He Haunts Me

Invasion of Privacy

My eyes went wide and ran toward his standing figure. “I told you not to read those!” I yelped pulling a green five subject notebook from his hands. “I couldn’t resist. I was bored.” he smirked at me. “You promised you wouldn’t read them!” I barked holding the notebook close to my chest. “I didn’t promise you shit, honey.” I felt myself becoming angry. “You...” I was at loss on what ti say to him. “If things didn’t go straight through you, I’d wipe that smirk off your face so fast, asshole!” I screamed. “You’re a very love sick little girl.” Jasper smiled cruelly.

“Do you have any respect for my privacy at all?” I ran from my room and into my art room. “Not really, no.” he answered walking through the wall. I let out a loud aggravated groan and grabbed my camera. “Oh and please, don’t get changed when I’m in the room. I’d really rather not see that, it’s kind of repulsive.” he commented fallowing me to the living room. “You...ugh! I hate you! Just leave me alone!” I growled stalking through the kitchen. “You leave me alone!” he yelled after me. “I never asked to see you!” I spat ripping the back door open and running off the deck into the slowly dying long grass.

“Ugh!” I kept repeating while snapping shots of leafs. “I hate dead people!” I yelled and immediately took it back thinking about my dad. “I didn’t mean that.” I apologized to the large tree I found myself sitting in. I jumped when a mother deer and two babies came close to the tree. I must have been sitting in the tree quietly for sometime. I slowly aimed my camera at them a few times before I returned to lounging in the tree. I waited for them to move along before I lept down from the tree and went back inside. It was beginning to get cold.

I tried to ignore the sounds from upstairs. It sounded like things were being thrown and slammed. I didn’t want to be caught in the middle of a dead guy’s tantrum. I turned the radio on in the kitchen while I made dinner. Mom said she’d be home at 7:00 tonight. I mixed the boiling pasta and put garlic bread in the oven. I turned back to the table and attempted to concentrate on my Chemistry homework. Jasper the un-friendly ghost was making it impossible to think about anything other than what was going on upstairs.

The noise stopped suddenly and I hear my mom’s heels clicking against the cracked sidewalk. At least he had the decency to stop before my mom heard. “How’s the homework going, Hun?” my mom asked kissing my forehead and turning off the boiling water. “Alright.” I said. “I’m just gonna take this upstairs.” I cleaned my books up and hurried upstairs to inspect the damage and try to repair it before my mom got upstairs. “Alright, I’ll finish cooking.” she replied as I scurried upstairs.

“Son of bitch.” I muttered angrily. My room was destroyed. My dresser drawers were open with clothes falling out of them. Anything on my vanity was on the floor. My CD rack looked like he pushed it over and let 254 alphabetically organized Cd's be thrown across the floor. My bookshelf was stripped of all books and they all laid in pile on the floor. I rushed to pick things up when I hear my mom coming upstairs. “What in God’s name happened in here?” my mom gasped. “Um, reorganizing.” I told her with a false smile. “Alright, I want this straightened out after dinner.” she warned me going toward her. Please let him have only reeked havoc on my room, please! I silently prayed. “Well dinner’s ready.” I grinned relieved and ran down to my food.

Mom and I ate quickly discussing our days before she headed to her office. She was apparently finding someone to come and paint the house, take care of our lawn, and fix our sinking front porch. Thank God. But that ugly carpet was still here. I ignored Jasper was standing angrily in the upstairs hallway. I was just going to pretend he didn’t exist anymore. He deserved it for totally trashing my room. He fallowed me into my room and stood in front of my stereo knowing I always turn it on when I come in. I put my hands through him once this wouldn’t be any different.

He stood with a cocky smirk on his face with his arm crossed. He was wearing a black shirt today with words that were unreadable and an odd picture with his too tight grey jeans. I walked straight through him. It felt like getting water from Antarctic dumped over me. I held in my shiver and pressed the play button letting sound fill my room. I headed to my bookshelf and knelt placing books through his knees and onto the self. “Cecilia, I know you can see me.” I opened a book and threw it toward my bed deciding to re-read it.

“Whatever, I know you can see me and hear me. You’re not going to win, Cecilia.” he was sitting Indian style in front of me while I finished my Chemistry homework. I stretched and yawned. It was shower time. “I’m right here. You’re not going to take your clothes off while I’m right here are you?” He voice held a mocking tone. I really didn’t care. I was tired and he was dead. What was he going to get out of it?” I turned the shower on and pulled my shirt off. “You’re not going to do it.” I kicked my jeans off leaving me in my red boy shorts and cami. I tugged my cami off leaving me in my black bra and red underpants. As I reached the clasp of my bra Jasper fled. Ghost boy is afraid of girls. I wide grin spread across my face, I would use it against him.