He Haunts Me

Jasper

“You look like a fish when you do that.” The “ghost” stated with a grin upon re-entering the room and finding me still trying to form words.

“If you’re a ghost why aren’t you floating and why can’t I see through you?” I asked trying to disprove the idea of a smart ass ghost harassing me. He rolled his eyes.

“Do you honestly believe everything you see in movies, shit for brains?” he asked taking my History text book.

“Okay, not trying to offend you but you are really creeping me out, okay. So if you could just read that somewhere else I would like...really appreciate it.” I said trying to gather my thought and not faint.

“Bitch.” he growled and walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. “And you ruined my room! I hate the color yellow!” he yelled and I heard a chair scrap against the floor and the thud of my History book on the table.

“Okay first of all, I am not a bitch. I am a very nice person when ghosts aren’t harassing me about my homework. Second, I’m kind of freaked out, I’m new to the whole I see dead people thing. Third, it is my room and I will paint any color I like.” I informed him, trying to sound threatening from my spot in the doorway.

“Come on! I cannot be the only ghost you’ve seen!” he faced me but kept his place in the history book with his finger.

“Well you are, so if you could refrain from you know harassing me so much I’d be very appreciative.” he turned back to the History book and continued to read.

“So can I know your name, since you seem to know mine.” He flipped a page seeming captured in what he was reading.

“Jasper.” he grumbled after a minute of silence.

Jasper was tall and pale. Although, I imagine most ghosts are. His face was like something you see in really old pictures. Perfect in every way, like a statue almost. I can’t imagine he died very long ago because he clothes were very in style. Dark tight jeans and a plain white t-shirt that hugged his body that was very well built. He had luminous green eyes. He had black hair that hung in his face. He wore black Vans on his feet. He wasn’t at all transparent, he walked using he legs and feet, he wasn’t flat, he wasn’t white. It was real. He was real. Everything about him was real except the fact that things went through him.

“Jasper?” I asked timidly, trying to avoid insults he always had ready to throw at me.

“Hmm?” he kept reading the History book with interest.

“How long have you been...you know...dead?” I was expecting him to make it all dramatic but he just answered.

“A while.” and left it at that.

“You smell really weird.” Jasper commented lying on the floor in my Art room as I drew a picture of man I found in a magazine. This is after he nagged me to do all my homework.

“No I don’t.” I told him shading the man’s lips.

“Uh, yeah. You do.” his head was propped up on hands and he kicked his feet while reading about airplanes.

“You like History?” I asked keeping my eyes on the paper and changing the subject completely.

“I guess you can say that.” I could hear him smirking, like he was sharing a joke with himself.

“Take my picture.” Jasper ordered shoving my camera at me.

“Will you show up?” I asked curiously.

“I don’t know.” he answered seeming curious himself. I aimed the camera at him and he smiled a breathe taking smile.

“Can you see me?” he asked excitedly. I snapped from staring at Jasper and looked at the screen on my camera.
“No.” I said sadly. I would have loved to capture his image to have forever.

“That blows.” he seemed indifferent and walked through the wall to my bedroom.

“Cecilia!” his silk like voice called to me.

“What?” I asked concentrating on the man’s nose.

“Come with me.” he answered.

“Why?”

“I don’t want to be alone.” Jasper whined sadly. Maybe there was more to Jasper than a sarcastic, rude, intellectual, dead jerk who nagged at me.

“You’re not alone, I’m right here.” I answered back.

“So you trust me with your box of notebooks? I’m very nosey, I'll know.” Maybe not. I could hear his smirk again. I rushed from my desk and pulled a notebook away from him as he lounged on my bed.

"Rude." Jasper mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter five!
Feedback?