He Haunts Me

Temper, Temper.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jasper’s brows furrowed and an annoyed look was plastered across his face.

I didn’t say a word. I felt my heart beating rapidly.

“What is wrong?” Jasper yelled sharply getting angry that I didn’t answer him.

“I didn’t do anything. I was right there and I didn’t stop him.” I began to cry as guilt overtook my whole being.

“What are you talking about?” Jasper asked furiously.

“You reached out for help and I sat there! I was afraid!” I yelled.

Jasper gripped on shoulders tightly as I continued to cry. “Cecilia, tell me what you’re talking about!” Jasper growled me with a harsh tone. His grip was so tight that it was surely bruising. “Cecilia!” Jasper shouted and began to shake me when I didn’t answer.

“Damn it.” Jasper spat and let go of me and sent me landing hard against the cabinet door. With that I watched Jasper walk out of the kitchen. I stayed in the same spot for a little over an hour before I pulled myself off the floor and dragged my bags upstairs. I froze in my doorway when I found Jasper standing in the middle of my room.

“I’m not going to yell, Cecilia. I just want to talk to you.” I think it was the first time Jasper spoke nicely to me.

“Okay.” my voice shook as I spoke.

“Sit.” Jasper pointed to my bed. I sat. “What is going on with you?” Jasper asked with his gaze locked on my face, his face showed one emotion. Restrained anger.

“When I walked into the kitchen, it wasn’t the kitchen. It was a bedroom. Then you and the man came through the door. He threw you to the ground. When you tried to stand he kicked you and said it was your fault. You said you were sorry and he kicked you again. You kept trying to stand but every time you did, he would kick you. I didn’t help you.” I don’t know why but I didn’t want to tell him the rest. I was afraid of what his reaction would be.

“That’s all you saw?” Jasper asked without emotion.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Are you sure?” he looked suspicious.

“Yes.” I answered firmly.

“Oh.” Jasper said like it was nothing and I was stupid for being upset about it. That was the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is very short.
Don't worry though, I'm posting a longer chapter right after this.
By the way, I love everyone who subscribed and commented.