He Haunts Me

What's Going On?

Tristan and I spent an hour or so lounging around his house. He filled me on how my old school’s perfect couple split up. He also informed that Mrs. Williams had a baby, she thinks he’s adorable when he’s really kind of scary. Well that’s what Tristan told me anyway.

The weekend was a lazy one, we didn’t to all that much. We did go see Nick’s band. They were very good. I was in total shock. Tristan was too, he just wouldn’t admit it. Nick hung out with Tristan and I for a couple hours but he had to get back home the next day. My visit wasn’t exciting but I love it anyway.

The ride home was long and boring. I couldn’t help but wonder how Jasper would greet me when I returned. Would he be in a good mood? Would he be in a bad mood? Who knew with Jasper? My hand hitting Jasper’s wrist with a loud smack kept replaying in my mind on the way home. How was it possible? It not only left me trying to figure out how it happened but also scared shitless. What if it hurt Jasper to be touched and now he wants to get revenge.

I took in a large breath of air before I pushed the front door open. If Jasper wanted to kill me, now would be the perfect time for him to do. My mom wasn’t home. I closed my eyes tight and waited for Jasper to come barreling at me with a knife. It didn’t happen so I carefully opened my eyes looked around the living room. Everything seemed normal. Deciding to go with my assumption that everything was okay I threw my bag down at the bottom of the stairs and go to the kitchen to get a drink

As I stepped into the kitchen everything around me suddenly was unfamiliar. Everything looked antique yet new at the same time. What was going? I began to panic. I wasn’t even in a kitchen anymore. I was in a bedroom. A large bed was placed in the center of the back wall. The bed had large posts with elaborate designs carved into the dark wood. There was a beautiful wardrobe on one side of the room and a large mirror on the other. This room was gorgeous. Maybe Jasper did kill me. He probably came from behind and hit me over the head with a blunt object. The bastard couldn’t even kill me to my face.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door of the bedroom was thrown open and two figures entered. Both were males. One larger than the other. The larger one threw the smaller man to the floor. I stood motionless. Maybe the wouldn’t see me if I didn’t move.

“This is your fault.” The men had there backs to me. The larger on yelled while the smaller of the two men attempted to stand up. The larger man collided his foot into the ribs of the smaller man. The smaller man collapsed to the floor with a grunt of pain but quickly tried to stand again. The larger man kicked him again and he fell once more to the floor. I gasped when the smaller man’s face became visible. It was Jasper. Jasper when he was alive and even more gorgeous if possible.

“I’m sorry.” Jasper managed to say from his position on the floor. Jasper was on all fours trying to stand, with his beautiful face twisted in pain. I hoped he would stay down for his own good. Again the man drove his foot forcefully into Jasper’s ribs. Jasper fell again to the floor. His face was bruised and cut. Blood was smeared across the bottom half of his face. The man beating Jasper didn’t stop at one more kick. He kicked Jasper three more times. Jasper’s whole body shook as he coughed. I was shaking with fear. I wanted to scream. I couldn’t. I wanted to go punch that man in the face. I couldn’t. I wanted to move my pinky finger I couldn’t. The only thing I could do is sit there in horror.

Jasper coughed and as he did blood appeared on the floor. Jasper began to cough up more and more blood until he was literally vomiting blood. It was like watching a car accident. You know you shouldn’t look but you can’t help yourself. I wanted to look away but I couldn’t move. I had backed myself into the corner and crouched down with my arms around my knees, staring wide eyed at the scene playing out in front of me.

Jasper crawled about a foot before the man knocked him down again. Jasper reached his arm out and front of him. His voice was barely audible when he called for help. His arm was shaking violently and he whispered “Help” one more time. His eyes were bloodshot and foggy. I wanted to help. I tried but I couldn’t move. Jasper’s breathing became rapid as he gasped for air. I closed my eyes tightly and as I did Jasper’s gasping stopped. There was silence.

“Cecilia?” My eyes shot open when I heard Jasper. Jasper stood in the kitchen giving me the weirdest look ever. My body was shaking uncontrollably. I had myself backed in the corner against a cabinet. I was back in my kitchen. What just happened?

“Are you doing drugs?” Jasper questioned walking closer to my curled up body. I screamed as loud as I possibly could and tried to squish myself against the cabinet more. “Apparently.” Jasper answered his own question. Jasper knelled down in front of me with a bewildered expression on his face. I felt my temperature drop and I began to shake more violently. I saw him die. I saw him get murdered and I didn’t do anything.

Heavy guilt dropped onto me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a tad long.
But if you stuck with me this long then you deserve it.
Oh an by the way, I turn my computer on to day to get the stories onto my flashdrive
and magically my computer has Internet connection!
Just my luck.