Status: First true try at horror

Whispers

Sex

I pull my bags and pack my things. I plan on being out of my sister's house by the end of the week. Once everything was in a bag. I fall asleep. I sleep for maybe an hour before waking up gasping for air. It's like that was hands on my throat.

The words from the other night were hanging in the air like a new decoration. I coughed and tried to fight the invisible hands on my throat. The pressure lessened on my neck for a few seconds but came back as soon as my breathing leveled to normal. Whatever was doing this continued the releasing and tightening at least twelve times before disappearing again.

I sit up and see writing on the floor. It looked like some from of Scandinavian language, but I couldn't tell which one. I just stared at them. The I heard the children's voices on the other side of my door. They were talking to me this time though.

"He will kill you. He is the boogie man who doesn't like males in his house," one of them said. "He wants you to leave."

I stare at the door deciding what I should do. I weigh my chooses. Stay here and risk being killed my some 'boogie man' or leave now and be away from this. When my side felt a sharp pain, I look down to see a line of blood forming. I stand up and grab my bags. I walk out the front door with my keys running to the car.

***

I check into a hotel and look at myself in the mirror. There isn't a cut in my side. There isn't even blood on my shirt. How did that happen?

I pull my phone out quickly and call my sister. She doesn't answer, so I leave a message in her voicebox. "I'm sorry, Marie, but I can't stay with you anymore. You have some sort of ghost in your house, and it just tried to kill me. I know it sounds crazy, but please don't take it the wrong way."

I fell asleep in the hotel. I don't dream. I just sleep. I wake up and go to work. I have a smile on my face because I had a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, one more chapter. Tell me what you think.