Status: Finished. No sequel.

My Favorite

Age - 20 Years

I sat at the table, rubbing my eyes and watching as the man moved around the kitchen with practiced ease and grace. The plate of food was set down in front of me, and Jarvis stood expectantly to the side.

“Good morning to you, too,” I grumbled and picked at the food. Jarvis let out a laugh and held his arms behind his back.

“Good morning, Holly. What are your plans for the day?” He still couldn’t move his mouth, but that was the least of the worries I had about Jarvis’ new body. The upgrades were constant – a better reactor, smoother joints, a new coolant compound straight from Dr. Banner. Making his mouth move in tandem with his words wasn’t a priority, yet.

But he had changed, just as Dad said. Jarvis had taken it upon himself to do… research. He formulated his own laugh; his emotions were more convincing, now. He’d even taken the liberty of ordering a wig, so he could look more humanlike and cover the panel on the back of his head. It was amazing what he was doing.

“I need to head over to Stark Tower. Dad’s got some things we need to go over with Dr. Banner,” I stopped to eat a few bites of my food, before looking over to Jarvis’ motionless body. He was elsewhere, possibly in Stark Tower, “Jarvis?”

His eyes lit back up and he looked at me expectantly, “Want to tag along? I think it’s time we finally got you into the outside world.”

“I’m not sure if that’s safe, Holly.”

“It’ll be fine, I promise. Happy is just going to drive us to Stark Tower, and that’s one of the safest places in the world,” I urged, and after finishing my food, I dragged an objecting Jarvis to the car waiting outside.

As I held his hand while pulling him to Dad’s office, I noticed that his fingers wrapped around mine.

My heart jumped to my throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I'm not dead. Just uninspired.