Status: In That Moment I Loved You

Stubborn Love

Three

Kylie's POV

I sat in my car across the street from the house I grew up in. I watched as people got out of their cars, wearing all black, walk up to the front door. My mom would smile softly before shaking someone's had or embraced someone in a hug.

I felt like a shitty daughter just sitting in my car, hiding like the coward I was, while my mom stood up to everyone's apologies on her loss.

My dad was gone, and my mother only had me left, but I wasn't even there to let her cry on my shoulder. Or to tell her that everything was going to be alright.

I just thought of the different ways that I could apologize for not being there for her when she called me to tell me that dad was sick, but there was nothing that was worth forgiving. I had made up my mind not to show my face in the town that pretty much ruined my life. I chose to run away from my problems and the one person that knew how to make me smile even when I hit rock bottom, was forever gone.

But the worst part was I never got to say goodbye.

I mean, what kind of person did that make me?

I continued to stare out the window watching different people walk up the small steps to the front door. My mom gave the same smile to everyone and at one point I thought that she spotted me. I wanted nothing more to get out of the car and cry on her shoulder, but as soon as I began to gather the courage, a familiar truck parked right behind me.

Suddenly memories from the past began to flood my mind and I could only hope that my windows were tinted enough to conceal the fact that I was back in town.

Then I saw her.

My heart dropped.

The girl that I once called my best friend, stepped out of the truck that belonged to my ex.

Then it began to make sense why he never came after me three years ago.

For a second I debated getting out of my car to confront them.

But I realized that it was not my place to be angry any more. To feel threatened.

John had chosen Amanda and I tried to convince myself that it was fine even though deep down it hurt.

I watched as they walked up to the front door and saw as Amanda leaned in to hug my mom, but my mom turned away, bringing a smile to my face. It was nice to know that my mom secretly blamed Amanda for my disappearance.

I just didn't want to be here, I didn't want to come to terms that my father had passed away and I wasn't even there to say goodbye. I was still the shitty daughter that ditched every thing in my life because of a stupid boy.

Thoughts just kept racing through my mind, I laid my head down on the steering wheel as I whispered every bad name I had ever called myself, I know repeated loudly, not realizing a familiar face staring through the passenger window.
The small tap caused me to jump in my seat and look to my right. I noticed the face and instantly had a smile.
I clicked the button to unlock the door and let Garrett in.

"Hey kiddo," He got in and reached over to give me a hug. "I didn't think you'd make it."

Tears filled my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away. "I mean, I guess I really didn't make it."

Garrett ran his hand through his copper hair, which was disheveled as always, but he made up for his bed head with a clean pressed white dress shirt, black slacks and a tie.

"You made it here, regardless of anything, you still made it. Your dad loved you and now all that matters is that you're home." he paused turning my head so that I was now facing him. "You are home for good now right? I mean we miss you. Your mom and all of us guys...Including John."

I winced at the mention of his name, but I knew Garrett was right. I'd been gone for way too long, and it was time that I came home.

"Walk me inside?" I asked softy.

"Of course kiddo." Garrett kissed my hand before getting out of the car.

He walked over to my side, and waited for me to step out.

Before I got out of my car, I took a deep breath.

It was time for me to stop being a child.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me long enough to update this damn story.

Having to write 12 different one's for class, really had me at a stand still on this chapter.

Sorry if it's disappointing, I promise the next chapter wont take nearly as long as this chapter took me to write, and it wont be nearly as shitty.

Thank you for reading!