Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 1

“David?” I heard loud call of my mom from downstairs. I put off my headphones and put a paper of my own song lyrics down before going out of my room. I leaned on the guardrail. “Yep?!” “Your sister called me she’s gonna come today.” My mum answered and smiled. “And what’s the catch?” “She’s gonna come with her fiancé.” I sighed. “Cool.” “David, sonny, promise me that you won’t do any stupidity.” “Mum, you know I don’t like her, she doesn’t like me, so I will never be a friend of his, I guess. I’m sure she chose an arrogant man of property.” “David, leave off. That’s not nice.” I rolled my eyes and went back to my room. I don’t really like her because of her personality. I don’t feel as if she was my sister. Luckily, now she was in Toronto at college for 3 years so I saw her not so often – fortunately. But now she graduated and I’ll have to withstand her.

Truly, I have to say that I’m pretty impressionable but sometimes I can be really cheeky. When something pisses me off I’m just not afraid of telling my opinion, just, I’m really frank.

“David, they’re here. Come down, please!” “Sure, I’m right there!” I said ironically happily and got up of my bed before I jumped down the stairs. I’m coming to the kitchen to not be the first one who will see my ‘best’ sister Alice. “Oh, Ally, I’m glad to see you.” “Hey mama.” I heard their greeting from around the corner. “Good afternoon, madam.” I heard still unknown but nice voice of my sister’s fiancé. I tensed and gave one small piece of mom’s cake into my mouth. “You’re a gentleman. I hope you'll love it here.” My mum replied. “I’m sure I will.” “So come in, you lovebirds.” My mum invited them inside.

I’m turned back to the kitchen’s door and giving another piece into my mouth. “Hey bro.” I heard Alice’s voice and turned around. I faltered and coughed when I glimpsed her boyfriend in the doorway. He’s not the arrogant man of property evidently as I expected. He's different. I can describe him. He’s got big and wide smile. His brown well-styled hair harmonize with his dark brown eyes. He’s pretty stylish and elegant and I do like his tallness. Truly, I LOVE tall men. Oops, I didn’t want you to know who I’m but now it’s out. Okay, I’m gay and he really attracts me though I don’t even know his name. “It’s my fiancé, Dave.” My sister introduced him before he approached to me and gave me his hand. “Hi, I’m Pierre.” He said, smiling and I shook his hand. “I-I am Davi-vid.” I stuttered and tried to reciprocate his smile. After a while of my observation of him I let his hand go. “You’re Alice’s brother, aren’t you?” “Unfortunately, so, no! Of course I’m.” I swallowed thickly and look away because when I looked into his eyes my heart was melting inside. He smiled so I inferred he didn’t notice the word ‘unfortunately’. Maybe he really loves her, who knows.

It’s sunny afternoon so we all are sitting in the garden. I recognized that Pierre’s really sympathetic and nice guy with sense of humor. “And what school do you go to?” Pierre asked me. “Oh, I go to Rosemount High School.” I answered while looking into his eyes. “That’s great choice, David. So good luck." “Thank you. And did you go to the same school as Alice?” “Yes, yes. Seneca College in Toronto.” “Yea, cool.” “So how old are you?” “I turned 18 last month.” I said and smiled. “Oh, I wondered how you could go to high school when you’re so young. You know I guessed you’re 15 or 16 because of your short tallness. You look pretty young.” “Oh, that’s great. I don’t know why people think about me I’m only 15. I’m not so short.” I answered and looked down. I’m a bit nervous when I have to talk to him, I don’t know why. And truth be told, he doesn’t fit to my sis. “No hey, remember you’re not short, your height is just cute.” “Yea, that’s right.” We both giggled.

It’s about 11 p.m. I’m sitting at the desk in my bedroom. I’m playing the guitar and writing a song. I heard a few sounds of knock at my door. “Come in.” I said aloud the person to hear me through the closed door. To my surprise, Pierre came in. “Hi,” “Hello.” I answered to his nice greeting. He greeted me maybe for the fifth time now in one day. “I brought hot chocolate to you. Your mum cooked.” He said, smiling. “Aw, thank you. You can put the cup here.” He did and sat at the edge of my bed. “David, I hope we will get along well. I think you’re a nice boy despite what Ally told me about you.” I sighed. “Of course. So she shove the mess in my face, I guess.” “Well, she doesn’t talk about you in a nice way.” “Cool.” After a while he got up of the bed and said: “Well, so I gotta go. It’s too late so, good night, David.” I looked up into his eyes and answered silently: “Night.” “I hope you will have an amazing sleep.” He said in the doorway before he shut the door.

What’s my opinion on him? How I feel about him? Honestly, I take to him. At least we have a guy I understand with since the day my father left us alone. Maybe he will put our family together. A pretty long time we don’t work as a family as we used to do when my dad was still with us. I’m always at odds with my sister and I can say that mum is still on her side so sometimes I’m all alone to enforce my opinion. I pity at times because of my stupid behavior but in that instant I don’t realize what I say. That’s my biggest problem – I can’t keep my emotions.