Status: New Story!

My Sister's Shadow

Deal With The Pain

“I’m telling you I didn’t try to kill myself, I was at a party and drank too much.” I say trying to convince these dumb asses that I didn’t need help. I wasn’t in the bed but I looked out the window leaning against the wall.

“That’s not what the man said who brought you in, now park it on the bed young lady.” The nurse said with a stern look. She looks too young to be acting like an uptight bitch; I think she needs to get laid.

I let out a huge sarcastic sigh and climbed on the bed, folding my arms across my chest and staring straight ahead. The nurse left and Matt walked in the one person I don’t want in here.

“I like how you just HAD to tell them I was trying to kill myself, and now they think I’m crazy.” I snap I don’t want to be here anymore, but I don’t want to go back to my parents’ house.

“I felt like they had to know Avery come one think about it Fynn wouldn’t want you to feel like this.” Matt says trying to make me feel better it only makes me feel worse.

“Go ahead I bet you wanna blame me for her death to, well join the club. My parent’s already think that I’m the scum of the earth. It wouldn’t surprise me if you hated me too.” I said getting off the bed and trying to get together all my stuff. I just want to get the hell out of this hospital.

Matt came up behind me and took my arms, but not hard to hurt just holding them to stop me from putting my affairs in my purse. The nearness of his body to mine raised my body heat. Matt then turns me around to face him.

“I don’t hate you Avery, your sister’s death was an accident cause by a careless drunk driver.” Matt says.

“But I was my fault if I didn’t call her she would still be alive.” I say trying not to cry.

“She came when you called because she loved you and still does, Avery your sister made a choice and she knew that you were just as important as her. She wanted to protect you.” He says and takes my hands again. I notice that Matt brought me some clothes that look to be my sister’s. He didn’t look embarrassed or anything when I changed in front of him. I didn’t care the clothes still smelled like my sister, it’s a strange comfort.

“Avery I want you to move in with me, I can’t explain it, but I feel like it’s my job now to protect you and to help you.” Matt says and looks me and in the eye and I know he wasn’t lying.

“Matt, I don’t know what to say, I’m not like Fynn she was perfect and I am nothing I’ll just get in the way.” I say trying to leave, but Matt blocks the door with his big sexy frame.

Oh God did I just say that…?

“I’m not taking no for an answer plus I know you don’t want to go back to that hell hole of your parent’s house.” Matt says taking me by the hand and we leave the hospital room.

“I’m not your problem Matt I don’t need your help.” I say rudely. I really want him to help me though, but I won’t admit that to him.

“Your sister told me about the stuff your parents use to say to you. She would come to my house balling her eyes out. She wanted the best for you, and she would want me to help you.” Matt says putting me inside his big black Escalade.

“I don’t want your help how many times do I have to tell you?” I ask looking at him.

“Too bad and you can say it till your blue in the face, but I’m gonna help you whether you want it or not so get used to it.” Matt says smiling showing me his perfect smile and his sexy dimples.

I’m in for a long road, but if Matt wants to help me then I’m gonna give him one hell of a hard time.

The drive to his house wasn’t that long we pull into his driveway, I’ve only been over there a handful of times I usually went over to my sister.

“It’s nothing special, the guest room I mean but you can decorate as much as you want.” Matt says showing me the room. I nod placing my purse on the bed I really don’t know what else to do.

“I was gonna order some pizza, and let me guess you are like your sister so that means you want chicken ranch pizza with extra ranch on the side so you can dip your pizza in it?” Matt asks smiling at me.

He’s right thought my sister and I had a very unhealthy relationship with ranch.

I nod and smile back.

“If you want to shower there is a bathroom through that door.” Matt says.

“No I’m ok, but I could really use a cigarette.” I say looking at Matt. He laughs at me and I follow him downstairs to the kitchen and outside to the pool. He makes a quick call to the pizza place and we both sit on the patio and I light up a cigarette feeling the stress just melt away.

“Avery I want you to tell me if you ever feel upset again. You can tell me anything, just come to talk to me.” Matt says looking very serious. I nod taking a couple more drags from my cigarette before putting it out. The pizza came soon after that and Matt and I sit at the table eating and laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I know this is boring and mostly filler, but things will get better and thank you sooo much for those who have commented and recommended/subscribed my story!

Avery/Hospital

Thank you to:

Alice Verney
Matthew Sanders;
KrissiDoll;
foREVer an Angel
Rosalie Ann