Status: Request One Shots

Why Did You Do It?

1/1

Bliz sat on her bed and wanted for Tate, she agreed to take a break from doing her scholarship essays to hang out with him, he missed school today and seemed a little out of it. He just said he needed to see her and it was urgent. She had agreed to see her best friend of course and was now waiting for him. The door swung open and Tate entered suddenly. He jumped on top of her in a wild hug and she giggled.

“Why weren’t you at school today?” he just shrugged and looked around at her posters.

He was high off of something. He normally snorted his behavioral meds but he smoked pot also. She had popped his pills once or twice too but Tate was starting to need it which scared her.

“You ever feel like we are all just trapped here?” He looked over at her and she cocked a brow.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“What if someone came and saved everyone? Released them? Wouldn’t he be a hero?”

“Tate you’re scaring me,” and he was; he had scared a lot of kids around school but she didn’t scare easy. That’s why she was one of his few friends.

He looked over at her and did something unexpected; he kissed her. She was so shocked but soon she kissed him back. Their bodies suddenly molded together and she was laid down on her black bed sheets. She completely surrendered herself, she knew she wanted this. He caressed her curves before pulling away to take off her top. She snaked her arms around his neck and pulled him closer if possible. He traced her bottom lip and she teased him not letting his tongue enter. He then bites her causing not only a gasp to escape but an entrance.
She awoke on her bed naked; Bliz turned over to put her arm across her best friend only to find Tate missing.

Instead she saw a notebook open on her pillow: I love you, she smiled wide Don’t go to school today . -Tate her smile dropped and she sat up and notice he turned off her alarm.

“Son of a bitch!” she jumped up and threw on a Nirvana shirt Tate gave her one year for her birthday, it was the closest thing she could find. She paired it with some jeans and converse before grabbing her bag and racing out the front door. She ran to school, which was a block away and slowed down when she saw the cops surrounding the place and ambulances all around.

She walked up to an onlooker and asked what had happened.

“Some psycho kid shot up the place,”

“What?” Is Tate okay?

She notices the kids inside of the caution tape barrier and when they notice her they all point. Cops start to look at her and soon she’s being questioned.

“How do you know Tate?
What is he like?
Has he ever displayed violent tendencies?
Does he do drugs?
Does he drink alcohol?
What do you know about his home life?
Did anything happen recently that may have affected him negatively?”


Soon Bliz was told exactly what was going on, Tate had shot up the school; her Tate, her best friend, her first time.
5 Years Later

“Mom I’m going to go walk around for a bit. I haven’t been home in years.”

“Okay honey,”

Bliz was 22 years old now, she avoided home like it was the plague. This is where she grew up, where Tate grew up, where Tate killed those people and ultimately got himself killed. She stayed away because she didn’t like to think about it or him too much. She was only visiting for a month because she had finally finished school and she got a job at a record company in New York. Since she planned on living there she thought it best to tell her mom in person and see her before she goes.

Bliz passed the school and paused, it was deserted due to summer vacation. She turned on the corner and walked two more blocks to his house.

His family wasn’t there anymore. She saw it was also deserted but not temporary like the school.

She walked into the yard and to the front door, it was jammed so she had to push it open to get in. She walked up the familiar stairs to his room. She wasn’t sure what she was going to do; she just wanted some kind of closure. She wanted to know why.

She sat on an old box that had been left, probably by teens who got drunk here. She looked around picturing what it used to look like.

“Bliz?”

She jumped up quickly falling straight on her face. There’s no way!

She turned and saw him; Tate. Screaming she jumped up and ran. There’s no way; she saw him, in the paper, in the casket, in the ground. She rounded the corner and raced down the hall. She took the stairs two at a time, her left foot caught on the old carpet and she threw her arms out but nothing could stop her; she tumbled down the steps bruising her whole body. When it ended she hit the ground with her head and the last thing she felt was pain, the last thing she heard was a loud crack of her skull being split open.
Some time later her eyes reopened; she was in no pain and Tate was over her. She sat up quickly and scooted back hitting her back against the wall.

“This isn’t possible,” she repeated over and over with a shake of the head. “You’re dead!”

“I’m a ghost Bliz,” he answered.

She took a moment before she saw other people emerge.

“They are all dead too,” he answered for them.

“Oh my God… a-am I?”

Tate looked down in sadness before looking up and nodding.
6 months later

Bliz and Tate lounged on his bed laughing and reminiscing old high school stories. It had been 6 amazing months in the house, with each other, dead.

Once they settled down Bliz looked over at Tate and voiced the question she had been wanting to ask for years.

“Tate why did you do it?”