He Haunts Me

Locket

I pulled myself off the floor and dragged my body upstairs. Jasper followed behind me silently. I could feel the cold bouncing off him. I kicked my shoes off and laid on my bed.

Jasper sat on the edge like a father watching his sick child. “I need you to distract Emily. To get her off the wall. If she isn’t on the wall then she can’t fall.” Jasper told me.

“Lay down or something, you’re making me nervous they way you’re watching me.” I yawned.

"Psh, I always make you nervous. It's just the affect my good looks and charm have on you." Jasper joked. Jasper joked! I felt the bed sink down beside me and cold washed over me soon after.

“How do I distract her?” I asked curiously. “Throw a rock, or snap a twig. I don’t know something.” I nodded.

I still couldn’t calm down, My mind kept going back to Nick. Did he hate me now? “Calm down.” Jasper cooed and ran his cold fingers through my blonde hair. Jasper knew from watching Nick do the same thing that I would be relaxed in no time. I closed my eyes as he continued to run his finger through my hair. I knew right then and there that it was going to happen.

“Cecilia” Jasper spoke fighting the away the feeling of going into the past.

“Yeah?” I asked lazily.

“Do you hate me?” Jasper asked softly.

“No, why would I hate you?” I mumbled.

“Because you can talk to me...and you can’t talk to your dad.” my hands found their way to the locket around my neck and I began to twist the chain.

“No. I don’t think my dad has anything to tell me. He knows that I know he loves me and misses me. He knows I love and miss him. There’s really nothing to say.”

“I think you’re beautiful, Cecilia.” Jasper blurted out then backed up his statement by pressing his lips to mine and kissing me with more passion than I thought he possessed. I would be a liar if I said I didn’t return the kiss with just as much passion as he did. I would also be a liar if I said that over a few months I hadn’t fallen madly in love with the mysterious apparition but deneyed every second of it. “And I love you more than I have ever loved anyone or anything. You helped me more than you can ever know.”

I couldn’t reply to Jasper because I was watching Emily walk across the wall in her play wedding dress, with a miserable looking Jasper at her side. This would hopefully be the last time I would see Emily on that wall.

I didn’t waste time in finding a rock a rock. I threw it forcefully at the wall but with my bad aim the rock just made it over the wall and toppling into the water.

“I am going to marry Billy, one day.” I heard Emily beginning. I searched frantically for another rock but they were all stuck into the ground. I started to dig at the dirt around a particullarly large gray rock. I hated the feeling of dirt under my finger nails but it needed to be done. I threw the rock at the wall. It bounced of the stone wall with barely and sound at all.

I growled and scurried to find a twig to snap, as I heard Jasper say “Emily, stop talking about Katherine.” I was running out of time. I snapped threw twigs. Nor Emily or Jasper noticed.

Panicking the only thing I could think to do was pull the locket from around my neck and throw it right in the dirt at Jasper’s feet. Emily stopped mid sentence and hopped off the wall to see what Jasper had bent down to pick up.

“Jasper, open it!” Emily encouraged her brother who brushed the dirt off my silver locket. Jasper pulled the locket open and gazed at the small pictures inside. One of my father and one of me. “She’s beautiful!” Emily shrieked. I felt myself blush at her comment. “We should go home and show father what we found.” Emily suggested.

“No, we should keep it a secret. Just you and I, I’ll keep hold of it so it’s not to be lost.” Jasper stored my locket inside a deep pocket in his pants. He and Emily walked away from the wall and through the trees.

I was pulled back into reality by my sister’s shrill shriek. I sat bolt upright in my bed, bright sunlight was pouring through my window. It was the kind of bright sunlight that let's you know snow is on the ground. I looked around my room, Jasper wasn’t anywhere in sight and I needed to tell him how I felt.

How did I feel? I felt like I would be nothing without his sarcastic comments, suggestive looks, and troubled behavior.

If Charlotte was home, that meant Nate was home. Jasper was probably annoying Nate. I ran down stairs to find Nate comforting my sister about seeing a mouse. Jasper wasn’t behind him pinching him or anything. “Oh, Cecilia! Honey, you woke up.” My mom smiled brightly at me. “You’ve been sleep since I got home yesterday. I blinked, I slept for more than twenty-four hours. I can’t say I didn’t feel better though. My stomach growled and noticed that Christmas Eve dinner was being made.

I ran upstairs and took a shower and changed into nice clothes before I ran back downstairs. It was time to eat and still, Jasper wasn’t around.

Jasper didn’t ever show up, not during Christmas, or New Year’s, or any Holidays to follow. It was also safe to say that I’d never see my locket ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the end!
=D