Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 6

The Human Mind is Not a Terrible Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 6

Leo and I walked slowly back to medical. Leo leading me to a chair so he could scan me again. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle your telekinesis and telepathy if it causes you pain ever time you use it Darlin,” Bones smiled cleaning my face.

“Trust me I’ve dealt with it my whole life. The only reason why I’m weak and can’t hold it as long or lift heavy things is because I have my fathers human genes. My mother was very strong and powerful. She could move an entire ship from Vulcan to Earth without a break. My mother was a great person and the only person that could help me control my powers, but since her passing it have been harder and harder to get a hold of them,” I said as he injected me with a hypospray.

“How did your mother die?” Leo asked sitting in a chair next to me.

“Klingons,” it was all I had to say for him to understand.

“I’m sorry,” he said softly kissing my forehead.

“Don’t be she died a hero,” I smiled. “What about you?” I asked looking over at him.

“What about me?” Leo asked smirking.

“How did you and your wife separate?” I asked cautiously.

“Long story short, she was a bitch and left me then took everything I had in our divorce,” Leo sighed as I nodded.

“Some women are rude,” I laughed as he nodded.

“Yeah but I’m glad we separated, I’ve started doing things I’ve never done before, things I never dreamed of doing. I mean I’m a doctor for Starfleet for christ’s sake and I met you and Kirk,” He smiled softly.

“What about me is so special to be listed in your great achievements?” I asked smirking as he blushed lightly.

“Well, you aren’t normal that’s for sure. You are just breath taking and memorable,” Leo spoke as he started cleaning some equipment.

“Memorable?” I questioned.

“Yeah, you are one unforgettable woman. If you had a southern accent you would be the perfect southern belle with every cowboy in town chasing after you, but that little british accent gets me every time,” he laughed as I smiled.

“Well us british people have great personalities,” I laughed and walked closer to him.

“Yeah those southern women have some bite to their sweet,” Leo smiled as I walked past him towards my office.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going darlin?” Leo said following after me.

“My office,” I laughed stepping in it with Leo close behind me. Leo wrapped his arms around me pulling me close s I let out a sigh.

“What’s wrong?” Leo asked pulling away slightly.

“I’m just worried about Kirk, he is our best friend after all,” I smiled looking at him.

“He is one strong stallion, he’ll be fine,” he promised.

“I’m even more worried about what is going to happen to Spock when Kirk returns. I mean he can’t kill him, but if he pushes him just enough Spock will break and release his captain chair himself. If he does not, I can make him release it,” I spoke lightly looking down at my papers.

I walked back around my desk and stood in front of Leo looking over his facial features. “I still miss that rugged looking beard you had when I first met you on that shuttle 3 years ago,” I smiled as he smirked.

“Sadly they made me shave, besides that was when I was still getting over my divorce,” Leo spoke gently.

“Are you glad it ended?” I ask leaning slightly closer to him.

“Yeah, I would have never gotten here never would have met you or Kirk. I mean she wouldn’t even give me a child like I always wanted. She didn’t want it to hinder her figure, she was the most selfish person I had ever met and here you are completely selfless and caring,” Leo spoke softly caressing my cheek.

“I never took you for someone wanting a child Bones,” I smiled calling him by his nickname.

“I’ve just always wanted a family, being a doctor you saw so many families everyday and I just wanted one of my own.”

“Yeah in London there were lots of families around the base a lot more than there is at the San Francisco base I was the only child there when my mother died and I was shipped to my father who I only visited for holidays.”

“That must have been a big change for you,” Leo spoke leading me out of my office.

“It was but I loved my mom and dad equally so it didn’t phase me that much to live with him I just had a hard time accepting my mother’s death. My powers went crazy pretty much destroyed half the base once.” I spoke as we walked out of Medbay and towards the cafeteria.

“How long have they been training you to be a psychologist?” Leo asked from his spot next to me.

“For as long as I can remember, they would put me in rooms opposite of other people and I would have to read their minds without being able to look at them or hear them. It was hard to concentrate as a child but I came a long way,” I smiled as we sat down together.

“Yeah I guess you did,” he laughed lightly placing his hand over mine. “You know I’ve known you for three years now and those have probably the best three years of my life. Spending it with you and Kirk training for Starfleet. My life has turned out pretty great so far,” Leo smiled that crooked southern smile.

“While only so far? What do you have left in you life to complete?” I asked leaning forward slightly.

“I still want a family. Even though my first try at it ended in disaster, I want a wife and children,” he spoke softly as I looked directly at him a blush brushing over my soft cheeks. “Have you ever wanted a family?” Leo asked as the people moved around us.

“I used to think about it a lot as a child but as I got older and boyfriends failed I gave up on the thought of family. People were afraid of my power, they thought I was reckless and they would leave me. Why have a child when I am dangerous to the people around me?” I spoke softly looking at my hands.

“You aren’t dangerous and I know that for a fact Darlin. You are a sweet person and you do whatever you can to help those around you. You keep people alive and put people away for the sake of others,” Leo smiled.

“Maybe I’ll start a real family one day. When all the crazy calms down,” I laughed my accent think in my words. “Who knows maybe I’m destined to be a woman with only cats or tribbles.”

“What about me?” Leo asked stopping me in my tracks. My heart fluttered as I looked over at him. He really thought of me that way, us being together and having children.

“What about you?” I stuttered out still shocked at his words.

“I me- ugh, what if after all this is over, what if, we stay together and work as a couple instead of friends?” Leo stumbled over his words blushing.

“I um- I-” I started but a voice boomed over the coms.

“Intrusion on the ship report to your stations, Dr. Pike report to the bridge immediately.” The interruption cause our conversation to be cut short as we looked at each other and headed off towards the bridge.