Status: In That Moment I Loved You

Stubborn Love

Chapter Two

John watched Kylie intently. He saw as her big brown eyes slowly began to fill to the brim with tears, but as she spoke it was as if she never witnessed his brief encounter with her best friend, Amanda. Kylie kept her composure, avoiding eye contact and just brushed away the loose blonde and pink strands of hair away from her face and asked John, “So, what did Amanda have to say?.”
John cleared his throat, “Amanda, uh, she just stopped by to say hi.” Kylie moved her hand quickly, that John winced, expecting her to throw the glass bottle in her hand at him. However, Kylie just smiled, nodding her head still avoiding eye contact. He knew he was wrong, he knew what he did was unforgivable and he wanted Kylie to react.
“We should invite her over to dinner.” Kylie imagined ways of killing him. The tension between them was thick and the silence that reverberated through their living room made John awkward.
He continued to watch her intently, her blonde and pink hair was up in a bun on top of her head, her eyes were puffy from her previous breakdown and he thought of ways of bringing up what had happened between Amanda and himself. There was no excuse for what he had done.
John, without a doubt, loved Kylie with all his heart, but as they got even more serious, he began to second guess if Kylie was the right girl for him. He wondered if everyone was right and that they were moving too fast. As all of those thoughts flooded his mind Kylie stood up from her favorite spot on the couch and stormed out the front door.
The slamming of the door startled him out of his thoughts. He glanced at the empty couch, then at the front door. Kylie’s flats still sat in the shoe box, letting him know that she had just walked downstairs to her car. Although she wouldn’t tell him let alone admit to what she was doing, he knew that she went out to her car to smoke. John got up from the cream colored couch, walked outside and sat at the top of the steps waiting for Kylie to get back.
As John sat on the top step, Kylie sat in her little red car inhaling the short stick of tobacco. The tears that she refused to shed in front of John, finally spilled over and ran down her cheek. She wasn’t really sure who she was mad at the most. Herself for shutting down and ignoring the whole situation, hoping that it was all a bad dream. John for giving in and making it obvious that he had slept with her best friend. Or perhaps she was completely angry at Amanda for throwing away eleven years of friendship by hooking up with her boyfriend, then denying it when Kylie walked in on it happening.
All Kylie knew was, that she was done. She was finished with the bullshit that John constantly pulled. Whether it was sleeping around behind her back, or disappearing for days and reappearing whenever he felt like it. She knew that she deserved much more than what he was giving her, but there was just something there between her and John that she just couldn't let go of. Kylie, just wanted John to feel or see what it was that she saw. But, she knew that she could only fight for so long before it begins to be a waste of time.
Kylie took her last drag of the cigarette making up her mind on what she was going to do. Her hands ran over the steering wheel, and got out of her car. As she walked back to her apartment, she saw John sitting in the same spot that he always sat when they fought. A little spark of hope seared through her, but when she looked into his big green eyes, she knew that it was time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay here is chapter two.
I've still haven't decided where I am going with this, but I know that it will end up being good.

Please let me know what you think thus far.

Thank you for reading <3