Status: Finished. No sequel.

My Favorite

Age - 21 Years

I've never had many boyfriends in my life. Being the daughter of Stark Industries’ CEO was a bit of a double edged sword. It brought many men flocking to be at my side, but all of them were after three things – money, fame, power.

My latest boyfriend had been going swimmingly, I thought. He didn't seem interested in what I could do for him to further his own goals. They weren't much, to be honest. He was one of Dad’s researchers, working under Banner. Logan was kind and sweet, but when he called the house to speak with me, he sounded so different.

“Holly?” His voice rang out around me through the speakers in my room. It vaguely reminded me of Jarvis’ communication, but that was where the similarities stopped. He wasn't Jarvis.

“Yeah, what’s up?” I could tell something was wrong, just from that one word. I felt my heart begin beating, and I knew Jarvis was picking up on that.

“I've been transferred to the Stark Industries division in Paris. I’m going to be gone for a long time. I think it’s best if maybe we saw other people.”

“You’re breaking up with me?” I breathed, and I turned my head to look at the security camera in the corner, “Thanks for the notice, by the way. Dad doesn't just spring these things on people.”

Jarvis took this as his cue to hang the phone up, and I flopped back on my bed, trying in vain to hold back tears. I really liked him…

The bed sunk next to me, and I didn't realize that Jarvis had come into the room. I rolled over to lie in his lap and openly bawl my eyes out. He threaded his slim fingers through my hair, and I half-wished that Jarvis was human. He was perfect, and I was insane for thinking things like this. He’s just a robot, I chided myself, but that didn't change any of the thoughts raging in my head.

I still wondered Logan had been transferred so suddenly.