Status: Comment, Subscribe, Recommend

Walk by Faith

Dawn of every morning

Light busted through the off white lace curtains and the smell so familiar, so memorable, so heartwarming filled her nose. Was she dreaming? It couldn’t be she was back home in Texas with her family. It couldn’t be that the smell of her all time favorite breakfast was filling up in her nose. Her eyes, still so tired and so heavy fluttered open without any hesitation. To be able to have a break from her career could sometimes be a wonderful thing but could sometimes also take a damper to her day.

Image


Paisley Morgan, from a young age, spent her days dancing around the house and busting out in song at the top of her lungs. Music had been her life and the one thing that made her heart life, took away all the darkness, sheltered her from any negative temptations her life.

It wasn’t until a year and a half ago she had been voted off just after the third episode of the season’s The X-Factor. There was the crowd that couldn’t stand the sight of her, “No one needs another Taylor Swift.” They chimed. Then there was the group who adored her, everything she stood for, her passion, and her drive.

With hate comes love to balance everything out. What hurt her the most was that she wasn’t given a chance. Weeks after her vote off there was talk, people talked. How could she be voted off, not Paisley Morgan; It had come so suddenly, the call that changed her world forever.

Image


“PAISLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The sudden screech of an all too familiar voice echoed through the halls of her parents Texas home as she suddenly sat up in her warm cozy bed. It was her day off from tour and yet she still couldn’t get a break. Her bedroom door busted open and the bright-eyed look of her best friend busted through her door with a grin.

Dressed in a pair of Dark blue skinny’s and a bird star print collar top was Karmyn. “Paisley, up and at em sweet child of fame. It’s 7 in the morning and if you don’t get up you’re going to be late for church.”

For as long as she was aware Church was always something that was a requirement with her family. Unless you were sick and on your death bed you were well enough to go to church. No her family weren’t Jesus freaks. They’re just a regular family who made mistakes, who fight, and use choice words. However growing up The Morgan’s taught their children, whether it’s with god or not, you’re faith is who you are. You can choose to let it go but always keep in mind that in the end as long as you do have it nothing can bring you down. It’s the dawn of every morning, the last moments before sleep, it’s your strength, it’s your ambition, and it’s what defines you as a person.

They only said it once and occasionally they would speak of it but they would never truly quote the whole sentence. Elaine and William wanted their kids to become the people they were to come, not by force but by choice of their own. The only thing they could truly do in insert positives their way and hope for the best.

Paisley groaned and fell back in bed. She knew she didn’t have any choice, before she knew it she was up and away. Hopped in the shower and dressed for church as she would before she had left home. Her Nashville home was no more than two miles away from a church, she went but it wasn’t the same. Not like here at home.

As she erupted from the bathroom Karmyn looked up at her from the bed all smiles. “Love it, wonderful choice in colors.” Everything about clothes and make-up was from her best friend. Before she met Karmyn, Paisley dressed how she wanted; jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes.

Karmyn rolled off the bed and on to her feet while Pais grinned. “Ready my little country bumpkin.” She chuckled and motioned for her best friend to walk ahead.
In the end Paisley hadn’t been dreaming. Laid out on the dark oak table were biscuits, honey chicken breast, gravy, and eggs. This was the one thing Paisley missed being so far from home. She missed Sunday morning breakfasts with her family, morning mass, and then catching the Cowboys play with her brother and dad.

Everywhere she’s been so far has been great and the people have been great but in all honesty there is nothing like southern hospitality.

“Good morning pumpkin!” Hands down Paisley has always been a daddy’s girl, seeing how she’s the only girl of four kids. “Morning.” Paisley took a seat at the table and stared up at the TV in the corner of the kitchen. She watched as she waited for the rest of breakfast to be placed within her grasps.

”Good morning star shine, the earth says hello. This morning we have so much for you. This past week country cutie Paisley Morgan was spotted back in her hometown for a weeklong break from her very first tour of her career. This wholesome southern sweetie was caught running around with childhood friend fishing at the local lake, making a day trip to the Arlington Six Flags, and even went galloping around on her grandparents ranch with her horse Beauty. <p>

In the 2 years this young lady has been around not once have we caught her in some crazy scandal. This makes us wonder, is there really such thing as perfect or is she just a master pro and keeping her life under wraps and away from the spotlight. Either way we applaud you Pais. Keep on rocking girl.

In other news, One Direction’s Harry Styles was spotted coming out of a New York club last night with a not so sweet blonde. This worldwide heartthrob has been spotted out partying quite a bit and then wait. We can’t forget the few mishaps that have come around the past two years. The world is concerned Harry. Perk up and step away from the negative energy. Maybe we need to intervene and pull Harry away from the demons. Until this this is Cora Wilkes, have a wonderful Sunday everyone.”


Paisley couldn’t help but smile. She took pride in keeping her private life to herself and out of the other life she now lived. Unfortunately how hard she tried they still found her, they still flashed their cameras, and even then her life still didn’t feel as private as it once was and she knew it was a price she had to pay to play her music.

She just hoped she didn’t end up where Harry Styles now. Whether or not he was an attention-seeking whore or was just having a spotlight meltdown. She didn’t want it and refused to let it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope y'all enjoyed this first chapter. Recently I have been going through some trials and while thinking Faith is something I have always fallen on so I decided to write a lovely story based on Faith and following your heart even though they're are demons on your back. No, this is not a "Holy" story. Yes the title is taken from the Bible and yes there are references of God and so on but that's not the sole base of this story. Please read and give it a chance. Comment and tell me what you think.

Outfits:

→ Paisley's Pajamas here.
→ Paisley && Karmyn's Church outfits here.