Status: Finished. No sequel.

My Favorite

Age - 21 Years (Pt. 2)

It wasn’t until Jarvis had been physically attacked that I realized how deep I had gotten with him.

The busted of ruins of the MK I mainframe scattered the room around me. I found very little that was salvageable, and I was thankful that I had managed to preserve the vast majority of his information. Expansions on his MK II mainframe made it possible to keep a backup of almost all of his information in his body.

Dad said it was a marvel to store that much information in such a small space, but I couldn’t pay his praise any mind as I sniffled to myself, digging through the remains. Jarvis’ body was standing in the doorway, watching me with such worry on his face. I didn’t want to face him, I didn’t want him to know that I’d been crying.

I knew he knew, though. It was stupid to try and even hide it. This is why I managed to dig my whole so far, because I couldn’t shake the ingrained wish that Jarvis was a person, that my Jarvis was human. He would never be, and in frustration I kicked one of the smoldering scraps of plastic and cursed.

Jarvis finally stepped forward to grasp my hand, entangling our fingers, and I felt my heart jump. I was such a fool, but I squeezed his hand back and let out the first wracking sob.