He Haunts Me

Welcome Home

“Cecilia! I’m home!” My mom called. I looked around my room frantically and he was no where to be seen. I ran down to my mom and hugged her tight.

“You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” my mom laughed and hugged me back and put a box of pizza down of the table.

I did, mom. I did just see a ghost. I saw an incredibly cocky and sexy ghost. I could see telling her that. I’d be in a mental hospital for sure.

I was on edge the rest of the night and was very jumpy when I heard the tinniest noise when I was trying to fall asleep.

“Ghost boy.” I called once my mom left for work. I got nothing in response. I growled annoyed and opened my Algebra II notebook to find numbers five to thirty-seven written neatly. Ghost boy did my homework?

“Ghost boy did my homework correctly?” I whispered to myself as the teacher went over the answers and every one was correct. A girl sitting next to me shot me a look suggesting I was crazy. I ignored it and began raising my hand with answers.

“Very good, Cecilia. You caught on very fast.” the teacher praised me. That’s the first time I’ve been praised in math! Ever. I suck at anything math related.

I walked to my locker and opened my locker and cursed as all my books fell at my feet.

“Boo.” I jumped when someone touched my shoulders. I turned and Nick was smiling at me.

“Hi.” I mumbled quietly trying to stuff my books back into my locker.

“You know Cecilia, you’re really quiet. I was expecting you to come in here and just take over our small school.” he leaned against the empty locker next to mine.

“R-really, why is that?” I struggled to pull my English book out of the tiny locker.

“You’re stuff just made you seem so, I don’t know. Like...” Nick struggled for the right word. I got my stuffed my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

“Sorry if I let you down.” I frowned and shut my locker..

“No-no-no!” Nick said rushed and grabbed my arm and pulled me around to face him. “I mean that in a good. Like interesting, different.” I stood awkwardly with Nick still holding onto my arm.

“Thanks?” I was unsure what to say when Nick’s hand was grasping my arm. He let go abruptly noticing he still had hold of it.

“So I was wondering if I could get a ride home with you, since you’re my neighbor and all."

I knew there was something behind his talking to me. “Sure.” I answered flatly. I was allowing myself to be used.

I parked in front of my house and threw my backpack on the couch and flipped the TV on.

“You should start on your homework now, you’re not the brightest...it could take all night if you don’t start soon.” the silky voice startled me and I screamed throwing the remote straight through him again.

“You’re slow aren’t you, love? Throwing things at me won’t get you very far, remember the hammer incident.” he lifted the remote and threw it forcefully back to me, barely missing my head. I'm pretty sure he was disappointed when I flinched away from the flying remote due to the small pout that appeared on his perfect lips.

“Who are you?” my voice cracked as I asked.

He stared at me for moment with pure amusement shining in his eyes. “I’m dead.” I just stared, not sure of what I was hearing. I convinced myself on the silent drive home that I was making him up, that I did my Algebra homework. “Um...” I felt like my knees turned to jelly. Good thing I was sitting. “You’re crazy, you are a crazy man. Get out of my house.” I said calmly.

“I’m not the crazy one. You’re the one who’s seeing things.” the hallucination stated with annoyance.

“Shut up, you’re a hallucination!” I spat.

“You shut up.” he replied crossing his arms over his chest. “And we’re getting back to the ‘you’re slow’ thing, clearly I am not a hallucination. Hallucinations can’t look this good plus I already told you, I’m dead.” he informed me with a sly smirk.

“So you’re telling me you’re a ghost?” I raised an eyebrow skeptically.

“Finally, I thought you’d never get it, Einstein.” and with that he walked out of the room leaving me on the couch opening and closing my mouth like a fish.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter four! Yay!
Feedback?