Only of You

Chapter 1

It was the middle of December in 1989, Charlie felt the cool breeze as she threw back her long black hair, she walked down the street, hands shoved in the pockets of the black skinny jeans she was wearing. She was feeling in-particularly thoughtful today as she looked up towards the sky, tears were threatening to fall from her light green eyes but she wouldn't let them, she had to be strong and she wouldn't cry about what happened that night 2 years ago, she wouldn't give the bastard the satisfaction. She took a deep breath and looked up the street, a cool smile appeared on her face as she saw a certain person walk towards her. Any sad thoughts were gone now as she spotted her friend Billie Joe Armstrong, his hair was its usual shaggy black mess as he strolled up to her and his guitar that he'd named 'blue' was slung around his shoulders as always. She met him about a year ago now at a punk club called 924 Gilman St, it was pretty much their second home, especially Billie Joe's, he was playing there all the time with his band, Green Day. The first time she met him, he'd been playing at the club with the band and when the gig had finished, he came over to her asking to buy her a drink. Initially he'd been trying to get in her pants but he soon got the message when she told him to back off or she'd give him a black eye. He was surprised by her reaction, having being used to girls dropping their pants for him. He thought she was different and he liked that, they soon became friends.

As Billie Joe neared her, he wore a cheeky grin upon his cute round face and had a mischievous look in his green eyes. Charlie saw the look in his eyes and frowned nervously, she knew what Billie Joe was like, he always had some naughty little plan up his sleeve. Still frowning, she attempted to nudge away from him but before she knew it, he had quickly grabbed her tiny frame, lifting her from the pavement and squeezing her tightly, spinning the two of them around in circles, he put on a girly voice.

"Oooh Charlie I've missed you soooo fuckin' much!"

"Fuck off Bill, I saw you last night, now put me the fuck down!" She laughed, knowing he was most probably high. He'd become a good friend of hers, they were always rocking out together and even when they weren't at Gilman they'd hang out now and then, he was great to talk to, they had a lot in common and got on really well.

Billie Joe put her back down on the path and pulled out a packet of cigarettes, offering one to Charlie, who gladly accepted taking the cigarette from him.

"So, you coming to Gilman tonight?" He asked watching the small, petite Charlie light up her cigarette, when she was finished, he took the lighter from her to light his own own.

"Of course I am, you guys are playing, since when do I miss a Green Day gig?"

"Thats true,"

The two of them continued to walk down the street together, smoking their cigarettes and laughing about what they'd both been up to. They were both 17, high school drop outs and were doing what they could to make ends meet. Billie Joe was playing in clubs besides Gilman and was earning his money by doing gigs with Green Day, which he thought was pretty fucking cool, people were paying to watch them play. Charlie on the other hand was working in a guitar shop, she knew how to fix them etc so they took her on straight away, she lived on her own in a flat above a fish and chip shop so she was glad to have the job, to pay the bills and rent. Billie Joe was still living with his mom, but it wouldn't be for long.

"So I think me and the guys are gonna be touring as soon as Mike graduates,"

Charlie looked up at him with a frown, her green eyes meeting his with a little hurt in them, she quickly put her head down, hoping he didn't see her expression, the one thing she hated doing was showing any emotion. She inhaled the last drag of her cigarette and threw it to the ground.

"Uh.. thats awesome,"

Billie Joe stopped walking, taking hold of Charlie's shoulder to stop her from walking. Once they had both come to a halt, he put his hand underneath her chin, lifting it, forcing her to look at him. He looked into her light green, black kohl rimmed eyes and smiled a little sadly, he'd always thought Charlie was pretty. Hell, thats the reason he'd introduced himself to her in the first place!

"Hey, I'll miss you too, y'know,"

She tried to look away from his gaze, but he wouldn't let her, he knew that she was upset and he also knew that there was some deep dark secret she was keeping locked away and she wasn't letting it out. Charlie had always put on her hard act but he could see the hurt in her eyes when she went in daydreams. Something bad must have happened for a 17 year old girl to be living on her own, fending for herself.

"Get off Billie," She laughed, breaking the gaze, she pushed his hand off her face and walked further up the road, leaving him stood there. "Anyway I've gotta get to work, see ya tonight at Gilman,"

Billie Joe stood there, feeling a little pissed off. He hated when she did that, just walked away, he knew there was a connection between them but she wouldn't let him in, she wouldn't let anyone in.
What was she so scared of?