Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 1

The Human Mind is not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place
Chapter 1 - Dr. Pike
Name - Adrien Pike
Heritage - Father human, Mother half Betaziod, half human telekinetic
Age - 26
Looks - Short brown hair, short in stature, brown eyes (Portrayed by Olivia Thirlby)
History - She is british and has recently moved from London Starfleet to the San Francisco base
after her mother’s sudden death to be with her father at his Starfleet academy. Adrien has telepathic and telekinetic from her mother although they are not as strong as her mothers.
Occupation - Psychologist
Uniform - Blue

“Dad, don’t worry I’ll be fine,” I told my father as we waited to board the shuttle.
“I know, I know I just want to make sure you settle well here, you just went through a traumatizing event and now you are away from London and in some place new,” Pike smiled and ruffled my hair.
“I will be fine I promise, if anything happens I will call you,” I laughed hugging him before I slipped into the shuttle preparing for my first days at the San Francisco Starfleet Academy. I’ve always spent time with my mom at the London one but this was new, new people and new tasks. As I sat down quietly in my seat taking a deep breath I noticed the girl across from me staring at me.

“Hey are you new,” she asks.
“That obvious?” I asked looking at her.
“Not really I’ve just never seen you here before. Transfer student or brand new?,”She commented.
“Transfer, from London, I will be a second year,” I explained as I looked out the door to see my dad talking to a younger man.
“You know Captain Pike?” The girl asked pulling me away from him.
“Yeah you could say that,” I replied as I watched the young man board the ship with a cocky smile.
“At ease, Gentlemen,” he spokes smugly towards two male cadets. “Never did get that first name,” He finished looking at the girl that was asking me questions.
“And you never will,” she grinned back at him.
“That’s okay I’ll get this pretty girls name right here,” he commented looking at me.
“Um I don’t rea-” I started but was cut off by a commotion in the bathroom.

“Are you people deaf? I told you I don’t need a doctor, damnit! I AM A DOCTOR!” A man yelled as he was pushed out of the bathroom. He looked to be about 34 and had a strong southern lick to his words, he also looked in need of a shave and a bath.
“You need to find a seat,” the flight officer ordered.
“I had one, in the bathroom, Darlin’, with no windows” he argued back as I laughed.
“Sir, for your own safety, sit down, or I will MAKE you sit down . . . do you hear me? RIGHT NOW,” she yelled at him.
“I suffer from Aviaphobia, case you don’t understand big words, it means ‘fear of dying in something that flies,’” the man spoke glaring at the flight officer. The southern came and sat on my right while the playboy guy sat on my left.
“I might throw up on you,” the southern spoke as he buckled up.
“You don’t have to worry so much the more you think about the fear the more you actually have it. Fears are a mental illness we create to coup with new things,” I explained as he stared at me.
“What are you a psychologist or something? Don’t pander me, darlin’: one tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds -- solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats -- Hell, some of the damn passengers are blue. And wait’ll you’re sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you’re still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding -- space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence,” he spoke as we all stared at him.
“I am a form of psychologist thank you and you obviously want to get over your “fear” by joining Starfleet because it does operate in space,” I told him putting finger quotes around the word fear.
“Yeah well my ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce, I got nowhere to go but up. Leonard McCoy,” he introduced holding out a hand.
“Adrien Pike,” I smiled giving him my delicate hand.
“Jim Kirk -- you really gonna throw up?” The playboy introduced leaning over to look at Leonard. “Maybe,” He smiled as the shuttle ascended into the air.
“Wait Adrien Pike? Are you Captain Pike’s daughter the one that is part betazoid and a telepath?” The girl asked in shock.
“Yes,” I nodded softly.
“We’ve learned a lot about you in our classes and through Captain Pike, you are one of the best psychologists out there,” the female said as people started staring at me.
“Good to know,” I sighed before leaning back in my seat.

1 year later

“Dr. McCoy please report to Dr. Pike’s office immediately,” the female voice ordered over the intercom. I smiled in satisfaction sitting down in my chair grabbing my notes. I was waiting for Bones when the door to my office slammed open causing me to jump slightly.
“I don’t need a psychologist poking around my brain Adrien,” Bones spoke gruffly as he stood in front of me.
“You have to get over your fear before they let you fly Bones,” I smiled as he sat down. “Can we just do dinner or something and say I was in your office getting help,” he mumbled leaning back.
“I don’t know if I can let that slide Leo,” I smiled as he looked up at me in frustration. “Fine but this is the last time unless you start acting normal on flight tests,” I gave in, “but only if it is your treat.” He smiled as we stood up from our respected chairs.
“You know I hate having a doctor when I’m a doctor,” Bones laughed as I grabbed my coat.
“Yeah but I’m your mental doctor and you are my physical doctor,” I smiled and closed my office door.

“Where is Kirk today?” I asked as we walked through the academy.
“I don’t know probably off screwing around with some girl and not doing his studies like he is supposed to,” Bones spoke his southern drawl heavily on every word.
“When he fails he is gonna come crying to us you know,” I told him as we walked into the restaurant.
“I know he will. We are his only friends after all,” Bones smiled as he got us a seat. “Maybe I could give him some focusing medication to keep him on track but I highly doubt it would work on him,” I contemplated medicines as the waiter arrived.
“You know he might focus more if he got you like he has been begging for,” Bones smiled as he ordered.
“Ew, Leo really I would never have a relationship with someone so immature, besides my dad would probably kill him since he does have a reputation,” I spoke and as if on queue my father walked into the restaurant.
“Captain Pike,” Bones saluted with a nodded.
“Lt. Mccoy,” My father nodded in return. “What are you two doing here?”
“Having some dinner before we go study for those hard exams,” I said smiling up at him.
“Studying huh, don’t turn into Kirk,” My father said before walking away. I blushed lightly returning back to Bones’ and my dinner.
The rest of the evening went by nicely as we ate and returned to my dorm. Leo walked me to my dorm building where we said our goodbyes and split ways. When I got up to my room I noticed a note on the door from my roommate.

Adrien,
I love you but I sorta have company over,
so you have to find another room to stay in tonight
have fun!
-Erin

I groaned as I ripped the sheet of paper off the door. I contemplated rooms to stay in as I walked away from my door, I wouldn’t be able to stay with Uhura because she had recently gained a roommate and their room only fit two so that left me with one other option. I walked over to the boys dorms and up to Kirk and Bones’ room in shame. I knocked lightly on the door as I heard shuffling through the apartment.
“Hold on a sec,” Bones called out as I heard more shuffling and a feint curse word or two as a loud thud rippled to the door. The shuffling got closer to me as the door swung open to reveal a shirtless Leo.
“Oh, um. . . I uh . . .” I stuttered as my face heated up.
“Sorry about the uh no shirt I just got out the shower and wasn’t really expecting anyone,” I mumbled as he scratched his neck and let me in the room.
“I’m sorry my um roommate kicked me out the room for the night and I needed a place to stay,” I mumbled as he left to get a shirt on.
“So you decided to come and stay with us boys,” he laughed as he walked out of the his room in t-shirt.
“Yeah got that roommate so I had to settle with this option,” I smiled following him into the kitchen.
“Oh, I see how it is you had to settle,” He laughed pulling out two cups for us.
“Yeah,” I laughed.
“Would you like anything to drink?” He asked looking inside his fridge.
“What about some hot cocoa and a movie,” I smiled pointing to the hot cocoa packets on top of the fridge.
“Sound like a plan,” he smiled as he started to make the hot cocoa.
“Hey where is Kirk anyway,” I asked looking around the room.
“Your guess is as good as mine darlin’,” Leo spoke as we sat down on the couch.
“Ok so what movie are we going to watch?” I asked sipping on the hot cocoa. I started to cough as the hot drink burned my tongue.
“You idiot it is hot cocoa for a reason,” Bones spoke as he grabbed my drink and placed it to the side.
“Now let me see your tongue,” he ordered holding my chin in his hands. I nodded and poked out my burning tongue whimpering as the cold air hit it.
“It doesn’t look too bad it’ll just hurt for a little while. I’ll get you some ice to suck on and numb your tongue,” Bones said as he stood up and got a cup of ice.
“Now let the cocoa cool off and let’s choose a movie,” he smiled passing me the cup. “Alright so I’m automatically throwing out the romantic stuff,” he said as I laughed lightly. “How about a good action sci-fi,” I spoke as he nodded and turned to the sci-fi movies on the Tv. “Oh, what about that movie Dredd it came out recently and I’ve been wanting to watch that one,” I pointed to the movie as it came across the screen.
“You know the average girl would want to watch some chick flick or comedy,” Leo commented as he started the movie.
“Yeah well Leo you should know by now I’m not average at all,” I laughed as we relaxed on the couch. Not long into the movie I fell into a deep slumber leaning against Leo.
I woke up to the smell of coffee and a bright light seeping through the curtains. I rolled over to look at the clock on my nightstand but there was no clock and it wasn’t my nightstand. I sat up trying to remember what happened last until it hit me, I had stay at Kirk’s and Bone’s. The coffee should’ve gave that away Erin never makes coffee and Bones loves it. I stood up stretching as I walked into the living room.
“Well good morning Ms. Walk Of Shame,” Kirk laughed from his spot on the couch.
“Oh, shut up Mr. Walk Of Shame who actually slept with someone last night and walked back to his dorm,” I rubbed in as Bones laughed from the kitchen.
“Well I should just tell your dad about this little sleep over you and Bones had last night,” Kirk rubbed in more as I threw a pillow at him.
“It’s not like we had sex stupid. I got kicked out of my dorm so I came here where Bones and drank cocoa and watched a movie I must have fell asleep in the middle of it,” I said sticking out my tongue.
“Now children let’s eat breakfast and get ready for class,” Bones laughed as he brought us breakfast.