Sequel: Painting Flowers

Never Look Back

Promises Only Come in Desperate Conversation

“I’m home!” I heard Patrick call from the living room. I jogged out to see him and when we made eye contact he pulled me into a tight hug.
“How are you? Did you get moved in okay?” He asked when he pulled me back so he could look at me. I shrugged and nodded.
“For the most part yeah, oh and thanks for taking care of all the schooling papers and problems and such.”
“Yeah, I’m just glad everything is going as planned so far,” he looked over at the boys staring intently at the television. “Score?”
“27-21 Ravens in the fourth with 15, offense is getting a bit sketchy though, they took Ray out,” Jack said without taking his eyes off the T.V. Patrick got hooked and sat down next to all of them, I rolled my eyes at them but decided to stay and watch for a little bit to give football a try. It looked like the people in the purple and black had the ball. From there it all got too boring and I became uninterested immediately.
I went back to my room to organize my school stuff and pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I was NOT excited about starting a new school with a bunch of people I didn’t even know. Everyone at my old school either jumped at new kids or shoved them away like last season’s clothes. I had never been to a public school before, the school I went to was a high prestigious private school called “Octavian Holmes Day.” The girls were stuck up and the guys were the best athletes and students.
I decided to wear black True Religion jeans with a baby pink pullover and black sandals. That looked “first day appropriate,” right? I have no idea how people dressed there but from the look of Jack, I’m guessing not well. A soft knock on my door broke my concentration and Patrick appeared behind the door and approached me.
“Sorry about that, I get caught up in the games sometimes. But anyway, I just want to make sure you’re doing okay and if anything is bothering you to just let me know or if you want to go back to Pittsburgh because I know this isn’t easy for you to do this and I just want to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.”
“I’m fine or I’ll be fine,” I responded and he nodded slowly, not quite sure if what I said was good enough for him to assume I was gonna be okay. He exited and I sighed a breath of relief and could relax.
But not long after another knock came to my door and I looked up to see Alex enter my room. He flashed a crooked smile at me and shoved his hands into his gray distressed skinny jeans.
“Hey since we got school tomorrow, I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me and Jack. I drive because he’s…horrible at it.”
“Yeah, I know and sure I’ll go with you guys,” I said as I nodded.
“Cool, I’ll be here at 7:30,” he started to walk out when he stopped and turned back around to say something. “Oh and if you need anything, will you ask me?” he furrowed his brows together and leaned up against the wall next to the door.
“Sure…I guess,” I said awkwardly.
“Promise?”
“Promise,” He shook his head.
“I don’t believe you; we’re going to have to pinky swear.” I giggled as he walked up to me and stuck his pinky out. I followed suit and wrapped my pinky around his, we let go and said our good-byes and he walked back out with the boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short and boring chapter I know haha it'll get better I promise!