Status: Keep watching for updates

Shout the Call

Chapter 12

“It was Jack who came to me first,” Aaron said, “by then, all the band knew what I was and as far as I knew, they were all cool with it.”

“But?” I asked

“But Jack wasn’t happy, Bea. He wanted a private chat and I knew what was coming.”

“He wanted you to turn him, didn’t he?”

“Not straight away, no. We went out for beers and things got a bit messy. When we got home, everyone else was in bed but Jack and me, well – we weren’t ready to call it a night.”

Aaron looked down at his hands and I allowed my eyes to follow his gaze. I looked back up to see his face turn suddenly serious.

“Are you okay honey?” I asked, stroking Aaron’s leg.

“I’m fine, I suppose. It’s just a sore subject, that’s all. Anyway, after another few beers I fell tired and told Jack I was going to go to bed but he had other plans. He pinned me to the wall and kissed me. It was full on. At first, I wanted to knock him into next week but I started to enjoy it; it’s not like I hadn’t been with men before. This was different though, totally different. Jack and I had always been the closest. There was always this kind of ‘bromance’ between us. We were thick as thieves and the rest of the band picked up on it as did our small horde of fans.”

I nodded. I had indeed noticed that there was ‘something’ between Jack and Aaron on stage and I had seen them live enough to know it wasn’t just my imagination.

“Jack could sense I was getting a little too carried away. He knows full well what happens when I lose control.” Aaron continued regrettably, “I pulled away the second my fangs made an appearance; it was all getting way too out of hand. Jack looked at me like I was out of my mind but begged me to bite him. I told him he was being a complete dick but he was insistent.”

“Oh my God honey,” I said, feeling Aaron’s pain. He shook his head.

“He said he wanted to be with me for eternity and I told him he hadn’t got a clue what he was asking. Before I could say another word, he kissed me again, even harder than before. It was so easy to kiss back and this time I did nothing to try and calm myself down. When Jack showed me his neck, I did it – I bit him. Then I made him drink my blood. He was my first willing victim and the rest of the band soon followed suit.”

I got up from where I sat and threw my arms around him. He didn’t have to tell me how difficult this was for him.

“Jack knew how much I thought of him, Bea, but about a year or so later, we fell out – big time. He couldn’t handle the fact that I wasn’t just his; I never was. I did think a great deal of him and I think I loved him but being in a band brings attention and he just couldn’t handle that. I don’t think he ever has.”

“So, do you still enjoy the ‘attention’?” I asked, having some idea of how Jack must have felt.

“No. No way,” Aaron shot back, “don’t get me wrong, the lads still partake in a little groupie activity here and there but it’s not for me. I have to feed from the source occasionally, you saw that, but that’s all it was and will ever be especially now you’re here. You’ve changed me Bea.”

“I turned Aaron’s face to mine; we were centimetres away from eachother.

“Aaron Holmes,” I said my voice thick with emotion, “I love you. I really, truly love you!”

“I know,” he replied, “I love you too but then, you already know that right?” Aaron bought his hands up to his cheeks, taking my hands down and away before holding my face and pulling me to him. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead, then my mouth and immediately, softness went out of the window and we were embroiled in a steamy clinch. Our passionate encounter ended abruptly as someone coughed sharply, behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Duh, duh, duuuuuuhhhhh! Thanks for reading my beautiful BRAD (and, of course, anyone else who wishes to!)