Status: Interested?

Wanderlust - The People You Meet

Introduction

World Travel.

The people you meet while travelling the world are different from the ones you surround yourself with when you are safely placed in your familiar home, where you see the same faces everyday and the visit the same places to fulfil your daily chores. When you travel the world you meet people that are different.

Different origin, different culture, different looking, different ideas, different beliefs, different everything. You never know who will be the next person you meet, the next person you talk to, the next person that’s there. You never now what new ideas will be planted in your mind and change you ever so slightly. For that is what most of these encounters do: they change you every so slightly, that at first you don’t notice it, but after a couple of weeks you feel the change and you hear it as you recount your stories.

On my travels I have started to meet an array of colourful personalities and characters. All of them unique and stereotypical in their ways: the Germans – the organised people who have everything that they might need throughout their travels; the English – who are set on seeing as much as they can on a budget; the sportive Aussies, the happy Kiwis and many more that litter the worlds hostels.

I barely travelled for three month, but the array of people I have met alone in that relatively small amount of time is enormous. Therefore, now that my travels are over, I feel like I should share some of the experiences I had.

In my first two weeks of travel, I did a tour with a group of 14 people. It was a great experience with loads of fun people to hang around with – and loads of stories to tell about, but that’s for another chapter. What I was getting at, is that at the end of the two weeks travelling together, a group of us decided to give each other finger puppets that we thought represented each other in a way. The panda, the starfish, the smurf, the tiger, the llama, etc. I decided to use these analogies in this story to tell you all about the people I met throughout my travels and was able to get to know. Most of these people I will most likely never meet again, and many that I will mention about, I haven’t met long enough to really know and talk about – therefore only mentioned. I will be talking about those people that I have had long conversations with and that I was able to actually get to know a bit, although this is all a second-hand story, I’ll try to convey as much of them as I can to you, and you can decided what you want to make of it later on.