Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 8

Author's note - Don't worry lovelies there will be much Bones/Adrien in the next chapters and then bam the second movie!! Can't believe the first is almost over!!

The Human Mind is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 8

We walked down to the Transporter Room preparing to board the other ship. Sulu and Chekov took over the bridge driving the ship to it’s destination.

“Ready the transport,” Kirk ordered as we walked through the door.

“Yes Captain,” the officer saluted as Leo and Uhura followed in the room behind us. I stopped and turned to Leo who looked down at me sadly.

“Don’t worry Leo I’ll be fine and I have these two do-do brains to protect me,” I smiled up at him.

“I know, but I will still be worried. Just hurry back to the ship for me okay,” he said as he pushed the hair out of my face.

“I will I promise and with my father,” I nodded.

“Quit being all lovey dovey over there it’s gross,” Kirk complained. Leo and I smiled before he leaned down and kissed me. Giving me that mind blowing “I may never see you again” kiss. When we broke apart he pressed his forehead against mind and then moved his lips to kiss my forehead before releasing me so I could finish preparing.

“Transporter Room. We’re in stable geosynchronous orbit behind the Narada,” Sulu said over the communications system.

“No sign they’ve detected us,” Chekov commented. We readied ourselves for transport strapping on our utility belts ,com-sets, tricorders, and of course our phasers.

“Well done, Mr. Sulu,” Spock said through his communicator.

“Whatever happens Mr. Sulu, if you feel you have tactical advantage fire on that ship. Even if we’re still aboard. It’s an order,” Kirk told Sulu as everyone silently hoped for everyones protection.

“Yessir. Good Luck,” Sulu said before cutting off his comm. Spock turned to Uhura, who hands him a small translator device.

“We’ll be monitoring your frequency,” Uhura explained before Spock kisses Uhura.

“Thank you, Nyota,” Spock thanked Uhura using her first name. They parted and Kirk stood shocked. Uhura walked off leaving us three alone Kirk still looking stunned.

“Her first name is. . .” Kirk said looking at Spock.

“I have no comment on the matter,” Spock said as I stifled a laugh. Kirk was still stunned as Scotty, the unknown man from earlier, moved towards the transported.

“If there’s any common sense to their ship design, I’ll be puttin’ ya in a cargo bay, shouldn’t be a soul in sight,” Scotty said as we stepped on the transporter pad.

“Energize,” Kirk spoke as Scotty hit the transport and we disappeared from the Enterprise. We materialized in the cargo bay to find smack-dab in the middle of six Romulan guards working at cargo consoles. For a split second they’re were all shocked. We immediately started engaging with the Romulan closest to us. Kirk struggles as Spock is a machine his force easily breaking the Romulan. I quickly throw one Romulan into a wall knocking him out as I start fighting against the next where I use my telekinesis to throw him into the Romulan Spock was fighting knocking them both out from the force. Kirk finally finished the Romulan he was fighting to see all the rest already disposed of.

“Mine had a gun,” Kirk said trying to make his fight look harder than ours.

“I am trained in the Vulcan martial art of Suus Mahan, Spock said looking at him.

“I’m telekinetic,” I smiled as Kirk made a face at me. We moved to the last conscious Romulan as he struggles to get up. Spock reached for the fallen Romulan’s temples.

“I am unable to meld with these Romulans there are subtle differences in their physiology I did not anticipate,” Spock said releasing him.

“Well Adrien you give it a try,” Kirk said looking at me.

“I can’t read the mind of a race I don’t fully understand, remember I’m only half Betazoid I’m not that strong,” I explained as he nodded.

“Well Spock punch him in the face make him talk!! Suus Mahna his ass!,” Kirk yelled.

“Suus Mahna is only intended for self defense, he’s no longer a threat,” Spock said looking at the Romulan.

“Then pretend it’s a threat, I’m your captain, that’s an order!” Kirk yelled as Spock punched the Romulan hard, and via Uhura’s comlink translator, speaks Romulan,

“What is your computer access code?” Spock asked but the guard didn’t answer just spit green blood at Spock, who punches him again. “TELL!” punch “ME!” punch “THE!” punch “CODE!” Spock yelled punching the Romulan in-between every word.

Spock typed away at the console, searching, accessing two inter-cam windows: on one was an unknown ship in a lower containment hold, and on the other my father unclear if he was dead or alive but he wasn’t moving.

'”What you refer to as the “red Matter Device” is in the main hanger, and I’ve located Captain Pike,” Spock said looking at Kirk as I stared at the video shaking slightly.

“Is he alive?” Kirk asked moving towards me.

“Unknown,” Spock said with some hesitation.

“Let’s move,” Kirk ordered pulling me away from the screens.

When we get to the main hanger we see my father’s shuttle and the other ship parked among equipment. We stealthily board the unknown ship. Kirk hits a console, and a voice comes to life.

“Voice print and face recognition analysis enabled,” the computer spoke.

“Spock, you’ll be piloting the ship alone.,” Kirk told Spock who looked at him.

“Which may be problematic, as I am unfamiliar with this ship’s design,” Spock explained. A laser grid responds to Spock’s voice, and scans his features for and ID, then it materializes.

“Welcome back, Ambassador Spock,” the computer greeted.

“Wow. That’s weird,” Kirk said awkwardly.

“He looks to Kirk in surprise, Spock’s eyes fix with sudden understanding. Ambassador Spock. . . of course suddenly everything came together at once.

“Wait this is a ship from the future. It’s Spock’s ship!” I said looking at Spock and brushing my hand over the ships parts.

“Computer: what is your manufacturing origin?” Spock asked the ship.

“Stardate 2307, commission by the Vulcan Science Academy,” the computer replies. Spock looks at us upset.

“It appears you’ve been keeping rather important information from me,” Spock said to Kirk.

“Just trust me. Can you do that?” Kirk asked him as Spock weighed the options.

“We’ll get Pike,” Kirk said before we exited the ship. In the Narada we move through various areas of the ship. We moves through the shadows into an airlock shaft and started climbing ladder rungs. We moved through the space and into the torture room where we found my father, close to death. We began unfastening his binds/ My father looks at me through his barely open eyes.

“. . .Adrien?” My father asked then looked over at Kirk, “Kirk?”

“We came back, Dad. Just like you ordered,” I told him smiling. We helped lift him up. As we are helping him up my dad pulls Kirk phaser out and shoots four guards that Kirk and I were oblivious to, but after he blasts all four he slumps over dropping the phaser to the ground.

Kirk, Spock, my father, and I Materialized right as the Narada started to get sucked into the ever-expanding black hole. When we appear on the Enterprise Everyone is standing in the Transporter Room. They were awaiting our safety and were as nervous as ever, but when they looked down at us they all breathed a sigh of relieve.

“Nice timing, Lieutenant,” Kirk said to Scotty.

“Never beamed two targets from two places onto the same pad before! That was pretty good!” Scotty yelled in excitement.

We transferred my father over to Leo who urgently scanned him and barks at the med-tech, “We’re gonna need gastric stimulators, let’s prep him for surgery, now!”

The rest of us run back to the bridge leaving Leo to tend to my father in Medbay. “Keptin! The enemy ship is losing power, it’s shields are down!” Chekov yelled to Kirk.

“Hail them, now!” Kirk yelled. Nero appears on the screen from the bridge of the Narada. The Narada’s on it’s last leg. “This is Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise, your ship is compromised too close to the singularity to survive assistance, which we are willing to provide,” Kirk continued look at the angered Nero.

“Captain what are you doing?” Spock asked Kirk confused.

“We show them compassion, it may be the only way to earn peace with Romulus. It’s logic, Spock! I though you’d like that,” Kirk said looking at Spock.

“No, not really, not this time,” Spock said in anger.

“I would rather suffer the death of Romulus a thousand times than accept assistance from you,” Nero spoke in anger as he looked at all of us standing aboard the bridge.

“You got it. Lock phasers! Fire everything we’ve got!” Kirk ordered. The Enterprise arcs around, firing full out at the Narada. As the hits connect the domino-effect of explosions rippling across the already weakened ship. It starts noes diving toward the black hole.

“Kirk to Engineering: get us out of here, Scotty!” Kirk yelled through his com.

“You bet yer ass, Captain,” Scotty replied.

The Narada implodes, buckling in on itself, disappearing in pieces into the black vortex, leaving only us the Enterprise. As we place the Enterprise in full warp to leave the area the ship doesn’t budge just the nacelles flare. The black hole has now become a titanic whirlpool so insanely strong that we are simply held in place. We shake trying to cut loose but we can’t.

“WHY AREN’T WE IN WARP?!” Kirk yelled out at everyone.

“WE ARE!” Chekov yelled back.

“CAPTAIN, WE’RE TRAPPED IN THE GRAVITY WELL!! IT’S GOT US!” Scotty yelled over the speakers.

“GO TO MAXIMUM WARP! PUSH IT!!!” Kirk ordered

“I’M GIVIN’ HER ALL SHE’S GOT, CAPTAIN!” Scotty yelled over the straining of the ship.

“ALL SHE’S GOT ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH! WHAT ELSE D’YOU GOT?!” Kirk asked as our death got closer.

“IF WE EJECT THE CORE AND DETONATE, THE BLAST COULD BE STRONG ENOUGH TO PUSH US AWAY BUT I CAN’T PROMISE ANYTHING!” Scotty yelled a last desperate thought.

“DO IT DO IT DO IT!!” Kirk ordered as we got even more desperate.

The warp core tube launched from the Enterprise as Scotty hit the button. The warp core tube went straight into the mouth of the black hole. The black hole lights up from horizon to horizon, the blast wave whitening out the space around us consuming us with it pushing us through the explosion and into the stars leaving the death trap behind.