Status: Finished. No sequel.

My Favorite

Age - 20 Years (Pt. 2)

I rolled over in bed, then again, and finally once more so I was again on my back. I threw my arm over my forehead, feeling the burning surface on my skin. I pressed both of my palms to my eyes, when I heard the concerned voice of Jarvis ring around my bedroom.

“Are you well, Holly?”

I groaned in response, feeling petulant and tired enough to revert to a cavewoman state. I heard his laugh, so convincing that it was as if speaking to a human, and he informed me that he would be up to my room in moments to bring me breakfast.

I tried to pile my pillows up so I could sit, but the door opened immediately and Jarvis strolled in, carrying a tray. He stopped to set the food down on my bedside table, but he was a bit jerky when it came to slowing his gait. He must be malfunctioning; I made a note to look into it when I didn’t wish I was dead.

“Let me help,” he reached over to assist me in my endeavor, then placed the tray on my lap. It teetered a bit, so he sat on the edge of my bed and used his own knee to provide stability for it.

“Thank you, Jarvis,” I mumbled, before reaching for the glass of water he’d provided me. I chugged it down in one go, and he made what sounded like a concerned hum before reaching over for the empty glass.

“It is my pleasure, Holly. I will get you more water. Try to eat while I’m away,” he turned to the door and made back for the kitchen to refill the glass. I picked at the food and tried to force it down, but I had to abandon the tray to the bedside table in favor of throwing up in my bathroom.

Jarvis returned, and wasted no time in coming to my rescue to hold my hair from my face. His eyebrows knit together in worry, and I briefly wondered when I had gotten the time to install motion in that area of his face.

I hadn’t.

After forcibly ejecting my innards via my face, Jarvis helped me return to bed. Neither of us commented on the fact that I was only clad in my undergarments. I didn’t expect him to say anything, but I still felt somewhat embarrassed about the whole thing.

I drank the second glass and curled up on my side, hoping to just wake up later and feel better. Jarvis made to leave the room, but I reached to grab his sleeve and pull him back to my side insistently, “Please stay, Jarvis.”

“Of course, Holly,” he sat next to me and I reached for his hand instead of his sleeve.

He was there when I awoke.