Ambitious Amusement

II

"Holy shit." Gerard exhaled as he ran a hand through his knotted hair. "We should have rode a smaller coaster than that one first. I'm definitely not used to that."

"Yeah, me either." Ray laughed as we exited the ride.

"What the hell are you guys complaining for?" Mikey squeaked. "I just rode that twice in a row!"

"Well you shouldn't even be here." Gerard retorted. "You don't graduate for another two years."

"Well he's here now and there's nothing you can do about that." I said, defending Mikey.

"Thanks Frank." Mikey beamed before looking down at my shirt. He looked back up at me in utter confusion. "D-does your shirt have my name on it?"

"Yeah man! Mikey Fucking Way!" I said, stretching my shirt to give him a better look. "I made this since I didn't think you were going to be here."

"That's fucking awesome." He chuckled in amusement.

"Seriously, how did you get here?" Gerard asked his younger brother as he hoisted the bag on his shoulder.

"I sneaked onto the bus. I was sitting right behind all of you, dip shits." Mikey said.

We continued our way through the park, passing a few classmates that wouldn't even bother to look at us. I was grateful to not be forced to see them every day of the week after today. "Where to next?!" I asked the guys, diverting my eyes to the ground avoiding any familiar face.

"Dude, the green lantern is right around the corner." Ray said and turned to me with a sly smile on his face. "Front seat?"

"Fuck yeah!" I exclaimed and darted off. Ray and I sprinted toward the lime green steel that peaked through the trees.

"Hey!" Gerard called out, his voice was now distant. "That's fucked up!"

"Hah!" Ray laughed as he turned back to look at Gerard, still running full speed. "Should have thought about that before you brought a 20 pound bag full of-umf."

I heard a loud thud followed by a groan. I spun around quickly to see Ray in a fetal position on the ground. In front of him stood the big intimidating security guard that checked Gerard's bag. "Damn it, Ray." I sighed, jogging up to him. I lifted him up beneath his shoulders. It was clear to see the air was knocked out of him.

"There will be no running through my park today, boys." The big man stated as he put his thumbs through the belt loops of his pants. "This is your first warning."

"I apologize, Sir." Ray said politely while struggling to catch his breath.

The security guard gave him a tense nod before turning to me, expecting an apology. I looked at him and shrugged. "What?" I said blatantly.

He was taken aback by my rude response. I didn't have time to be bossed around on a day that is supposed to be carefree. We were celebrating graduating high school. I was done with the rules; the system. I wasn't going to listen to anyone.

The big man took a step forward, hovering over me. He took one deep stare into my eyes before letting out a sigh. "Is that profanity on your shirt?"

I looked down, pulling the shirt away from my body to read the letters. "Oh, in fact it does sir." I said like a sarcastic asshole.

"I'm going to have to ask you to turn that inside out." He said. "This is a family park."

"Well sir," I scoffed politely. "I'm sure no one will stop to read my shirt."

"I did, didn't I?" He said sternly.

"C'mon, Frank." Ray said as he nudged me. "Let's just do what the man says and continue on."

"Yeah, listen to your friend you little delinquent." The heavyset man growled as he began to put his hands on me.

"Fuck off." I spat, darting from his reach and running away full speed.

"God dammit." I heard Ray sigh from behind me.

I was still out of breath from racing him to the coaster but I kept pushing myself to get away from this man. I turned around to see that he was struggling to run after me. I just laughed at the sight. With his size, did he really think he could keep up with me?

I sprinted through the line of the Green Lantern, nearly knocking over families with small children.. I kept peering over my shoulder as I made my way through the line inconspicuously. I hopped over a railing, causing a few shouts to emerge from the people I was cutting in front of.

I finally made my way to the front. I leaned against the gate and allowed myself to catch up on my breath. I wiped the sweat dripping from my forehead with the back of my hand. I started to look toward the back of the line, hoping to see one of the guys. They were no where to be found.

I gave up searching for my friends and turned back around. The coaster was now pulling up on the tracks slowly. I kept peering over my shoulder, hoping the security guard wasn't still after me. The attendant directed everyone to remain seated until the coaster came to a complete stop. I looked past all the people cheering on the coaster and saw a familiar frame at the exit gate.

It was the security guard. He was speaking frantically into his walkie-talkie, possibly calling for back up. He shoved the device back into his pocket before looking around the area again. I ducked but it was too late. He caught sight of me and began to come after me. "Fuck." I breathed, looking around for an escape.

"Enjoy your day, ride on." The attendant said as she released the bars on the coaster. People started pouring off the ride toward the exit, blocking his path.

"Thank fuck." I scoffed, crouching down behind the gate. The gates opened and I cautiously walked toward the coaster. I searched through the crowd exiting the ride, trying to catch sight of the guard. He was no where in sight so I took my place on the coaster and began to buckle up.

"Hey, kid!" I heard a deep voice boom over the crowd.

I turned and he was running straight for me. I quickly freed myself of the seat buckle and hopped off the ride, running toward the back. "Outta my way, kid." I pushed a boy to the side, taking his seat on the coaster. "It's an emergency." I said, frantically buckling up and praying it would take off at that exact moment.

I looked through the cars and saw the guard checking every seat. I hung my head down low as a static voice filled my ears. "Enjoy your ride!"

The coaster began to move before the guard could make his way to the back. I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he couldn't get me now that we were moving. He continued looking through the seats as mine approached him. An evil glare grew on his distressed face once he took sight of me. I gave him a slick smirk before forcing my middle finger in the air. "Fuck off!" I yelled as the coaster left the station.

I sat there giggling to myself as adrenalin rushed through my body. That was a ride in itself. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the head rest, trying to steady my breathing.

The coaster turned the corner the began going up the lift hill. I was broken out of my relaxation as a familiar voice met my ears. "What was all that about?"