Status: Finished. No sequel.

My Favorite

Age - 22 Years

With my time to take over Stark Industries looming in the future, a lot of my time was spent overseeing projects at Stark Tower. I didn’t have a lot of time to spend upgrading Jarvis, but after the attack on his mainframe he only left my side when it was time for me to sleep.

He was my confidant, and I didn’t think I would be able to handle all that was happening in Stark Tower without his constant presence and advice at my side. Dad must have noticed my stress as well, because the two of us snuck out of the Tower for a day of golfing.

When we were on the course, both of our phones turned off at my request, I turned to Dad with a worried frown, “Have you noticed anything… strange, with Jarvis?”

“I’ve noticed a lot of things about Jarvis lately, Hols. Is it the synth-skin ordered specifically from S.H.I.E.L.D., or the fact that he won’t leave your side? I know all that’s not your doing, Hols. I’m old, but not stupid.”

“You’re only old when I can’t wipe your own ass, Dad. I’m worried that he’s doing all this.”

“Luckily, that’s one thing I can do without needing Pepper. Let’s look for hope in the small things. He’s doing all of that for you, you dummy,” he gave his golf ball a solid whack, before turning to look at me, “I don’t know what you did, you mad scientist, but you’ve given him means to turn into some kind of modern-day Pinocchio.”

I didn’t bother to hold back my incredulous look as Dad wandered off after his golf ball in the sand pit. We didn’t golf because we did it well, we did it because we couldn’t.