Only of You

Chapter 17

'I sit alone in my bedroom staring at the walls, I've been up all damn night long, my pulse is speeding, my love is yearning, I hold my breath and close my eyes and I dream about her because she's 2000 light years away'

Billie Joe quickly scribbled down the lyrics he'd just thought of onto the piece of paper in front of him. A good year and a half had passed by and although he still thought of Charlie, he now had a new muse, Adrienne Nesser. He had just shared his first kiss with her and those lyrics were the result, he couldn't stop thinking about the brown eyed beauty from Minnesota. The two had been friends and meeting up ever since Charlie left him, either Billie Joe would go there with the band, even on his own occasionally or Adrienne would come to Oakland to see him. He was devastated ever since Charlie had upped and left him, the first thing he did was turn to alcohol and weed but thankfully his best friend/bassist Mike got in touch with 80 and she came to see him. Her kind nature and beautiful personality helped him out straight away, everything about her inspired him, new songs came flowing.

Charlie wasn't the first person to leave Billie Joe's life, she left at the end of 1989 and then in late 1990 John, Green Day's drummer left the band for college. Billie Joe and Mike were hurt and angry, they thought it was going to be the end of the band but luckily Larry, the bands producer found them a replacement by the name of Tré Cool born Frank Edwin Wright III. When Tré Cool joined Green Day, they produced an album called 'Kerplunk' that was released on 17th January 1992, it sold 50,000 copies in the US and even ended up selling around Europe. The band ended up touring throughout '92 and '93, in 1992 Tré's Dad became the bands roadie and drove them around America in his bookmobile that was kitted out with bunk beds for the guys to sleep in. For 1993, Larry had them booked to tour around Europe. Billie Joe, Mike and Tré knew they were going places, their music was just getting better and better and their fan base was growing quickly.

-

The Green Day guys were in the middle of the tour and had arrived in Phoenix, the capital of Arizona.
They were playing in a couple of local clubs and then they would be moving onto the next town.

"Bring on the fuckin' beer," Billie groaned as he stepped out of the bookmobile, checking out his surroundings. It'd been a long drive, he was happy to finally be at the destination. He looked at the club in front of him, his green eyes lighting up as he noticed a small poster on the window with 'Green Day' written on it, his lips broadened into a smile , he couldn't wait to start playing his music.

"Amen to that," The shorter drummer replied stepping out after the frontman, a pair of black sunglasses covering his blue eyes.

Mike jumped out after the two smaller young men, stretching his legs as he looked towards Billie Joe and grinned. "Shall we set up the stuff then?"

"Yeah lets get it out, is your friend still coming later to check the guitars?" Billie Joe asked, a sudden moody look on his face as he added. "Y'know, since our techie bailed on us,"

Mike rolled his eyes, obviously knowing that his friend was referring to Charlie, he slapped his back in a friendly manner as he walked towards the bookmobile to help Tré get the instruments out.

"Forget about it, man,"

Tré frowned as he watched Billie walk off towards the club, he was confused by his strange moodiness whenever the techie was mentioned, someone called 'Charlie'. He shoved Mike's shoulder to get his attention.

"Who the fuck is Charlie?" He snapped feeling left out and pissed off. Mike spun round to look down at him with wide blue eyes, taken a back with being shoved. He closed his eyes and sighed understanding why Tré wanted to know.

"She was Billie Joe's ex girlfriend and the bands techie, he was totally in love with her, and as much as he hates to admit it, a part of him still does love her," He leant against the bookmobile as he continued on with the story.

"She was fucked up, had a very bad life and Billie was there for her, she loved him too but she couldn't cope with the whole relationship, trusting him thing, so she dumped him, on the last tour she just left one night without saying a word,"

Tré took his sunglasses off, not quite knowing what to say. He just took a deep breath and exhaled.
"Well, I'm sure it won't be long and him and Adie are gonna be serious, don't you think?"

"Yeah probably, she's a cool girl and has really helped bring Billie Joe out of that deep black hole he was in after Charlie left,"

-
"Alrighttt!," Billie Joe yelled at the crowd as sweat poured off his forehead. "Sing it if ya know it, if ya don't well just go fucking crazy, this one's 'Welcome To Paradise'"

'Dear mother, can you hear me whinin' ?
It's been three whole weeks since I, I have left your home'

Billie Joe watched the crowd go mental as he strummed his guitar and sang his lyrics into the microphone. They were loving it, he even noticed a couple of people singing along. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins as he jumped into the air with his guitar, Mike jumped with him as he played the bass and Tré just played the shit out of his drums making the fans headband like crazy.
Billie's lips were at the microphone again as he sang the next chorus, his eyes were still scanning the crowd until they stopped on someone he seemed to recognize. A woman with long black hair and red streaks, her lips were also painted with dark red lipstick and her eyes were surrounded with black eye-liner, green eyes. He knew who it was by the way she stared right back at him, her striking green eyes that looked slightly scared and lost. Billie was doing well to carry on singing and strumming his guitar as he watched her, the woman that a part of him was still in love with. Charlie.
The song came to an end and the fans roared for more. Billie Joe's heart was beating like a drum as he quickly took off the guitar and grabbed the microphone, his eyes were squinting as he tried to spot her. A second later he saw her attempting to push through the crowd to the door.

"Thanks a lot guys, we're just gonna take a break, back in 10!" He said rush fully as he darted off the stage, mouthing to his surprised band members that 'he'd explain later'.

Billie ran out through the back stage door, running around to the front of the club door in a panic. He wasn't letting her get away this time. He wanted an explanation and he wanted one now. Billie got to the door in time, Charlie pushed opened the door, attempting to walk across the road frantically until she was met by a pair of dark confused green eyes. A tear escaped her own green eyes as she looked at him, not knowing what to say, a lump formed in her throat.

"Don't you think you owe me an explanation?" Billie spoke, breaking the awkward silence between the two ex lovers.

More tears began to fall from her black rimmed eyes as she nodded, keeping her head down, not being able to face looking at him.

"Billie I...," She started softly until the door flew open, a young blonde girl looked at Charlie with concerned eyes as she saw her tears.

"Charlie, what's wrong hun?"

"I'll be fine Jess, this is my friend Billie, you know I told you about him..," She spoke as she looked at her friend, raising her eyebrows.

Charlie's friend's hand flew to her mouth in shock, she'd been told all about Billie Joe Armstrong. Awkwardly, she looked from Charlie to Billie Joe and removed her hand from her mouth, chewed her bottom lip, not really knowing what to say and turned to go back into the club.

"I'll erm, leave you guys to it,"

They both turned to look at each other when they were on their own again. Charlie played with the bottom tips of her hair nervously as they stood there. Billie pulled a packed of cigarettes out of his jeans pocket and offered one to Charlie.

"Want one?"

"Please,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Still need to go through it... :) Hope you enjoy it... xx