Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 12 (the last)

“Mammy, I have to tell you something.” I said when Alice left the house. Pierre is already two hours out so it’s time to admit. “So come to the kitchen, I’m cooking,” she said and I did. I sat at the table. “Mum, can you sit as well?” “Sure, but talk quickly. There’s a cake in the oven.” She pointed out and sat opposite.

“Mum, anything’s happening and I want you to know about it.” It took me some time than I managed to talk on. I took a breath. Mum’s looking at me somewhat weirdly. “Mum, I’m in love.” “So, that’s great, David but you could tell it to me while my baking.” She snapped and wanted to stand up. I stopped her. “Mum, no. There’s one catch. The person my love belonging to is-“ “I’M HOME, SWEETHEART!” I heard Pierre’s calling from the hall. I swallowed thickly. Mum looked at me inquiringly. “Oh, he thinks Ally’s home, hah.” I tried to cover it. “Pierre, Ally’s not here!” I screamed at him and played like I don’t know what’s going on. Meanwhile Pierre pulled his shoes off and went down the hallway. “But your mum’s not here, too, so we can-“ He was a little taken aback when he saw me and my mother next to. He looked at me inquiringly as if his eyes were saying ‘did you tell her the truth yet’? I gave a look of failure at him. He understood. “Good af-ter-noon.” Pierre stuttered and tried to smile. “What’s going on, boys?! I want explanation!” She said angrily and stood up. Pierre came in from the doorway and stood behind me, resting his hands on my shoulders. “Mrs. Desrosiers, we are in love.” Mum was confused but she wasn’t the only one. I turned at him briskly and looked at him like ‘are you crazy?’. “What?! It’s not April fool’s day!” She shouted. “Mum, try to understand it. We-“ “No, no, no. I just said. Pierre is married and you have to find a GIRLFRIEND! Or you’re a queer or what?!” I’m pretty dumbfounded and sheepish. Did she just say ‘queer’? “Mum, you don’t understand it.” “I told you fifteen thousand times that I hate, truly HATE gays!” She screamed. “Stand up, Davie, come away,” Pierre said and made me stand up. I’m just looking at my mum confused and huddling up to Pierre. “You homophobic opinion won’t fall us apart.” “What the hell? Get a grip, Bouvier!! You’re a husband with a small baby and you’re about escaping with your brother in-law?! You PERVERT!” Mum’s screaming pissed him off. “Okay, madam. I’m NOT a pervert, I just LOVE your son, and that’s it! I know I was stupid when I pretended my love to Alice but after a long while I realized she’s not like she seemed to be! She’s a rude and daft blond alcoholic!” Pierre shouted and I huddled even more. “Come on, David. We’re going away.” He took me by my hand and led me to his bedroom.

“Pierre, what you’re gonna do?” I asked confused as I glimpsed him packing his suitcase. “Sweetie, go up and pack your bags, we’re leaving now. I’m gonna take Didi, okay? Hurry up, hon.” He said and kissed me but I’m standing there like an idiot without one single movement. “What’s up?” Pierre asked and stopped rummaging in his case. “What’s your plan?” I asked without any facial expression. “I told you yesterday. To take you and Delight and go away just escape from this hell or, you don’t want to go?” Pierre is dumbfounded. “Sweetie, there’s my home here.” “I thought you would go with me.” He’s looking at me sheepishly. “Pie, tell me where would we go to?” I asked and sat on the edge of the bed. Pierre sat next to me as he said: “We’d go to Toronto. I will find a job easily and you can complete study. After that we can raise Delight, we can have united house and, united life just-“ “Pierre, you’re married.” I pointed out and sobbed. He sighed before he said: “No. I’m not.” He took the wedding ring off. “Pierre?! Are you normal?!” I’m horror-stricken. “I’m gonna ask for a divorce, I told it.” He kissed me. “I love you, Davie, and I want to spend my whole life with you.” He said seriously. I’m thinking over. I’m in doubt. There are so many ‘what ifs’.

There was a silence. I looked at the crib with Dee and back at Pierre. I breathed out and said: “Yes. I'll be here in ten minutes with my packed suitcases, okay? Take Delight and we can go.” I said strong-minded and got up. Pierre smiled. “I promise I won’t disappoint you. At that time you told me you don’t deserve to be happy. You do. I want to make you happy.” Pierre said and pressed his body against mine. “You’re the reason why I am happy.” I said smilingly ad we kissed each other. “You mean the world to me, I love you.” I said and hugged him. “I love you, too, sweetie.” We pulled each other into a very big and tight embrace. Pierre pulled me away lightly and kissed my forehead. I have to say that to feel a kiss on your forehead is the most beautiful thing ever. “Hurry up, we have to go.” He said and I did.

********

Delight grew up. She turned 1 year last week. The divorce went off well but Pierre didn’t enjoy the freedom for so long. Two weeks later he asked me to marry him. It’s a matter of course that I said YES!

Since the day we fled everything goes well. A few months ago I graduated so it was another life success.

Since the day Pierre and I went away from Montréal, I learnt Alice is in relationship with my obscene classmate I talked about. There’s age difference between them, too but who cares. Love blooms in every age.

My story was a bit strange because I fell in love with boyfriend of my sister Alice got married with. But it was evidence that everything can happen!