Forever

One of One

When Harry left Louis at summer camp he knew it was going to be difficult. He went from spending every day with the boy of his dreams to not seeing him at all and only having his voice to comfort him. Harry hates complaining because he is incredibly thankful that Louis is in his life it’s just that he misses him, he really does. Harry wasn’t even supposed to go to this camp; he grandparents who are against anything he does basically forbid it but somehow Harry raised the money and he paid for himself to go. Harry has never felt happier than he was at camp; simply being away from his controlling grandparents made Harry happy. Add to that, that he met what he calls his soulmate, Louis, Harry felt like he was on top of the world. From the moment Harry saw the older boy he just knew he was going to end up at least being friends with him. As they hung out more and more eventually hanging out every day and night (even switching roommates so they were together), Harry knew he was going to end up liking the boy. By the end of the camp he was this close to telling Louis he was in love with him instead however, he just kissed him.

Three months later, Harry wishes he would have told Louis because Harry needs Louis more than ever right now and all he wants to say is ‘I love you come rescue me, take me away’. Instead he says ‘I miss you so much, tell me about your day’. It’s not the same, he knows but he its all he has; talking to Louis is the only thing that keeps him going. His home life has never been perfect, far from it really but it’s gotten worse over the last couple of years especially when he got back from camp. Nothing he ever does is good enough and nothing he can do will fix the situation. His dad will still be a jackass to him because he finally came out to him and his grandparents will still hold everything over his head. He’s just, he’s over it all and he doesn’t know if he can last much longer if he’s honest with himself. He’s always struggled with depression but being far from his love and having to deal with the verbal abuse from his dad and pressure from his grandparents, he feels like he’s spilling over the edge.

It’s a new day but Harry is going through the same shit he’s always been through it. Today however seems to be the last straw. Although he hates being with his dad and he hates the abuse, it’s a little better than being with his grandparents. So he had his dad pick him up and it was awful from the moment he was picked up; his dad was being rude and inconsiderate and started complaining that Harry still doesn’t have a car. To which Harry kindly responded that he didn’t have a car because his dad wouldn’t help him which was true but his dad pretended that that was completely false and started yelling at Harry for his attitude. Two days of going through pretty much straight hell Harry realized he didn’t have his work uniform so of course Harry’s dad felt like he had to yell at Harry for his honest mistake. His dad ended up leaving and made his girlfriend take Harry back to his grandparents. The second Harry was through the doors of his home his grandparents (more specifically his grandmother since his grandfather always just yells at both of them) started yelling at him. He’s still not entirely sure what about because she was just yelling and yelling and yelling and he wanted to cry and he wanted to die and none of this is fair or right and it’s awful and he’s done, he’s done.

Harry finally escaped from his grandmothers wrath he went straight to his room and packed a bag as quickly as he could. He knew he didn’t have everything he needed but where he was going, or rather, where he hoped he was going would have everything else he needed. He grabbed his bag and phone and walked back out the door ignoring his grandmother’s protests and kept walking. Once he was far enough down the block he finally called Louis.

“Babe! How are you?”

“Louis?” Harry asked trying not to cry but ultimately failing.

“Baby? What’s wrong?”

“I can’t do it anymore, Louis please-I just…I need to leave. I can’t do it. I tried Louis, I tried so hard for you but I can’t, I need to leave.”

“Get on a train and come to me baby. I’ll pick you up.”

“Okay, I’ll text you when I know when my train is supposed to arrive.”

“Okay thank you, I’ll see you soon.”

“I’ll see you soon, love. Keep your head up.”

Once Harry was off the phone with Louis he walked to the nearest train station and got his tickets to head to Doncaster. On the two hour ride Harry listened to music, mostly a mix cd Louis made for him and texted Louis the whole time letting him know how he’s doing. Harry’s actually surprising himself with how well he’s kept it together. Usually by now he’s sobbing into his pillow or maybe even harming himself in the shower. So far however he hasn’t even looked in a razor blades direction nor has he let out a single tear. He didn’t fully understand why this was different, it just felt different. Maybe it was because he was in fight or flight mode and he couldn’t process anything. Or maybe it’s because he finally gets to see Louis after three months of being apart.

Finally after two hours the train finally arrived and Harry was anxious to be back in Louis’ arms. He practically ran through the station and once he saw Louis, straight into his arms. They molded into each other perfectly and held on to each other like their lives depended on it. Having Louis finally in his arms, Harry finally lost it. He broke down in sobs and held onto Louis even tighter trying to get as close as he possibly can.

“Come on baby boy, let’s get you home.”

Louis kept his arm tightly around Harry and led him through the car park and to his beat up car. Harry’s tears didn’t stop but they did slow down with Louis’ firm hand on Harry’s thigh as they drove to Louis’ flat. Once they arrived Louis grabbed Harry’s small bag of things and met Harry around the car and held his hand tightly as he led him up to his flat. Louis tossed Harry’s bag to the side and quite literally dragged Harry to his bedroom. They both took off their shoes and climbed into Louis’ bed, folding into each other like they did every night at camp. Harry started crying and Louis just let him and held him through it. Eventually Harry’s crying turned into hiccups and his eyes were red and his face tear stained.

“I missed you so much.” Harry whispered.

“I missed you too baby, so much.” Louis said kissing Harry’s forehead.

“It’s been so hard,” Harry said shaking his head. “I can’t do this without you.”

“I know baby, I know. You don’t have to, I’m here. I’m right here.”

“Please don’t make me go back.”

“Baby boy, you just got here.”

“I know.” Harry replied beginning to cry again. “I know but I can’t go back, it’s so awful and I can’t be away from you anymore. I can’t, Louis, please.”

“Sh, baby, I was never going to make you go back. I knew the second you called me you were going to get here and stay.”

“Really? Louis please don’t be messing with me I won’t be able to handle that.”

“Oh Hazza, I’m not messing with you. I promise you that I am being serious. I won’t allow you to go back there, I just won’t. I want you here, I need you here. I love you so much, Harry. I can’t do this anymore either. “

“I love you Louis, I love you so much.” Louis smile was blinding before it become a blur in Harry’s vision. “I can really stay?”

Louis nodded, “Forever.”