Status: Okay, I'm back and I'm going to be revamping this and doing it better justice, lol

Hearts in Need

Prologue

Rebecca stared down at the floor, not wanting to stare around at the strange people around her. She stuck close to her parents and didn't want to leave the safety and comfort of them. She wanted to just turn around and go home, but she couldn't, she has to go to school.

The idea of school was weird to her. Why would her parents drop her off with no one that she knew? She knew it was to learn, but couldn't she do that at home? What could she learn here that she couldn't at home?

"Okay, sweetie, we're here..." Her mother, Lillian Renae Williams, declares, smiling down at her daughter. Deep down, she was afraid of leaving her daughter behind here in a place she was foreign to, but she knew it was for her own benefit.

"I don't want you to go.." Rebecca tells them, looking up at them, before looking at the wooden door in front of her.

Her father, Nicolas James Williams, frowns slightly and feels his spirits fall. He had hoped that her daughter would be okay today... but it seems that things would be going differently then he'd like.

Nick opened the door and they walked into the classroom full of kids. Rebecca looked up and was surprised to see so many kids in one room. She looked around and, then, she noticed a boy seemed to be hanging back from the rest, looking quite lonely.

She walked from her parents, not even getting her school supplies from them, and walked straight to the boy that seemed to look so sad.

When she was near him, she smiled at him.

"Hi there, I'm Rebecca, what's your name?" Rebecca asked, her voice cheerful.

The boy looked up and then looked down. "Adam..." He whispered.

"Adam, huh? I like that name!" Rebecca tells the boy, her voice full of contagious cheer.

The boy looked up and a small smile formed on his lips.

"Really?" "Really!"

The boy's small smile widened and he seemed to perk up.

Her parents watched in wonder at seeing their daughter change from the shy, backwards girl into a totally cheerful, loving one. She always seemed to give them whiplash, but no matter what, that's what they loved about their daughter.

Rebecca gripped Adam's hand and tugged on it. "Come with me, I wanna show you my mommy and daddy!"

Adam went Rebecca, coming up to the man and woman standing off with the other parents.

"Wow, you're dad is a giant!" Adam exclaims, looking at Nick, who laughs.

"See, told you that you were a giant, daddy!" Rebecca smiles, looking up at her father.

Nick just rolls his eyes and Lily tries to hold in her laughter.

"So funny..." Nick snaps at his wife, who fails at holding her laughs in.

"I'm sorry, honey, I apologize." Lily continues to laugh, kissing Nick on the cheek.

"Your mom and dad aren't fighting?" Adam questioned, seeming confused at the loving parents.

"No, why do you ask?" Rebecca asks.

"Mine always fight..." He frowns, looking down at the ground.

The good mood vanishes at the boy's words and Lily and Nick starts to frown when Rebecca goes up to Adam and hugs him.

"It's okay, my parents can be yours, then!" Rebecca told Adam, holding the boy tight. Rebecca couldn't see it, but Adam had started to blush something fierce.

"Honey, it doesn't..." Nick started, but Lily elbowed him in the ribs, gaining an 'ow' and a death stare from him.

"Shush, don't finish that..." Lily responded, giving her serious eyes which effectively stopped Nick in his tracks. Nick just rolls his eyes and looks down at boy and his daughter.

Rebecca introduces Adam to her mom and dad, who return the greetings and they sit there and talk for a bit.

"Let's go play!" Rebecca declares, grabbing Adam's hand and tugging at it, suddenly.

"Yeah!" Adam exclaims, following Rebecca, but not before Rebecca stops and returns to her parents and hugging their legs and grabbing her backpack.

"Bye mommy, bye daddy!" Rebecca calls to her parents before returning to Adam and heading to the building blocks laying stranded on the floor.

Nick and Lily watched the two play before pulling away and walking out of the room, down the hall, and out into the California weather.

As they were going to the car, they were stopped by what sounded like shouting and they looked to see some parents standing off to the side, arguing.

Lily watched as Nick walked to the car, only stopped by the lack of presence of his wife.

Looking at the couple, Lily notice the father looked like the boy they had just met and they mother shared the hair color of the boy, as well. So, these where the parents...

"Guess the boy was right about his parent's arguing." Nick whispers, looking on the fighting couple as they fight on, only to break it up and get into the car, driving away.

"I wonder how often they fight?" Lily questions, thinking back to the sad look of the boy.

"Who knows... must be often..." Nick responds, turning about to walk to the car, his wife following right close to him.

"That poor baby, I hate that for him..." Lily sighs, getting into the car and whispering a quiet prayer for the little boy, as well as her daughter.

Nick looks on at his wife praying and smiles at her. That's where Rebecca gets her loving nature from, his loving wife. It's one of the many reasons he's fallen so deeply for her.

"Look, let's go and get some breakfast, and then we'll head home..." Nick offers, waggling his eyebrows.

Lily laughs and nods her head. "Sounds good."

They pull away from the school, unknown to the fact that just inside, Adam and Rebecca where on the fast track of becoming the close friends that would become in the future...

And here they were, worrying inside about the two...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I put this up, kinda just to introduce everything to everyone. Hopefully it's okay, I felt better writing this then I have in a while. It feels easier, so hopefully, it will show in my story, lol...

I apologize for changing up the story, but it just didn't feel like it was going where I was wanting it to go, so I changed it up and hope, deep down, it's better. :)

With that said, love you all and hope you stick with me as I rewrite this story and try to put it on the track I wanna put it on...