Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 15

The Human Mind is Not a Terrible Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 15

We were back at the San Francisco Headquarters relaxing after we managed to save the planet and nearly kill Spock in the process. Kirk, Spock and I were all called down to Commander Pike’s office. “Spock, Adrien, I’m telling you this is why he called. I can feel it,” Kirk spoke proudly as we walked towards Commander Pike’s office.

“Your feeling’s aside, I consider it highly unlikely that we will be selected for the new program,” Spoke replied looking over at Kirk.

“Why else would Pike want to see us? Forget about seniority. They gave us the newest ship in the Fleet. I mean who else are they gonna send out?” Kirk asked as I rolled my eyes.

“I can think of numerous possibilities,” Spock stated simply.

“Maybe he found out that the ship was seen and he is firing all of us, I’m with Spock on this I don’t think we are getting chosen for that program,” I sighed looking over the digital newspaper that was on my watch.

“A five year mission guys! That’s deep Space! That’s uncharted territory! Think how incredible that will be. Hey, ladies. Jim Kirk,” Kirk ranted before being distracted by two women. I rolled my eyes as we headed inside the building.
We walked into the office and my father immediately spoke before the door could even shut,

“Uneventful.”

“Admiral?” Kirk asked as I shook my head.

“It’s the way you described the survey of Nibiru in your captain’s log,” my father explained throwing the papers to the side.

“Uh, yes, sir I didn’t want to waste your time going over the details,” Kirk explained.

“Yeah tell me more about the volcano. Data says it was highly volatile and if it were to erupt it would wipe out the planet,” Pike said looking between Kirk and me.

“Let’s hope it doesn’t sir,” Kirk replied.

“Something tells me it won’t,” Pike said looking at Spock.

“Uh well sir volatile is all relative, maybe our data was off,” Kirk said as Spock looked over at us.

“Or maybe it didn’t erupt because Mr. Spock detonated the cold fusion device inside of it after a civilization that has barely invented the wheel happened to see a Starship rising out of their ocean. That is pretty much how you described it, is it not?” Pike said before questioning Spock. Kirk and I turned to Spock anger showing across our faces.

“Admiral-,” Spock started but Kirk cut him off.

“You filed a report? Why didn’t you tell me?” Kirk asked hurt spreading through his body.

“I incorrectly assumed you would be truthful in your captain’s logs,” Spock replied turning to us.

“Yeah, I would have been if we didn’t have to save your life,” Kirk explained.

“A fact for which I and immeasurably grateful and the very reason I felt it necessary to take responsibility for the actions,” Spock explained but Kirk cut him off.

“Take responsibility yeah,” Kirk scoffed, “That’d be so noble, pointy, if you weren’t also throwing us under the bus,” Kirk sighed looking at me.

“Pointy, is that a derogatory reference?” Spock asked looking between Kirk and I.

“Gentlemen,” My father said standing up from his seat, “Starfleet’s mandate is to explore and observe not to interfere,” He finished walking around on his cane.

“Father if there would have been any other way we would have taken it, but it was our only plan and we had to do it or that civilization would have been wipe off the solar system. If the original plan would have worked they would have never of noticed us,” I explained looking at him.

“That’s a technicality,” Pike shot back.

“I was taught to embrace technicalities sir,” I said not breaking eye contact.

“Don’t give me the attitude Adrien,” My father scolded.

“It is my job to express feelings, how else would everyone know to express theirs,” I said looking at him with fire in my eyes.

“You’re dismissed, and you also Commander,” was all he said back. Spock and I looked between each other before turning and walking out my father’s office.
I sighed before walking back to my office and sitting down in my chair. “How did it go?” A deep voice asked startling me out of my thoughts.

“Leo, I didn't see you there,” I said looking over at him as he sat on the couch in my office.

“I’m guessing it didn't go so well,” He said as I moved to the couch next to him.

“Marcus took the Enterprise away from Kirk, but that’s all I know right now,” I said looking up at him.

“Well he did lie on his Captain’s log but still we can all be sent to different places also,” Leo spoke
kissing my forehead.

“Let’s just sit here and not think about it, and I’m starving,” I smiled t him.

“Well if you are starving let’s not sit here let’s go out and get you something to fill both your bellies,” Leo said has he leaned down and kissed my stomach making my smile wider.

“Only if you are paying,” I joked as Leo helped me stand up. I am only four months pregnant but the extra weight is already affecting me and Leo does everything he can to help.

“You have another check up tomorrow it’s the follow up after the mission, so don’t be late I don’t want to have to hunt you down again,” Leo said as he wrapped his arm around my waist leading me towards a restaurant.

“Don’t worry, I have no reason to be late,” I smiled looking up at him. As we reached the restaurant my phone started to beep. I flipped it open seeing the message for an emergency session. “We’re going to have to cancel the dinner, Emergency session Daystorm,” I said showing Leo the message.

“Just hurry back from it you need to eat something,” Leo said before I kissed his lips and headed off to the session.