He Haunts Me

Emily

“You look amazing.” Nick sounded winded.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I grinned at him. He hair was flipping in just the right way. His blue t-shirt made his blue eyes stand out against his dark brown hair. Plus he smelled so good.

The movie Nick and I went to see turned out to be lame, we ditched and played games in arcade until we got hungry and ate a tiny restaurant that had the most amazing food ever.

“I’ve been wanting to ask you something all night, if you say no it’s okay, I just wanted know if you would be my girlfriend?” Nick asked shyly as we walked down the street light illuminated side walks in the downtown area hand in hand.

“I would love to be your girlfriend.” I grinned uncontrollably. We stopped walking and Nick placed his lips over mine, still keeping our finger intertwined, I felt waves of bliss crashing through my body. It took us an hour to get back to Nick’s truck. Every few feet we’d stop and attack each other’s lips.

On the ride home, Nick’s hand was tangled with him while he used on hand to steer. The ride was comfortably quiet. I kept thinking back to Jasper while drove home. Kissing Jasper was probably the stupidest, strangest, and creepiest thing that I’ve ever done. I never wanted it to happen again. I couldn’t even come up with a reason why I allowed it in the first place.

“Home.” I called once I entered my house. I could her mom’s keyboard clicking from inside her office.

“Did you have a good time?” My mom called.

“Yeah, I’m gonna go take a shower.” I informed my mother while jogging upstairs.

I stopped in my tracks when I opened my bedroom door. Jasper was sat on the floor reading a book. The TV was off, the lights were off except for a small lamp on my desk. Everything was calm and still. I was expecting the room to be filled with tension from what had happened earlier. I let out a relieved sigh. I stepped inside my room and it wasn’t my room anymore.

I was surrounded by dark. Moonlight shone through a window that was covered with sheer curtains that danced in the breeze coming through the open window. I then realized I was in the room again, the room where I witnessed Jasper’s murder. In the moonlight I could see a figure in the bed. I made my way closer to the bed and was met face to face with Jasper. He was laying on his back staring straight through me, out the window. He couldn’t see me. I scolded myself when I thought about how good this light made him look.

The door creaked open and a small light poured into the room. Jasper sat bolt up right. I didn’t want to witness another gruesome scene so I stepped away from Jasper’s bed. “Jasper?” a small female voice asked. I could she her outline in the light, she had long hair and was wearing a long night gown.

“What is it, Emily?” Jasper asked tiredly yet lovingly.

“I’m afraid. May I sleep with you tonight?” she squeaked. Jasper sighed deeply.

“Mother and Father don’t approve of that.” Jasper said knowingly.

“But”

“You must sleep in your own bed, there is nothing to be afraid of. I’m only across the hall if something should happen.”

“But”

“I promise I won’t allow anything to harm you.” Jasper spoke softly and reassuringly to his little sister, it made my heart skip from pure shock. Jasper was loving at one point.

“Goodnight, Jasper.” Emily murmured.

“Goodnight, Emily.” Jasper cooed and watched his door shut before laying back down.

“Hey!” A loud clap brought me back to real life.
“What?”

“Nothing. You were just standing there staring at your bookshelf. It was weird.” Jasper pointed out.

“Oh.” I said. Should I tell him what I saw. I decided against it. Last time, he didn’t seem all that interested after he freaked out. Why would it be worth telling him what I saw tonight. Plus talking to him might lead to talking about the kiss, which I never want to even think about again.

“Can I have this?” Jasper asked holding up a tennis ball.

“Uh, yeah. Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck at not posting, don't I?
I'm sorry.
I just have this story finished and I want to post it.
So two more post for tonight then I'll be done.
I promise.