Status: Like totally completed dude!

Skip's Story: Yeah! Reading is Cool, Teens! Do It!

Part 5 of the now defunct story collection called The Thought Collective.

Did I get all the clichés? Look. These books that are supposed to entice teens to read just pushes them away from reading. The books of this nature are wide and varied, but all about the same thing. LIFE SUCKS HORMONES SUCK BEING ALIVE IS HARD. The reason these books are wide and varied is so they appeal to every group of teens. Whether they're nerds or jocks, emo or preppy, there's a book for them. There's even ones about racism, which I assure you IS a common everyday thing that is experienced by ALL ethnic groups. It won't stop, because people are assholes. Them's the breaks. I feel as though in some cases the racism is only added in some cases so it appeals to a specific group of teens, therefore purporting racism itself. In other cases, authors are writing their specific experiences with racism and adolescence. I respect their endeavors and my point here is not to belittle their work. My point is there's a trend of faking a story using these guidelines in "teen" books and its pushing teens further from reading. Nobody wants to read the same story hundreds of times. Even Shakespeare was guilty of a "teen" piece: Romeo and Juliet. Same premise. I like the ending better than these modern ones though, simply because it is cause and effect; these new teen books are cause-cause-cause-cause, Oh everything's okay now.

If you are offended by anything I've written I apologise. It isn't supposed to be offensive. It is supposed to show that literature if falling apart.