Only of You

Chapter 12

Charlie's eyes squinted open expecting to see Billie Joe next to her, she sat up to look at the empty space next to her and frowned, where was he? As if answering her thoughts he opened the curtain, dressed wearing an Operation Ivy shirt with his same black jeans that he always wore, a cheerful smile plastered on his face.

"Mornin' baby, we're in North Dakota," He informed her as he sat on the edge of the bed, leaning over to give her a soft, sweet kiss on the lips.

Charlie wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him, making herself feel safe and comforted. She was feeling nervous this morning, at some point she was going to tell him what happened to her, the reason she was so withdrawn and scared. Pulling back to look at him, she held onto his hand, a sigh escaping her lips as she stared into his green eyes, a serious look in her own.

"What time is the show?"

Billie Joe could tell there was something on her mind, he tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear and stroked the side of her face softly.

"Its at 8pm, what's up?"

"I'm ready Bill, its time,"

He wore a confused expression, not completely understanding what she was talking about. Billie Joe frowned at her wondering what she meant, he watched her green eyes look straight at him seriously, looking sort of scared. It took him a minute until he realized what she was talking about, he gripped both of her hands, opening his mouth slightly, he pressed his forehead against hers.

"Don't feel like you have to Charlie, I mean obviously I want you to open up to me, but I don't want you to feel like you've been forced,"

She closed her eyes, a small smile appearing on her face as her forehead rested against Billie Joe's. He was being so sweet about it, she was feeling more confident about telling him, he was so lovely, she trusted him completely. Charlie pulled back to look at him, taking a deep breath, she looked into his green eyes, they twinkled back at her, a caring look upon his face.

"Its time, I trust you completely Billie,"

***

Charlie and Billie Joe found an old abandoned warehouse around the area where Green Day were playing. It was two hours before the band were on so the young couple decided to have some alone time. Billie Joe had let Mike know that Charlie was finally ready to open up to him which was why they were going off alone for a while. Mike was glad that she was going to tell him what her secret was, it was best for her to get it off her chest, it might even make her feel better to tell someone.

-
They sat down on an old, dirty sofa in the scruffy abandoned warehouse, surrounded by dirt, broken glass and old unwanted furniture. Charlie sat up straight, keeping her hands in her lap, her eyes were on her hands, she couldn't bring herself to look at Billie yet, her nerves were getting the better of her. Billie Joe stayed silent, watching her nervous features as he waited for her to begin to tell him her past. Charlie gulped, her eyelids opened slowly as she rested her tense green eyes on him. To give her a little reassurance, he rested his hand on hers, giving her a small smile, his eyes kind and sympathetic. Giving him a small smile back, she closed her eyes again and looked down.

"Two years ago it happened...," She started, her voice slightly raspy as she looked up at him, her eyes looking close to tears as she continued her story.

"Well it started before that, but two years ago was the main event so to speak, I was 11 when it started, my mother died when i was 9 and my dad was the only one I had to take care of me, I had no brothers or sisters, just me and him,"

Billie Joe frowned, an idea coming to his head about what she was going to tell him. He shut his eyes, his heart beginning to quicken as she carried on speaking.

"He started drinking a lot, it cut him up pretty bad when mom died, he was drunk most of the time, but he never hurt me... not until I turned eleven, he began to hit me and touch me in places fathers shouldn't touch their little girls, he told me it was normal but even though I was 11, a part of me knew it was wrong but if I dared to tell him then I'd get a good slap for it,"

Tears were flowing down Charlie's face by now as she told Billie Joe about her childhood. He gripped her hand, taking a deep breath, he shook his head, he felt like he could cry for her, it was fucking disgusting to do that to your little girl. He looked to Charlie's emotional, wet, tear stained face, his face full of concern.

"You don't have to go on,"

"I have to Billie, I want you to know," She choked out, pulling her hands from his, standing up from the old sofa, she walked around the warehouse, wondering what to tell him next, she ran her hands through her black hair as she came to a halt and looked up at the ceiling.

"He raped me when I was 13, I thought that would be the worst of it, I didn't go to the police because I was too scared, it was as if I'd become accustomed to this hell hole of a life... but when I was 15, that was when it happened, its what made me how I am, I was so scared Billie... I thought I was going to die..,"

Charlie began to cry uncontrollably as she remembered that night two years ago, she fell to the floor on her knees, both hands over her face, as if she was hiding as she cried. Billie Joe ran over to her, joining her on the ground, his arms wrapped around her from behind in a protective manner and letting her know he would be there for her. A couple of minutes had passed as he held her, the tears had stopped and she had calmed down. She removed her hands from her face, wiping away any tears left on her face, she turned around and flung her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest, she felt comforted as they held each other, she closed her eyes as she began to tell him the rest of her story.

"I'd got home from school, I was a little happy that day actually, my 16th was in two weeks and it was my plan to run away, I was cleaning the kitchen and I heard my father and his drunk friends come in... They attacked me, I'm only a small girl so there wasn't much I could do, they all grabbed me and forced me onto my fathers bed, I was stripped naked, gagged and tied onto the bed and they all raped me, hit me, spat on me, I was completely degraded by those disgusting drunken men, my father included... It went on for hours, I really thought I was going to die...,"

Charlie kept her face hidden into Billie Joe's shirt as she began to cry again, he wrapped his arms around her, stroking her hair, he frowned at what she had told him, he was disgusted. How dare they do that to her? Disgusting, dirty, perverted fuckers! He kissed the top of Charlie's head and whispered softly to her, letting her know she was safe now.

"Its okay baby, I'm here, I'll never hurt you ever, I love you,"