He Haunts Me

Halloween part Two

I let out another happy sigh once I entered my house. “Did you have a good time?” My mom asked from the couch, a bowl of candy sat next to her for trick or treaters was half empty.

“Yeah” I replied and ran upstairs to my room.

“Hi.” Jasper greeted me lazily while lounging on my bed watching Casper on TV.

“Hi.” I replied throwing my hoodie off and jumping onto my bed next to him. I felt Jasper stare at me for a few seconds before returning to watching the movie.

“Do you think that would work?” Jasper asked once the movie was over.

“What would work?” I asked absently while checking the time on my cell phone.

“A relationship between the dead and the living.” he pondered.

“Honestly, not unless the living enjoyed being cold and being with the cold hearted.” I made a point to stare a Jasper while saying the last bit.

“It could work though, right?” he asked ignoring my insult.

“I don’t know, probably not. First of all, what are the chances of people being able to see and talk to the dead. Let’s be honest being able to see and talk to you classifies me as a freak. Second, they’d never be able go out anywhere. Would they even be able to have a physical relationship? Would they be able to kiss, or hold hands or any of that?” I asked Jasper while standing up to stretch with a yawn.

Before I could register what was happening Jasper grabbed my waist and dipped me backwards, my yawn turned into a gasp. One of his arms was around my waist, the other was behind my head, and his face was extremely close to mine.

“Clearly the relationship could be physical.” Jasper pointed out, cold air tickling my face as he spoke. I gulped nervous to be this close to him. His vanilla mint scent tickled my nose, my heart was beating so fast I thought it might explode. “Do I make you nervous?” Jasper smirked.

“No. You just scared the hell out of me.” I lied. “Weren’t you ever taught that it’s not polite to grab people like that?”

“No.” Jasper had his famous grin plastered across his face.

“Well, I still don’t think it would work when the dead are the only ones who can touch.”

“We don’t really know that the dead are the only ones who can touch.” Jasper replied with lightening speed. “I suggest you touch my arm to see if you can touch me.” Jasper continues when I didn’t say anything.

“I think that would be pretty pointless.” I shot back wonder when Jasper would release me.

“Just try it.” Jasper says back.

“Fine.” I brushed my hand quickly against his ice cold arm, it felt like one hundred watts of electricity shot through my hand. Jasper smirked.

“I win, babe.” He dropped me onto my bed.

“Just because we can physically touch, doesn’t mean other people can. Oh, and don’t call me babe ever again.” I stated. “Plus, I still don’t think it would get very far using me for an example of the living. I want to get married. I wouldn’t be legally able to marry a ghost. I want to have kids. Can a ghost give me kids? Probably not.” I pointed out.

“I don’t know, we can test that one out if you want, babe.” Jasper wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“Ugh. Ew. No. Just drop the subject and don’t call me babe ever again.” I cringed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love this chapter.
I don't know.
I like the next one too...so beware that could possibly be posted today.
Actually, I could finish posting almost the rest of the story today.
The last few chapters need some work though.
Also if you read Carpe Diem, I'll probably update that too.