Only of You

Chapter 5

Billie Joe Armstrong laid on his bed, topless, arms above his head and a huge grin on his face, his green eyes bright with satisfaction. Charlie had just left his house and she'd left him feeling like he was on cloud 9. Obviously being 17 he'd had sex before, but having sex with Charlie was different. It was exciting, fun, and she knew what she wanted, if she wanted to be in control, she was going to be in fucking control! Thats what he found so interesting and extraordinary about her.

He jumped off his bed, stretching his arms up, he looked around his messy excuse for a bedroom trying to spot his phone. He needed to get in touch with John, they needed to have a band discussion about the tour they'd been offered by Larry, the bands manager. The band had signed with 'Lookout Records' a year earlier in '88 and recorded '1,000 hours' in '89. Mike and Billie Joe were totally up for it, they loved playing live, they just needed to know if John would be up for it too. It took him a good ten minutes but Billie Joe finally found his cell phone underneath a pile of old music magazines. He ran a hand through his messy black hair and dialed Johns number. After a couple of rings, John answered the phone. Billie Joe greeted him with a belch and began to speak.

"Hey, its BJ, just wanted to know if you've made up your mind about the tour yet?"

Billie Joe walked out of his bedroom, holding the phone to his ear, listening to what John was saying. He walked downstairs and into the kitchen, nodding his head at what the drummer was saying.

"Its alright, the tour doesn't start until February next year, the day after my birthday, so you've got time to sort that shit out before we go,"

He grabbed a carton of orange juice out of the fridge, a grin appearing on his face.

"So you'll do it?"

The grin on his face became even wider as he held the phone to his ear. He laughed into the speaker on the phone.

"That's awesome man, yeah its just 8 months, 8 months of music, alcohol, sex and marijuana!"

Billie Joe said goodbye to John, clicking the phone off, he poured himself a glass of orange juice, the smile on his face was as if he'd won a million dollars. He felt as if everything was going to plan in his life. He had Green Day, his band that he loved and would never give up. He had his girl, well sort of had his girl, he was still working on that one.

**

Charlie had her long black hair tied up in a messy bun at the top of her head as she put some new strings on a Standard Gibson Les Paul guitar. She sat on the floor with the guitar between her stretched out legs as she carefully took out the old ones, her eyes concentrating on taking the strings out properly. This was one of the bosses favorite guitars, if she broke this, she'd probably get fired on the spot!

"Charlie?" Her boss Tim called out to her, his head peaking through the door, a bright smile on his face.

She looked up immediately. "Yes?"

"Your little rocker friend is here to see you, Billie Joe isn't it?"

Rolling her eyes, she sighed, a little annoyed. She was getting used to this now, Billie just showing up when he felt like it, mainly to practice new songs and ask her opinion. It was a good job that her boss liked him and liked his music, Tim was pretty cool about Billie Joe coming in to the store to play guitar, he liked his music and thought he was a talented young man. Tim laughed at her reaction, opening the door to let Billie Joe in, with his guitar as usual, slung around his shoulders.

"Hey Charlie, about an hour left of your shift isn't there?"

She smiled up at him, answering him with a nod of the head as he sat down next to her. He whistled eyeing the guitar that was in between her legs.

"Nice, standard Les Paul?"

"Uh huh," She muttered as she put a new string in the guitar, not looking at him.

Billie Joe watched as she carried on with the guitar, not even battering an eye-lid at him. He furrowed his eyebrows wondering what he'd done wrong, had he done something to piss her off? His heart sank a little, he thought he was building a relationship with her, that eventually they were going to be a couple, but it was evident she definitely wasn't interested in a relationship. When she said she only wanted sex, she meant it.

Taking a deep breath, he shook his head. There was no point in getting upset over nothing, she made it clear at the beginning and he just needed to accept that. He placed his guitar in his hands, his fingers situated on the strings, ready to play a new song to her.

"So, I've written a new song for the album thats coming out after the tour,"

Charlie looked up, a smile on her face, she loved it when Billie Joe sang, his voice was sometimes angelic but could also be angsty and full of rage. She loved Green Day's music and she couldn't wait for the album. "Ooh what you called it?"

"Its called 'only of you'," He told her, a deep intense look as he stared into her eyes with his dark green eyes, mentally telling her the song was for her.

Charlie got the message, but she chose to ignore it and looked down at the newly stringed guitar between her legs. Billie Joe took a deep breath, gearing himself up to the sing the song to her. He began to strum his guitar, words pouring out of his mouth as he sang the brand new song.

'I wish I could tell you
But the words would come out wrong
Oh if you only knew
The way I felt for so long
I know that we're worlds apart
But I just don't seem to care
These feelings in my heart
Only with you I want to share

The first time I caught a glimpse of you
Then my thoughts were only of you

I hope that when time goes by
You will think the same about me
Many nights awake I lie
I only wish that you could see
I know that we're only friends
I hope this feeling never ends
If I could only hold you
It's the only thing I want to do.

The first time I caught a glimpse of you
Then my thoughts were only of you'

Billie Joe finished the song and she gave him a small smile, cocking her head to the side as he looked at her expectantly. It was a beautiful love song, that was clearly about her and she just didn't know what to say to him. She didn't want to be his girlfriend and that was it, he needed to accept that.

"Its a beautiful song Billie,"

"Its for you," He admitted to her, running a hand through his black hair, nervously. He hadn't planned on revealing his feelings to her but hey, things don't always go to plan.

Charlie began to feel anger as she stood up with the guitar, she shook her head and looked down at him. She was pretty pissed off, he was making her feel really bad when she'd already told him the score. Why did he have to complicate things?

"I told you Billie Joe, no lovey dovey shit, I told you!" She yelled at him.

Billie Joe stood up, picking his own guitar up and looked up at the ceiling with a sigh. His heart was beating like crazy, he'd taken the plunge to see if he could get past that big black wall to get to her heart and it had back fired on him, big time. He looked at her angry expression, his green eyes looking slightly sad and shrugged as he turned to leave.

"Can't help how I feel Charlie, I'm gonna go now,"