Boyfriend of My Sister

Chapter 8

Three months have passed since the wedding. There is one thing I do not get. Alice is pregnant. When she informed me about it I was looking at Pierre. And he wasn’t any happy. It was pretty strange. I don’t understand it but on the other hand, maybe it would get them together because these days they don’t get along well together. I don’t know why.

It’s Tuesday and I’m running down the stairs to the kitchen. I expected that there will be the whole family but I was wrong. I went out from around the corner and as I glimpsed Pierre sitting there alone I hid behind the door frame. I’m peeking out at him. He’s rubbing the wedding ring. First time he’s pulling it up at his finger joint. Second time he’s pulling it back down. It’s strange. It seems like he is frustrated and pretty nervous. How come? Who knows?

I’m coming to the kitchen. I’m finding out he didn’t notice my coming. “Good morning, Pie.” He looked at me confused. “Oh, hi, good morning, Davie.” He said and looked into my eyes for a short period of time. Then he snuffled. “Pierre, you cried?” I asked frightened as I glimpsed his eyes red of weeping. “Oh, no, no. That’s alright.” He said and looked away to make me not be able to identify if he cried or not. He wiped his eyes. “Pierre, what happened?” I asked and sat on the chair next to him. “Nothing happened, really. I just…I just reminisced.” He said and tried to smile. In that instant I looked at his left hand – he was still rubbing the ring. I don’t know what happened. “You can talk to me, Pie.” “No, no, David, just, sometimes you need a good cry. Even if you don’t know the reason why you’re crying, you know?” He said a very wise sentence. I smiled weakly. I didn’t know what to say. “But Pierre, do not cry, okay? Or you’ll make me cry, too.” I said, smiling. “No, no it tears me up inside to see you crying.” He said seriously. I smiled while looking into his trustworthy eyes. It was really nice to hear. “You already made me cry.” I said, wiping my tearful eyes. “Oh…I’m sorry.” He said and stroked my cheek. “It’s time for us to stop crying, okay?” He said smilingly. Hi didn’t remove his hand from my cheek. I’m looking into his eyes. He is, too. We’re looking into each other’s eyes for a pretty long time. “WE ARE HOME!” We both heard Alice’s calling from the hallway. In that moment Pierre removed his hand briskly and looked away. “That’s great. We’re gonna make you breakfast.” Pierre said aloud to make her listen him. He looked at me somewhat oddly before going to the counter. I got up and went to school.

********

It’s Friday and a while ago I came home, crying. I’m running up the stairs straight to my room. “David? There’s cooked dinner here, come here.” I heard mum’s voice calling me from the kitchen. I didn’t react and slammed the door behind me.

“What happened? Where is David?” Pierre asked as he came in the kitchen from the terrace. “I don’t know. He threw his backpack away on the floor here and ran up.” My mother explained. “He won’t dine?” He asked again while sitting down at the dining table. “Probably not.” Alice snapped. “So I’m gonna check him o-“ “No! Stay here, Pierre. If was something wrong, he would come.” Alice commanded him to stay. He just looked at her somewhat uncomprehendingly.

Meanwhile I’m crying with my head rested on the pillow, holding my abdomen. My only desire is nobody to knock at my door. *Knock, knock*, damn. I didn’t want this to happen. Why didn’t I lock the door? Shit. “Can I come in?” I heard a voice belonging to Pierre. “No. Don’t go inside.” I said tearfully. “David, please.” He begged again but I didn’t respond to him. I don’t want him to see my crying and absolutely bruised and devastated.

After a while Pierre came in. I buried my face to the pillow to make him not be able to see the bruises on my face. He’s approaching and sitting on the bed in the plane of my legs. “Davie?” He asked and rested his hand on my back. Again, I didn’t react and sobbed. “What happened?” He said worried. After a while I lifted my head up. “Oh, shit. Are you kidding me? What it is? Who hurt you, Davie?” Pierre questioned frightened and touched my bruised face. “Ouch,” I hissed because of the pain. “I’m sorry. What happened, Davey?” He asked again while my sobbing. I leaned on the wall. “Are you okay?” “No. It’s just what you want to hear. I’m not okay.” I said seriously. “Tell me what happened.” “Just, Pierre, it’s unbearable. I can’t stand the pain I feel because of the people bullying me because of my homosexual orientation. Just I’m losing.” I said while weeping. “What?” “Myself.” I answered and looked into his eyes. “People in school harass you?” “Yes. You can see these bruises. But it’s not a physically attacking but psychical more. Their insults kill me.” I said while crying even more than ever before. “Words can hurt, that’s true.” “Pierre, you know, I just feel so forgotten. I wish there was someone to say I’m proud of you and I got your back. No matter what.” I said, crying and covering my face with hands. “David, I AM proud of you and got your back no matter what.” He said and I looked up. “What?” I said confused, sobbing. He smiled weakly and rested his hand on my shoulder. “David, don’t lose yourself in your fear. There are people who like you, including me.” He said and smiled. “You know, I just feel I don’t deserve to be happy. And when it finally seems like going well there always someone who destroys the chance for me to have happy life.” I said and looked down again. “Davie, listen to me. You don’t have to be great to start. You have to start to be great. Just believe you can and you’re halfway there.” He said seriously and made me look up again. “Can I hug you?” I asked him. “Of course, come on, Davie.” He said. I hugged him before he pulled me the closest he could. “Never lose hope, David and fuck those idiots who insult you.” I’m crying into his shoulder and holding him really tightly.

I’m crying on his shoulder for ten minutes now, I guess. “You’ve got a wet shirt because of the tears.” I said smilingly but still in tears. “There you go! You have to dry it!” Pierre said jokingly before we both laughed weakly. “So, are you okay now?” He asked again. “Yes, yes. It’s better.” I answered.
“What's wrong with him, Pierre?” Mum asked him as he came in the living room. “He is so lost in his sadness that he has no idea how visible it is.”

I have to say now that he kissed me in my room. He kissed me only on my cheek to cheer me up but well it was really encouraging. He made me feel wholly better.