Gensokyo 20XX: Rise of Earth

Flandre

I remembered the day Remi died. I remembered how she always said that there were monsters out there and that was the reason as to why I could not go outside but, that time, the monsters came and her last words were, "Flandre,...forget what I said about monsters, I need you to run now." The last thing she did was release me from that stuffy old basement and that was before she disappeared into dust and hair. All that there was left of her was her necklace and, being that it was magical and held her soul, it shattered into ash and fragments, too. I hurried away and fled to a strange new place with tall things and what not. The people were stranger than they were in Gensokyo. In being in this strange place, I was afraid but I was afraid of the monsters finding me. In being scared of the monsters, I found the humans to be a curiousity and I wanted to be among them. I wondered what Remi would think but she told that she wanted me run and by 'run' she meant do not come home.

I decided to live like a human and the first thing about humans is that they don't have wings, so I ripped out my wings but I didn't look quite enough like human, rather, I looked pretty much like a vampire without wings. Turning human was harder than I thought and I decided that I should find someone who can turn me human. I looked all around for Eirin and then I did find her holding two big bags. I asked her to turn me human and I told her I would behave. She told me she would turn me human but that would take awhile. Awhile did pass and I had drank an awful lot of potions, spells cast on me, and had took loads of things to turn me human. Finally, I did become human but I was rendered unable to go out into the sun because, in turning me human, I got Xeroderma Pigmentosum. I wasn't counting on being perfect, I just didn't want the monsters to get me. Once I was turned human, I went out to find Sakuya, maybe she was in this strange new place, too. I looked everywhere but I could not find Sakuya. She didn't leave Gensokyo.

I had left Eirin so I could not go back to her. I was all alone in a big scary place. I wandered around, eating bugs and things and drinking water from puddles. I would watch the other kids play but I could not play with them because it was sunny. I lived like this for awhile, until, I found Ran, who took me home with her. When I got there, I was pretty happy to see Reimu and Chen. After making myself at home, I cried loudly and wished Remi were here with me and wished that she could have turned human, too, especially if she did turn human, the monsters wouldn't have killed her. Rannie hurried to comfort me and told me that Remi would have wanted it. I felt better because Remi did die setting me free.

After dinner, Ran tucked us in and made it absolutely clear that there was to be no kicking of the legs or kicking of each other out of bed. She kissed us all and went about her business. Once we sure she was asleep, we started a conversation, with Chen saying, "Once a man asked Ran to marry him, so he could see her face of what she hid under her head and face coverings." I couldn't help but to chuckle a little and she responded, "What did Ran say?" Reimuchimed in, "Yes, what did Ran say?"

"She didn't say anything and hurried away as soon as he tried to remove her veil, though that wasn't without punching him."

"Um, Chen?"

"Yes, Flan?"

"Why does she wear head or face coverings?"

"The same reason as to why you turned human of course and why Reimu dyed her hair, to make sure they don't recognize her as being from Gensokyo."

"But can't Ran transform?"

"Yes, but not permanently, she can only take human form whenever she is around strangers and make herself appear human, aside from her fox-like traits."

"Then why didn't you shapeshift?"

"I can take the form of a cat and Ran often concocts stories as to why my tail is split and they usually goes like this, I got in a terrible accident that split my tail all the way to the base and it healed in two tails. Surprisingly enough, people believed her, no matter how odd the story was."

After awhile, Reimu started to get sick and depressed. Actually, she got sick a lot and wouldn't get out of bed and would sometimes stay at the hospital. Rannie would sit next to her but would sometimes have to leave come home really tired. After awhile, Reimu went to stay in the hospital and it turns out she wasn't going to come home. Actually, from what the doctor told Rannie, Reimu wasn't going to get any better and that, if things didn't change, Reimu was going to die. Oh, what would Yukari think? Of course, Yukari wasn't here and we didn't know when she would come back to us. While Reimu was in the hospital, Yukari did come back to us but Rannie told her about Reimu and she went in to see her.

After Yukari came back, Reimu did get better and eventually came home. What's even better is that Yukari brought a nice big pretty house in the country and we moved from the city to the country. After a bit, Reimu became my sister, something Remi could have asked for. I do hope to go to kindergarten at night some day.