He Haunts Me

Meeting The Neighbors

“That blows.” Tristan laughed after I told him about the sinking front porch, the ugly carpet, the annoying paint colors, and the strange feeling my new room gave me.

“I know! I’m sitting in the middle of my room right now and I have the strangest feeling like someone’s in the room.” I looked around the room as I spoke to Tristan.

“Maybe your new house is haunted.” I could hear Tristan’s smile over the phone.

“Shut up jerk, now I’m scared.” I admitted. A loud thud sounded from downstairs. I squeaked and ran out of my room.

“What was that?” Tristan laughed.

“Mom must have dropped a box and because of the idea you put in my head I got scared.” I pouted to myself.

“Sorry about, I have to go to work though.” Tristan apologized.

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later.”

Tristan screamed “Bye!” loudly and I mimicked him with the loudest “Bye!” I could yell.

“Well let’s get moving, babe.” my mom laughed as we went back down stairs to move all or junk back in.

“Okay let’s get the couch first, I hope it fit through the door.” mom struggled with the back door to the truck and I surveyed my neighborhood.

My closest neighbor lived down the road. I took this as my chance to look up at my house again. My mom’s bedroom window caught my eye. 'Was there a lamp in there?’ I wondered looking up at the window in awe. ‘The lamp looks like a person.’ the wind blew harshly and my messy blond hair blew into my face blinding me momentarily. I pushed my hair side and looked back to find nothing in the window. “You’re going crazy, Cilia.” I told myself shaking my head.

My mom was off in the distance going ballistic on her cell phone to the U-Haul man about how the back of the truck would’t open and she was going to go at it with a crow bar until it opened. I would hate to put a damper on her fit but the crowbar is in the truck. I took this as my cue to wander about our property. “Asshole!” my mom shouted into the early morning and I stifled a laugh while I twisted wild flowers into a ring. “Cecilia, come try to open this damn thing, will ya?” I sighed and left the thigh high grass to go fight with a U-Haul door.

“I don’t know mom, it won’t open.” I growled annoyed and sweaty from the fight.

“Excuse me, you ladies need some help?” a guy around my age smiled kindly as a group of boys stood on the other side of the road laughing lightly.

“Please!” my mom begged desperately.

The boy chuckled and removed some his brown hair from his eyes my throwing his head to one side. He pulled the handle down hard, the door made a clink before the door flew open.

“Thank you, so much!” my mom thanked the boy.

“No problem.” he smiled and with that ran back across the road with his friends who laughed more when he came back.

‘Immature.’ I thought angrily. I hated people laughing at me or my mom. “Celia, why don’t you take your things in now. I’ll take in kitchen things first.” “Kay.” I opened the back door of my car and pulled my acoustic guitar out and slung the strap over my shoulder. I grabbed the black case that was holding my baby, my white Les Paul. It was heavy as hell to carry up the twenty-three steps when I was dragging my amplifier behind me. I placed them in the corner of my room next to the sliding doors of my closet. I darted out of my room fast as possible. When I came back down voices filled my ears. “Cecilia! Come meet our neighbors.” my mom called from the kitchen. Apparently I’m not silent when I down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by a middle aged couple.

“Hi.” I waved awkwardly.

“Hello, I’m Carolyn.” I woman had brown hair and was smiling kindly at me. “That’s my husband Bill.” Carolyn introduced me to the back of her husband who grunted as hello, he was assembling our kitchen table. “I asked my son Nick, and his friends to come help but I see they didn’t.” Carolyn shook her head.

“I think he opened the truck for us actually.” my mom said plugging in the coffee machine.

I left again and went out to my car, and pulled out boxes of Cd's and left them on the porch, the side that wasn’t sinking down.

“Need any help?” a voice asked from behind me and I was met by who I’m guessing is Carolyn’s son.

“Um, I guess.” I said shyly, he took a box from my car and fallowed me upstairs and dropped it on my floor roughly knowing it was only a box full of paint.

“I’m Nick.” he smiled.

“Cecilia.” I mumbled opening a un-marked box. “Shit.” I muttered when I found a box of notebooks I planned on burning but never got around to.

“Well Cecilia shit, shall we go get more boxes?” I nodded and blushed.

“Anything marked Art put in the blue room.” I told Nick, he saluted took a box which contained my camera and things I used with my camera and disappeared into my house. It was weird calling this place my house. It felt so...wrong. I closed the back door of my car and opened the trunk. The only thing my trunk contained was my stereo seeing as it was...well huge. I took the center piece out and struggled with it’s weight.

“Whoa, let me help you there.” Nick took the control center of my stereo and walked into the house with it. He kind of makes me feel like I’m dumb and helpless.

I took of the two speakers and carried one in each hand. They were big, sure, but the weighed nothing.

“How are you doing, Celia?” my mom asked as her and Carolyn fussed over how to set up the living room. The couch, entertainment center, and book self were there so Bill must have been busy. I

“Excuse me.” Bill said as he and Nick carried my bed frame upstairs. I shrugged and fallowed with my speakers and once they put my spring box and mattress down. I shut my door and tried turned assemble my stereo. I put in a mix CD and went to work trying to organize my stuff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two.
Umm, tell me if you like it so far...or if you hate it and want me to stop writing.