He Haunts Me

The End

I lay in the grass in the front yard with Tristan to my left and Violet right next to him. Nick has work until ten tonight. “That one looks like an alligator.” Tristan notes the shape of a cloud.

“I see a skeleton key.” Violet argues with her boyfriend. Who would have guess my two best friends would fall madly in love with each other at a New Year’s party. The summer sun beats down on us and I sigh. We just got out of school and already the sun is hotter than ever. I growl and throw my arm across my eyes so the sunlight doesn’t blind me through my shut eyes. I try not to think about Jasper as the world’s happiest couple lies next to me an argues about who’s cuter.

“I’m going to get some more lemonade.” I announce to my friends even though I’m sure they don’t care much. Upon entering the back room I hear chatter from the kitchen. Mom is talking to someone. I make my way inside and find five strangers standing in the kitchen with my mom.

“Cecilia, these are our new neighbors.” my mom introduces the strangers to me.

“Nice.” I say too irritated to even look at them let alone be friendly. I place my glass on the counter and pour more lemonade into my glass keeping my back toward them.

“Please don’t mind her, she’s been a little off lately.” I slam the refrigerator door shut after I place the pitcher of lemonade back inside. I can’t believe she had the nerve to say that when I was in the room.

“It’s not mind at all.” a smooth male voice stated from behind me. I turned myself around and stare wide eyed at him. There is my kitchen stands Jasper with his family. All of them, from his father to his little sister, Emily. My eyes stayed glued to Jasper’s gorgeous figure. He looks exactly as he did when I saw him last. The only difference being more color in his skin. He even gives a sideway smirk.

“Cecilia, this is Mr. Williams, Mrs. Williams, their oldest son Isaiah, Jasper, and their youngest Emily. Jasper why don’t you go hang out with Cecilia and her friends?” My mom suggests.

“I’d love to.” Jasper keeps his eyes lock with mine. Jasper’s family accompanied by my mom exit the house and head across the street to their house.

I can’t keep the goofy grin off my face as Jasper walked towards me with a matching grin. “I believe this belongs to you.” he secures my locket around my neck. I notice his cold temperature is gone but his scent of mint and vanilla still remains. “I’ve missed you.” Jasper brushes his hand across my cheek.

“I’ve missed you too.” I grin and can’t ignore the electricity his hand his touch gives me.

Without another word we both lean in press our lips together. If I ever thought Nick’s kiss was bliss I was entirely wrong.

“Did you enjoy your vacation from me?” Jasper whispers leaning his head against mine. His black hair is softer than I remember.

“No.” I whisper back looking into those emerald eyes that I love so much.

“Good, because it’s never going to happen again.” he says with a smile I’ve only seen him give Katherine.

Then he leans down and kisses me slowly and passionately. I say it now, and I mean it forever that Jasper Williams is mine, and always will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
That's it, it's over.
I know I suck at writing endings.
But I hope you've enjoyed it.
And those of you who've followed this story since May, you're amazing.
- Kaitlyn