Dirty Little Secret

Dirty Little Secret Chp 4

DEE'S POV

She woke with a start as the first clash of thunder sounded through the small room, the light flashing on the sides of the wood paneled walls. She tucked the blanket around her tighter, and curled in a tight ball, jumping at the sound of each thundering roar. Those were no giants in the sky, they were more like Big Foot stomping around with the giants.

She whispered small reassurances to herself, trying to catch her breath. She pinched her eyes shut, this was her most insecure time- most vulnerable. She was Dee Call, unafraid of everything. . . except thunder. Now that title didn't go. Just then she remembered what used to be the cure, the life-savor throughout this time. Jacob.

She looked around the room, large bodies of the boys were strewn over eachother snoring as loudly as the next. She sat up slowly, quietly- Jacob was lying in his bed, sleeping peacefully. She felt bad to wake him up, but wouldn't it be great to be in his arms? With his scorching hot temperate body, especially considering how cold she was. Without another thought, she crawled onto the bed and tucked herself in the corner against the wall, right in between him and the panels.

"Dee?" He whispered quietly, groggily.

"Yeah." She murmured, ashamed of herself slightly.

"You okay? Is it the thunder?" Nothing about him was, or ever would be, judgemental. It was serious and concerned.

"Mhm, is it alright if I sleep here?" She asked, suddenly unsure.

"'Course, just like old times." He grinned at her before patting the spot beside him.

She scooched over from the crack between the wall and the bed and faced him, snuggling up to his side. It was like that last piece of the puzzle that you find after two years, wedged under the couch behind the dust bunnies. They fit perfectly, still, after all this time.

"Thanks," She whispered quietly, letting her eyes fall closed.

"My pleasure." There was a long pause, and she wasn't sure if he was sleeping or not- but there was no snoring.

"Jakey?"

"Hmm?" He said and he pulled her closer, slinging an arm around her back and rubbing small circles on the thin fabric of her tank-top.

"What are you afraid of?" He took a thoughtful pause.

"Health class." He chuckled softly.

She laughed breathily. "I remember that." And she went into total flashback mode. Her and Jake had to take Health Class one of their last years together. Both of them hated things medical, but him most of all. Everything deseased and bloody freaked him out. She remembered during the Sex Ed. unit, they both hid in the back, behind their math books.

"Yeah, I still have nightmares."

"Really?"
"Yeah." He repeated.

"What are you really afraid of?" She asked after a few seconds.

"I'll tell you someday," He replied shortly.

"I'll hold you to it."

"Sweet dreams, Dee,"

"You too, Jakey," He chuckled once.

JACOB'S POV

His biggest fear. Her becomming a werewolf? No. Her not loving him? No, he'd been through rejection before. Losing her? Yes. That had to be it. If she didn't love him back, which could be possible- imprints did break up, he could live with that. But her not living while he did, that would be unbearable.
Absoloutly.

But of course, he couldn't tell her that. That might scare her off, if only he was like the bloodsucker- reading minds. Like Edward. That would be a given, then he could know how she felt, what she thought. But more importantly, how she felt about him in general. His eyes shot open from the sleep that wouldn't come, she clung tighter to him. He smirked.

Her head was nestled into his ribs, both arms squeezing tight around his stomach, one leg overlapping his. It was like she was just asking for him to crack. Tempting him, and she didn't even know it. How pathetic of him. He pulled her even closer and traced small patterns in her back, slowly, savoring each moment- each touch. He now loved thunderstorms.

"I'm sorry." She muttered, muffled, by his ribs.

"Why are you sorry?"
"I'm so stupid."
"Dee," He said pulling her away from her clutch. "You'll never be stupid, no matter how hard you try. So what, you're afraid of thunder? I'm right here, and I'm not gonna tell anyone. Besides, I still think you could take down Paul with one punch." She cracked a weak smile. "I'll always be here for you, even when you don't want me."
"I knew I should've come back sooner," She mumbled, cursing herself under her breath.

"You leaving was the worst thing, and then some stuff happened, and it got better, and you got back. You should've come back sooner."
"Jake, what kind of stuff?"

"Nothing." He knew perfectly well it was not nothing. He was talking about Bella. And Edward. And the bloodsuckers. And the werewolves. But he wouldn't, couldn't, tell her. He was healed, and nothing would bring that pain back.

"You and I both know it's not nothing." Did it show on his face? Was it written on his forehead? Damn.

"You can see right through me." He muttered.

"You know it." She said, then paused. "Another time?"
"Another time." He agreed greatfully.

"It hurt you. You just got over it." She stated knowingly.

He nodded numbly.

"It's okay." She said and there was a moment of silence, before the loudest
clash echoed through the entire house. She leaped from the bed, scrambled around, and clung to him once more. He enveloped her in his arms once more and tucked her face into his ribcage again.

"Can you sleep?" He asked quietly.

"I'll try. Thanks. . . again." She smiled sheepishly.

"Don't mention it." He grinned back.

They looked into eachothers eyes for a long moment, searching- unsure- longing. . . loving. One of those stares, her eyes moved around a little and she did a once-over of his face, then she leaned up, stretching, and kissed his cheek- letting her lips linger for only a second. Then she pulled back, reluctantly it almost seemed, and he grinned wider.

He touched the spot where she kissed, then happily turned over on his back, pulling her with him. So, maybe there was a chance. Maybe he wouldn't lose her, maybe the imprint was really working both ways. And, dare he say?

Maybe she loved him too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its, been awhile since i updated been really busy.
Anyway here's four :) hope you like xx