Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 3

Sorry for the wait it was crazy, crazy. There isn’t a lot of Adrien in this but she’ll be coming out a lot more with her personality and her awesome mind.
The Human Mind is Not a Terribly Logical of Consistent Place
Chapter 3

McCoy, Kirk and I walked to the shuttles where we waited for our assigned ships.
Male barracks leader, “Blake! U.S.S. Newton! Counter! U.S.S. Odyssey! Fugeman: Regula One! Gerace! U.S.S. Farragut! McGrath! U.S.S. Wolcott! McCoy! U.S.S. Enterprise! Welcome to Starfleet and Godspeed!”
Female barracks officer, “Jaxa! The U.S.S. Endeavor! T'nag! The U.S.S. Antares! Pomoroy! The U.S.S. Oddyssey! Leifer! U.S.S. Newton! Uhura! The U.S.S. Farragut! Pike! U.S.S Enterprise!” As all of us move off I notice Kirk left with no place to go. Leo and I walk over to him saddened.

“... Jim, the Board’ll rule in your favor. Most likely,” Bones spoke, “Look, Jim -- we gotta go --” Bones finished sadly.

“... yeah-- yeah, you guys go... I’m good,” Kirk spoke his sadness hitting me like a rock. Kirk forced a half-smile tearing my heart even more. McCoy pulls me away but as we are walking he suddenly stops turning around to Kirk as I noticed a severely pissed off Uhura moving towards Spock.

“Come with us --” McCoy ordered grabbing Kirk.

“-- what’re you doing --?” Kirk asked being drug along.

We walk into a medical bay hanger as McCoy quickly rummages through cabinets, finding a hypospray syringe and prepping it.

“What are you doing?” Kirk asked watching him closely.

“Doing you a favor. I couldn’t just leave you there, looking all pitiful-- roll up your sleeve, I’m gonna give you a vaccine against viral infection from Melvaran mud fleas,” McCoy explained.

“You do know we can get in a lot of trouble for this right?” I spoke as he injected him.

“Nah we will be fine darlin,” Leo smiled at me injecting Kirk with the hypospray.

“Ow-- what for? I don’t understand,” Kirk asked holding the injection site in pain.

“To give you symptoms. You’re gonna start to lose vision in your left eye” Leo explained looking at Kirk.

“Yeah, I already have,” Kirk said as he tried stand but he wobbled.

“Don’t stand up yet,” Leo ordered.

“What’s you do to me?” Kirk asked in pain as I snickered in the corner.

“You’re gonna get a really bad headache. And flopsweat,” Leo told him as we helped him stand.

“This is a favor?!” Kirk asked as we started ushering him out of the room.

“You’re welcome,” Leo smiled back at him.

We walked over to the Enterprise helping Kirk when the Scanning Officer stopped us, “Kirk, James T. he’s not cleared for duty aboard the Enterprise --” The officer started but Leo stopped him.

“But I am, and Medical Code states the treatment and transport of a patient’s to be determined at the discretion of his attending physician, which is me. You can see he’s suffering, he needs me as his doctor, so since I’m assigned to this ship, so’s he, or would you like to explain to her father why the Enterprise warped into crisis without two of it’s medical officers?” Leo sternly said as he gestured towards me.

“... as you were,” the officer said letting us through.

“As you were,” Leo replied helping me pull Kirk through the ship.

We walked onto the shuttle sitting Kirk down as the shuttle departed from starfleet. We sat down next to Kirk who was sweating and in agony. “I might throw up on you,” Kirk spoke looking over at us as I laughed slightly.

I looked over out the window, “You guys should look at this,” I spoke looking back at them. They looked over at the window in pure amazement and we passed through the stratosphere.

We quickly enter the Shuttle Bay walkway once the shuttle landed on the docking station. Kirk moved quickly through the people as he sweated profusely. “Bones, thanks for getting me on board. But I don’t feel right. I feel like I’m leaking,” Kirk spoke as we kept walking.

“Oh look, that pointy eared bastard,” Bones commented as we looked to see Spock move towards us. Kirk quickly moves us out of the way as Spock passes us and we go unnoticed. After Spock is gone we enter the turbolift ascending to our destination. We walk Kirk over to medical as the Enterprise moves away from the dock.

“Oh, this wasn’t worth it. I wish I didn’t know either of you-- I’m itching in my mouth, this is horrible,” Kirk whined in agony as we smiled in amusement.

“Here’s a short-lasting sedative -- those symptoms won’t last long, don’t be an infant,” Leo spoke giving him the sedative.

As I sat watching Bones tend to Kirk an ensign popped up on screen , “Your attention, plees: At twenty-two hundred hours telemetry detected an anomaly in the Neutral Zone. What appeared to be a lightning storm in space. Soon after, Starfleet received a distress signal from the Vulcan High Council that their planet was experiencing seismic activity. We then lost contact with Vulcan entirely. Our mission is to assess the condition of Vulcan and in evacuation, if necessary. We should be arriving at Vulcan within two minutes. Thank you for your time,” the Russian kid finished speaking and the screens cut off.

Kirk suddenly sat up, through the pain and sedative, he tried to get off the bed and to his feet but Leo and I quickly stopped him.

“Jim, I told you stay d-- good God!” Leo started but noticed how his hands were swollen twice their size.

“What’s this?!” Kirk yelled holding out his hands. I couldn’t help but laugh as he freaked out.

“I don’t know. -- a reaction to the vaccine -- dammit,” Leo said as he started to grab tools. Kirk
rushed to the video monitor where the russian kid was seen, using his huge hands he rewound the video playing it again, “-- telemetry detected an anomaly in the Neutral Zone. What appears to be a lightning storm in space,” the video repeated as Leo scanned Kirk with a handheld diagnoser. Kirk froze the video his eyes widened and looked at us.

“Bones, Adrien, we have to stop the ship,” Kirk spoke sternly.

“You’re not allergic to Cardassin vole dander, are you?” Bones asked looking at him worriedly.

“What? How the hell would I know? Uhura on board?” Kirk asked looking at me.

“Yes she is but only because she got her ship changed,” I told Kirk as Leo freaked out on the side of us.

“You need an antidote, Jim , or you’re gonna die,” Leo spoke looking at directly at him.

Jim ran down the corridor as we followed after him Bones trying to give him medication. “Jim, I’m not kidding, you gotta keep your heart rate down,” Leo yelled pacing behind him.

“Like he will listen to you Leo, he never does,” I commented following them.

“Computer, locate crew member Uhura,” Kirk ordered into one of the computers as bones scanned him even more.

“I haven’t seen a reaction this severe since med school,” Leo spoke looking in my direction as I
nodded. The computer located Uhura and spoke, “Lieutenant Uhura is at signals monitoring station twelve deck four.”

“We’re flying into a trap,” Kirk spoke before running off, Leo and I followed after him carrying his medical supplies.

“Kirk I think I’m going to have to start running some tests on your brain as well if you keep talking crazy!” I yelled after him helping Leo with his medical supplies.

We entered the signals station and stopped behind Kirk who stopped looking for Uhura. “Come here Jim, don’t move,” Leo said as he injected him with another medicine.

“Ow, stop it!” Kirk yelled then ran into an open area with dozens of workstations where the crew members were collecting data. Kirk quickly spotted Uhura and ran over to her.

“That transmission from the Klingon prison planet, what exactly did you hear,” Kirk asked her in a hurry.

“What are you doing here -- what happened to your hands?!” Uhura asked as she looked over his huge hands causing Kirk to hide his hands behind his back, as his words become muffled and slurred.

“Who was it who escaped? What was the ship that was stolen--?!” Kirk yelled before turning to Leo, “What’s happening to my mouth?”

“You’ve got numb tongue,” Leo said looking over him.

“Numb tongue?” Kirk asked barely able to make out the words.

“That’s not good. I can fix that,” Bones said looking through his medical bed. Kirk grabbed a pen and paper and with his huge hand wrote, “The ship, was it Romulan!?” Uhura looked at him somehow scared as Bones injected Kirk again.

“Ow, Dammit!! Son of a bitch!!” Kirk yelled at Bones as I watched the emotions over Uhura’s face.

Kirk ran to the bridge as we hurried to keep up with him, the bridge door whooshed open as Kirk ran in followed by Uhura, Leo, and I. “Captain Pike, Sir, we have to stop ship!” Kirk yelled to my father who snapped in our direction.

“Mr. Kirk! How the hell did you get on board the Enterprise?!” My father yelled.

“This man is under the influence of a severe reaction to a vaccine. He is delusional and I take full responsibility for --,” Leo tried explaining but I cut him off.

“Father listen to him please. Kirk may not be the best person but I know it is the truth he speaks on this occasion,” I tell him holding my father’s strong gaze.

“Vulcan isn’t experiencing a natural disaster, it’s being attacked, by Romulans,” Kirk silently thanked my as he gave his clause.

“Cadet Kirk, I think you’ve had enough attention for one day, Dr, McCoy, return to medical, we’ll have words later. Dr. Pike stay her we’re having words now,” Pike spoke sternly looking at all of us.

“Yessir,” Leo and I said at the same time.

“As you know, Mr.Kirk is not cleared to be aboard this vessel. By starfleet regulations, that makes him a stowaway . . .” Spock spoke as we started to leave.

“He isn’t a stowaway Spock, he is under Dr. McCoy’s and my care,” I spoke putting emphasis on Spock’s name.

“Yeah, I get it, you’re a great arguer, I’d love to do it again with you, too,” Kirk said sarcastically.

“I can remove the cadet from the bridge, sir,” Spock spoke to Pike as I stepped towards Kirk.

“Try it! This cadet is trying to save the bridge!” Kirk yelled before I could intervene

“By recommending a full stop in trans-warp in the midst of a rescue mission?” Spock questioned.

“It’s not a rescue mission-- listen to me! It’s an attack.” Kirk pleaded.

“Based on what facts?” Spock mocked making me growl.

“Fact: the same anomaly -- a lightning storm in space -- that we saw today also occurred on the day of my birth, before a Romulan ship attacked the U.S.S. Kelvin,” Kirk said before turning to Pike, “You know that, I read your dissertation. Which was good,” Kirk finished. “Fact: This ship -- which had formidable and advanced weaponry -- was never seen or heard from again -- fact: the Kelvin attack took place on the edge of Klingon space and at 11-hundred hours last night there was an escape from Klingon prison planet -- Rura Penthe -- fact: the escaped prisoners were Romulans, Sir, and it was reported that they stole a ship from the prison dock,” Kirk finished sternly.

“And you know of this prison escape how?” My father asked as Kirk pointed to Uhura.

“Sir, I-- I intercepted and translated the message myself. Kirk’s report is accurate,” Uhura stuttered.

“We’re warping into a trap-- there are Romulans waiting for us, I promise you that. If we do this you risk the life of your daughter who trusts me and believes that what I’m saying is true,” Kirk fought as my dad looked over my worried face.

“The cadet’s logic is sound. And lieutenant Uhura is unmatched in xenolinguistics, we woulds be wise to accept her conclusion,” Spock spoke as Pike turned to him.

“Scan Vulcan space, check if any transmissions are being made in Romulan,” Pike ordered the communications officer.

“Sir, I’m-- not sure I could distinguish the Romulan language from Vulcan,” the officer confessed.

“How about you-- you speak Romulan, Cadet...?” Pike asked Uhura who froze in shock.

“Uhura, Sir. All three dialects,” Uhura stuttered out.

“Uhura relive the lieutenant-- Mr. Hannity, hail U.S.S. Truman,” Pike ordered as we watched closely.

“The other ships are out of warp and have arrived at Vulcan, Sir-- but we seem to have lost all contact--,” Hannity spoke looking at Pike.

“Captain, I pick up no Romulan transmissions-- or transmissions of any kind in the area. There seems to be something jamming all communication around Vulcan,” Uhura spoke up.

“It’s because they’re being attacked. Captain. Please,” Kirk pleaded again.

“Dad, if you do this you risk everyones lives! Are you not listening to use we are pleading for you to stop this, we will all die like the U.S.S. Kelvin!” I yelled slamming my hand down on his chair. “My emotions may not be controlled right now but you are literally putting us on a suicide mission! I need you to listen to Kirk this is no lie, this is the truth I’m telling you. It is my job to know truth from lie and I do,” I pleaded as everyone went quiet staring at us.

“Shields up. Ready all weapons,” Pike ordered not breaking my eye contact.

“Arrival at Vulcan in five seconds! Four... three... two--” Sulu started the count down as I was holding my breath.