Status: In That Moment I Loved You

Stubborn Love

Chapter One

A majority of her belongs were still strewn across the small, but brightly lit room. Clothes still hung in the closet but only a handful of hangers were empty. Poster of her favorite artists and pictures of her family and friends, still lined the wall, the desk on the far end of the room still had her laptop sitting on top of the cherry wood finish, closed, but still humming with life. It was unusual for her to leave such an important item at bay, but something told him it was her way of leaving behind the life that she had with him.

He was unsure if he should call the police and report her missing, or if he should wait and see if she would call to explain herself. But as he walked through her room, he knew that calling the cops would bring unnecessary worry and waiting by the phone would only be a waste of his time. He journeyed once more around the room, till his blue-grey eyes caught the neatly placed pink envelope, sitting on top of her lavender colored pillow. Slowly he crept over to the bed, afraid of what would be in the envelope. With each guided step he took, he ran his hand through his already messy brown hair, hands began to get clammy as he neared his destination.

His hands held the small pink envelope, turning it over twice and traced her neat cursive handwriting, hoping that there would be some sort of spark that told him she would be coming back. Once more he turned the envelope over then slowly and carefully, he began separating the flap from the body. It took all of his will power to pull the single sheet of paper from the pocket. Everything bad he could think of, flooded his mind like a raging river tearing through a city. His large hands began to shake slightly as he unfolded the sheet of paper, closing his eyes as he breathed in her sweet scent, then opened them back up to read what she had to say.

His eyes began to read but stopped at “Dearest John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. It might be a while before the next chapter but hopefully not.

Thoughts on where this is going?