Dirty Little Secret

Dirty Little Secret ~ A Jacob Black Love chp 1

Dee drove down the all too familiar muddy streets of La Push, Washington. Every memory was slowly flooding back, one after the other. She parked her small, royal blue car out front quietly. The silent pur of the engine was cut and she removed the keys from the ignition. She scooped up her backpack-purse and hopped out of the car, huffing a short breath. She looked up at the house where most of her childhood was spent, the home-y and warm house of Billy Black.

Only Embry, her twin brother, knew she was coming back for senior year. She had asked him to keep it quiet, as a surprise, and only to gather everyone to Jacob's house. She hadn't even thought his name, her best friends name. Until now. Her stomach flipped uneasily, thinking of how he would react- the day she said good-bye. It was true, she hadn't forgotten her "Jakey".

She slung the backpack over her shoulder once more and shoved the sunglasses on her head, not messing up her bangs. It was hard to keep them in place as it was. She walked up on the small porch and extended the door, it made no noise. She opened the screen door next and examined the scene around her. There was a large group of people, faces she did and didn't know. To attract attention she slammed the screen door louder, causing every head to turn in her direction quickly.

"Dee!" Embry yelled excitedly and hurried over, placing his now massive arms around her in a bear-hug.

"Missed you too, Embry." She choked out through the loss of air in her gut.

"Dee? As in Denise Joy Call?" Quil asked walking around the couch, examining her face closely.

"The one and only. And you're the same old Quil Aterea." She smirked.

There was a large mass of greetings similar to these and she was introduced to those she didn't know. Those being Leah, Seth, and Sue Clearwater; Emily Young and her fiancee Sam Uley. Paul and Jared gave some more bear-hugs, but backed up with Embry near the door. She looked up in an instant, seeing the face that floated through her childhood- the face that had matured like hers. Jacob Black.

His dark russett skin was now more tan and his long, wavy black hair was cropped short. He wore a loose pair of sweatpants only. It felt like time stopped as they stared at one another. Everything was silent, and Jake was the only one she saw. She felt a rush of happiness and love she'd never felt before. . . only stronger.

Much, much stronger.

"Jakey," She finally grinned and ran at him, leaping in his arms, dropping her back to the floor with a hollow 'thud'. He caught her around her waist and gave her the famous bear-hug that really suited these guys. There were a few sniggers from the other pack members.

"What? Too cool to be called Jakey, now?" She asked leaning back and raising an eyebrow.

"Nah, it's just been years since someone called me that. Good to have you back, Dee." He said with another one-armed hug.

"Why'd you come back anway?" Paul asked bluntly.

"Annoying as always I see."

"Always and more," Jacob commented.

"Well," She said after laughing. "I spent the 7 years in New York and I decided I wanted to spend senior year in La Push at Quillette High with you guys. There wasn't much more the boarding school over there could do for me. Plus, Embry, my inbox couldn't store anymore e-mails."

"Sorry," He mumbled, shrugging his inhumanly sized shoulders.

"Gosh, you guys got so big!" She exclaimed, draping an arm around Jared, who was next to her.

"Woah, are you calling me fat?" He joked.

"No, just freakishly large." She said.

"That's Dee-talk for 'lay off the ice cream'." Quil commented.

"Now we all know I'm addicted to ice cream!" She grinned.

"Then why aren't you growing?" Jacob asked.

"Shut up," She said, shoving him playfully, but he didn't budge. And with the slightest touch, her hand burned up. "Jeez! You're wicked hot!"
"Why thank you." He smirked his infectuous smile.

"No, I meant temperature-wise. But you don't look too bad," She shrugged, and they now smirked at eachother.

"So, where are you staying?" Embry asked curiously.

"Um, I dunno. . . our house?" She said sarcastically. "Unless I've been kicked out already?"
"You're always welcome here," Jacob offered.

"See? Now I feel loved." She said hugging him around the middle.

"I- but- I just- Dee!" He sputtered.

"Embry, I was joking!" She said through giggles.

"Well, mom's redecorated your room and used it for storage. Why don't we have a sleepover here like we used to?"

"That sounds great!" She said enthusiastically.

The pack helped her unload and carry in her many bags, effortlessly. She stowed them in the corner of Jacob's small room and some of the others in the living room. Though his room was small, it was enough to fit a few sleeping bags, atleast when they were ten, anyway.

She was home, back in La Push where she belonged. She was the small-town girl and New York never really suited her. But what she really wanted to know was why each of the guys had become giants, why they were human heaters, and why time just stopped when she and Jacob merely looked at eachother. But like they say, one door closes and another opens . . .
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first part to my Jacob Black Love Story!
I hope you like it :) X