Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 9

Don’t worry this isn’t the end but a beginning to a much more awaited part of the story. Just wait and see how the events go leading up to the next movie.
The Human Mind is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place
Chapter 9
We arrived safely back at the Starfleet Academy. Leo, Spock, and I immediately brought my father off the ship carrying him to Medical Bay. We lay him down on a bed. After he is safely in the bed and Leo starts scanning him and monitoring him Spock leaves thanking me for my help and duty.
“Hey dad,” I smiled as he looked at me. Leo injected him with another medication to make the pain stop.
“Hey baby girl, it’s good to see you,” He smiled weakly.
“”It’s good to see you. I was scared. I felt the pain you felt when I connected with your mind. We had to know what was happening with you and it was so awful,” I said sadly.
“You shouldn’t have done that. With the distance between the ship you could have killed yourself,” my father said full of pained anger.
“She did almost kill herself sir, but not when she connected with you. It was when she pushed all her power to keep herself, Sulu, and Kirk from falling to their death after they stopped the drill on Vulcan,” Leo said as he stood beside me.
“Well aren’t you just a life savior,” my dad smiled. “I’m so proud of you, you are becoming a true Pike risking your life to save everyone around you and that is what you do every time you use those special abilities of yours,” my dad said as he leaned up to kiss my cheek. “And you Mr. McCoy, what is this I hear about a kiss shared between you too?” My dad raised an eyebrow at Leo as I blushed profusely.
“Well sir I’m not going to deny it that I’ve known this beautiful woman for three years now and I’ve been in love with her for just about every second of it,” Leo smiled rubbing my back lightly as my dad smiled even wider.
“Well you better take are of my baby girl she is all I have left,” my dad said pointing his finger at Leo.
“Don’t worry Captain I’m not going anywhere as long as she doesn’t go anywhere,” he laughed lightly as I smiled.

Starfleet Academy Council Chambers

We all stand aligned awaiting the Academy President that stand on the podium before us. “This assembly calls Captain James Tiberius Kirk. . .” the president calls as Kirk breaks formation passing us and ascending the stairs. “Your inspirational valor and supreme dedication to your comrades are in keeping with the highest traditions of service and reflect utmost credit to yourself, your crew, and the Federation. For you. . . unique solution to the Kobayashi Maru, it’s my honor to award you with a commendation for original thinking,” the president said handing Kirk a box which Kirk opened revealing a medal. “By Starfleet Order 28455, you are hereby directed to report to Commanding Officer, USS Enterprise, for duty as his relief,” the president said as Kirk walked to my father now in a wheel chair for his recovery. My father was in an Admiral’s uniform, and he now looked older from the stress of the incident but despite his trauma, his pride was overwhelming. Kirk and my father salute each other in respect.
“I relieve you, sir,” Kirk said his chin held high.
“I am relieved. Congratulations, Captain,” my father smirked, pinning the medal to Kirk’s chest.
“Thank you, Sir,” Kirk said turning to the crowd, eyes shining as we erupted into applause for the man that started with nothing but became a hero.
“Now quiet down, I have one more medal,” the president’s voice bellowed over our cheering. “I now call Adrien Samantha Pike. . .” the president called as everyone turned to me. I walked slowly up the stair confused as to why I was being called out today. “Today we have also called you to show our respects to your bravery and honor. You risked your life four times to save the people of your crew. Not only do you have extraordinary abilities but you have a heart that comes along with it. A heart that lead to the safety of the lives of everyone here today and we thank you with the Starfleet Medal of Valor,” the president said as he handed me a box and giving me a salute which I returned. “Now go see your father so he can put it on you Dr. Pike,” the president smiled as I walked over to my father who had tears welling up in his eyes.
“Oh, dad don’t cry it’s just a silly little medal,” I smiled as he laughed pinning the medal to my chest.
“No sweetie it’s not just a medal, this medal means so much more. It means your mother would be so proud of you,” he told me pulling me into a tight hug as everyone around us cheered wildly for both Kirk and I.
As we all filed out of the room and towards the ship I waited for Kirk and Leo who walked out last.
“So guys are you ready for another adventure,” I smiled squeezing in-between them.
“I don’t know, I’d like to get some more beautiful women on our ship first all the good ones are taken,” Kirk smiled as we walked towards the docking bay.
“Typical Jim always thinking about sex,” I laughed punching his shoulder.
“I feel safer on the ground right now,” Leo sighed looking at us.
“Oh come on Leo a little tussle with the big boys never hurt anyone, I mean look at us all fine and dandy and ready for another go,” I said smiling as we stood in front of the Enterprise.
“Yeah come on Bones, besides you have this sexy woman right her to keep you company,” Kirk smiled as Leo glared at him.
“Don’t call me Bones, and you better remember she is mine. You can’t look or touch,” Leo said as he wrapped his arm around me.
“All bark no bite,” Jim smiled as he boarded the Enterprise.
“I’m going to kill that man,” Leo growled as we walked onto the ship.
“No you wont he is your best friend and he will probably get himself killed before you could kill him,” I smiled leaning up to kiss Leo’s cheek. We rode the turbolift up to the bridge as the crew started readying the ship for our next adventure. Kirk stood proudly in the center sporting his yellow shirt.
“Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, Sir,” Sulu said from his station.
“Weapons system and shields on standby,” Chekov said checking the system.
“Dock control reports ready. Yard command signaling clear,” Uhura said turning towards Kirk.
“Scotty how are we?” Kirk asks through the comm link.
“Dilithium chamber at maximum efficiency, Captain,” Scotty replies through the comm.
“Same ship, different day,” Leo said with a wry grin. Kirk paused looking over to Spock’s empty science console. Kirk’s eyes filled with the sense of incompleteness. that feeling quickly spread to everyone but we all accepted the emptiness.
“Mr. Sulu, prepare to engage thrus--,” Kirk started but the turbolift doors whooshed open revealing Spock in his blue uniform.
“Permission to come aboard, Captain,” Spock said as we all felt relief.
“. . . Permission granted,” Kirk smiled.
“As you have yet to select a first office, respectfully, I would like to submit my candidacy. Should you desire, I can provide character references,” Spock said looking at Kirk. It was as if Spock never changed at all and he was simply the same Spock as before his planet died, but I new better than that there was still pain and anger in there but of all happiness for the safety of Earth and the destruction of the Romulan ship and Nero. Kirk nearly laughed,as Spock raised his eyebrows.
“It would be my honor, Commander. Maneuvering thrusters, Mr. Sulu. Take us out,” Kirk ordered. As the ship maneuvers out of dry dock, Spock takes his place next to Kirk and we all stand awaiting the next great adventure.