Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 3

I’m sitting on the couch in the living-room covered with a blanket. I’m thinking. “David, go to sleep, it’s too late.” My mum said and sat next to me. I didn’t react. “What happened?” She asked again when she didn’t get my response. “Nothing, Jack phoned me. He has some family problems again so I tried to cheer him up.” I told her what’s going on in a family of my best friend. “Aha. What happened to him?” “I can’t tell you but his dad came home drunk so you can imagine what followed on.” I said, sighing. “This is terrible.” She acknowledged and patted on my shoulder before she said: “Get up David, go to sleep. You have to wake up to school tomorrow.” “Okay.” I said and got up of the sofa. “Night, mammy.” “Good night, sonny.” She answered and I went up the stairs.

I couldn’t fall asleep. I was rolling over in bed, looking into space just, I had to think about anything. I thought about Jack, I thought about Pierre. It’s so bad feeling – he lives with us maybe for 2 weeks and everytime I try to talk to him there’s Alice and she always says me something like ‘Fuck you’ so I have to retreat from Pie.

I’m getting up and taking my hoodie from my clothes press. I’m coming out of the house and going on the garden.

I’m sitting outdoor on the swing chair and thinking while looking at the moon. It’s cold so I’m wrapped in my hoodie. “Davie?” I heard Pierre’s voice from behind me. I turned around briskly. He scared me. “What?” I asked and looked at his silhouette. “What are you doing here? Take it.” He asked and wrapped a blanket around me. “You’re so cold.” He said when he touched my hand. “It’s okay.” He sat next to me and asked: “Davie, what’s happening?” “I couldn’t fall asleep so I wanted to be on the fresh air.” “Aha. And are you alright?” He asked before I looked into his eyes. I saw only two shining lights. “I am. Thank you for asking.” I smiled. There was a silence for short period of time before I spoke: “It sucks. I can’t even talk to you because Alice is still with you. But she has to understand that you’re the only guy who understands me. So, sometimes I just need to converse with you.” I explained what bothers me and looked down. He rested his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. “David, you know I’m here for you. If anything happened, you can come and I’ll try to help you, ok? And don’t deal with Alice. She can’t tell you what you can and can’t do, um?” He said and cheered me up a bit. “Thank you, Pie.” I smiled weakly. “Come on inside. You will catch a chill. Come.” He said and helped me to stand up. We went home together.

“Thank you for hearing me out.” I thanked and looked up into his eyes again. We’re standing in the unilluminated hallway so again, I see only two shining lights. He’s maybe a head taller than me so I have to look up when I talk to him. “Of course, remember what I said. I’m here for you, okay?” He finished his sentence and smiled. “Go to catch some Z’s. You need it. Sleep it off.” He said and patted on my shoulder before I answered: “Okay. Good night, Pierre.” “Good night.” He replied, smiled and went to their bedroom.

For about an hour after that I thought a lot. Luckily, I fell asleep easily.

********

It’s three o’clock in the afternoon. Mum and Alice went shopping, how else. I have to study for upcoming test so I have to be closed in my room. It’s a bother. I noticed Pierre’s sitting on the garden and reading a book. “It’s time for fun,” I said to myself while looking out of my window at sitting Pierre.

I ran down the stairs and came off the house as silently as I could. I’m tiptoeing across the terrace. Luckily, Pierre didn’t notice my coming. I took a hosepipe and directed the squirt at him. I grinned gleefully and shouted: “ATTACK!” And I turned on the water. Pierre stood up as quickly as lighting. “STOP! I’LL KILL YOU, DAVID!” He screamed and approached to me but I’m still directing the squirt at him while laughing. “PLEASE, DAVID!” Pierre begged loudly and took my hands the squirt to not drive at him. I turn the water off. “Look at that shirt, you fool!” Pierre said and tried to unstuck his undershirt clinging on his muscular chest. I laughed again but deep inside I hope he’ll take his undershirt down. “I’m sorry.” I said and looked at him wishful for forgiveness. “You’ll pay for it, David!” He said aloud and took me by my legs before he threw me over his shoulder. “Pierre! No!” I petitioned. “No and quickly into the water!” He exclaimed and threw me in our 1,5 metre deep pool. I sank. After a while I debouched before faltering and coughing the water out of my mouth. “I’m wet, Pie!” I highlighted and pointed at my wet T-shirt. “So look at me, Davie. It wasn’t my plan to get wet!” He said jokingly and smiled. “I didn’t expect revenge like that.” I said and looked away to think out what I could perform to him. I checked his position before I took his undershirt and tumbled him down. But during his falling he caught my forearm and took me down with him so we both sank. I had to cough the water out of my throat. We both are laughing.

I'm about splashing the water at him. He’s doing the same while laughing. “YO!” I heard one's voice. After a while I realized it was Ally. I stopped splashing at him and turned at her. I swallowed thickly. I know it was bad. “Hello. Don’t you wanna join to us? To the water?” I asked and squinted because of the sun shining over her shoulders. She didn’t respond, just looked at me somewhat grimly so I continued: “Oh, I forgot, you don’t wanna ruin your hair.” I said on purpose and looked away just to not see her glare. I heard Pierre’s silent chuckle. I looked at him and he covered his mouth her to not listen his laughing. I understood I made him laugh. “You bastard! Take your rubber duck and bathe alone! And you Pierre, come on.” “Hey, Ally, we have fun.” Pierre protested and I agreed with him. “I said! I think it was better when we were together in Toronto. No one irritating as my brother molested us! Crawl out of the pool, hon.” She said and stamped ground. “Sweetie, I’m gonna come for a heartbeat, ok?” Pierre wanted to finish talking with her. “Fine.” She snapped and turned on her heel. I splashed her hairstyle from behind. Pierre burst into laugh. “You idiot! I just came from hairdresser's!” She screamed really pissed and went away. Pierre’s still laughing – pretty much. “Oh my god.” He said and laughed again. “Hey, don’t laugh. I just don’t want her to boss me what I should do. She can’t tell me I can’t talk to you, um?” I said but didn’t get his answer. He started splashing the water at me again. So I can say that this afternoon was damn worth it.