Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 13

Sorry for the wait but after this chapter we will be in the second movie!

The Human Mind is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 13

12 months later (1 and 6 months in London)

I have been stuck here in London for over a year now, my mind has slowly crumbled as the days passed. I miss my friends and most of all Bones. I wasn’t allowed to see him for the holidays and I have to hide our phone calls. At this point I have learned everything I can about Khan, all I want is to go home. Khan has come to trust me fully and he feels that I am the only eligible person to produce a perfect child.

“Dr. Pike, I believe you should go back home I have no use of you anymore,” I heard Khan’s deep voice pul me out of my thoughts.

“Why?” I asked shocked by his sudden change in feelings.

“I have no use for you as I stated before. I don’t want you here anymore,” he stated simply.

“John you can’t lie to me,” I told him trying to push past his barriers.

“It is not a lie doctor. Your time here is up, I want you to leave. You will be much happier back with your friends,” Khan explained his eyes flashing sorrow. I slowly reached my fingers up towards his forehead trying to read him but his strong grip stopped me.

“Don’t Adrien, just leave!” Khan demanded as I froze in place waiting contemplating words but I turned and left. I walked to Admiral Marcus’s office walking in without even knocking. When I walked in
I interrupted Admiral Marcus and his daughter, Carol Marcus.

“Dr. Pike, knocking would be nice,” Marcus said sternly.

“Sorry Admiral but John Harrison has asked me to leave London and go hame,” I stated smiling lightly at Carol.

“Really? That is surprising you have really caught his stone cold heart,” Carol spoke smiling brightly.

“He isn’t a simple man but he knows what he wants. I want all your repo-” Marcus stated but was cut off by my techpad being placed on his desk, the pad holding everything I knew about Khan. “Well Dr. Pike pack your bags, you’re going home,” Marcus said as he grabbed the pad off his desk. I nodded quickly leaving to pack my belongings. I left my returning a secret hoping to surprise Leo. I grabbed everything catching a ride to the docks where I boarded my ship back to San Francisco.

When I arrived it was 11 pm and Bones would be back in his room. The thought of Leo quickened my pace as I sprinted to our apartment. I stood in front of the door afraid to knock or unlock it. I was afraid he didn’t want me anymore that maybe a year and 6 months was just too long. I lifted my shaking fist to knock on the door. I heard a shuffle from inside the Leo’s southern drawl, “Kirk how many times do I have to tell you I don’t want to go ou-.” Leo froze when he opened the door, he stared at me as if I wasn’t really there.

“I missed you Bones,” I said smiling as he pulled me into a hug holding me tightly against his body. I breathed in his scent which calmed me.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming home,” Leo breathed into my hair.

“I wanted to surprise you,” I mumbled into his chest. Leo broke the hug only to pull me into a long awaited heated kiss. His rough lips drugged my instantly pulling me closer into him. Leo pulled my legs around his waste leaning me against the door as he moved his lips down my neck. I moaned and pulled his head back.

“Let’s finish this in the bed,” I whispered seductively as he shut the door carrying me into the bedroom.

I woke up to the alarm clock, I rolled over to shut it off only to make contact with a warm chest making the person groan. I opened my eyes to see Leo reach and turn off the alarm clock. “If you want the alarm off say so don’t hit me,” Leo laughed and kissed my forehead.

“I missed you Leo,” I sighed kissing his lips passionately.

“Hey now don’t start something we can’t finish, you have people to visit and I have work, Darlin’.” I pouted lightly before I pulled Leo back towards me.

3 months later

It has been three months since I have come home, everything has returned to normal and we
were currently preparing for a mission to assess a planet and it’s seismic activity. It was time for our check ups to be able to board the ship. I have been worried lately because of my stomach and how it has been upset lately. Uhura said it was probably just the food I was eating but it still worries me.

“Alright Dr. Pike you’re up,” Leo smiled as I moved in place for him to run the scans over me. It was quiet as the machines beeped softly until a loud beep was made causing Leo to look up from his paper and go the the screen. “That’s not possible,” Leo mumbled turning towards me holding a scanner over my belly checking my health. “Adrien, you’re pregnant,” Bones voice shook as he spoke each word. I froze for a second before running to the trashcan throwing up my breakfast.

“I. . . I had thoughts but I didn’t want to get the checkup. . . don’t be mad Leo,” I said through pants.

“Why would I be mad Darlin’? That is a wonderful thing I mean I would rather our child not be raised at a Starfleet Academy but we’re having a baby. I would have rather of gotten married first but still a baby, Adrien,” Leo said as he kneeled next to me wrapping his arms around my small frame.

“I love you Leo,” I sighed kissing him on the lips. “Wait, am I still clear for the mission?” I asked breaking the kiss.

“Yes Darlin’ you are cleared just no fights or extensive use of powers,” he said smiling as he kissed my forehead.