He Haunts Me

Burn!

“Cecilia. Cecilia. Cecilia.” I continued to ignore Jasper as he poked me violently. Not fair. He can poke me but every time I try to inflict pain on him, I go straight through him. He can touch me. But I can’t touch him. So not fair. Especially since he’s an arrogant ass monkey who deserves a punch in the face. “I’m trying to ignore you.” I muttered straightening my hair. “I’m leaving!” Bye!” my mom called from downstairs. “Bye!” I called back. “Well don’t.” Jasper jabbed my arm with his index finger again causing my straightener to burn my ear. "BURN!" Jasper shouted, then laughed at his own pun or maybe the fact that I was in pain. “Mother effing son of a shit eating bitch!” I cursed angrily after dropping my straightener on the floor due to the pain it caused me. “That wasn’t very lady like.” Jasper laughed, he was stretched out across my bed with amusement shining in his gorgeous emerald eyes. I turned my straightener off and jogged downstairs and sat on the couch picking at my black and lime green nail polish. I decided to go to school later than usual to avoid standing in the rain.

“You shouldn’t go to school today.” Jasper told me throwing himself lazily on the couch wearing the same pajama pants and t-shirt he was wearing the morning before. “Why is that?” I asked disinterestedly flicking through channels. “Because I’ll be bored .” “That’s a dumb reason, we don’t even like each other. Plus I have an Algebra quiz today which is far less painfully than spending a day with you..” I settled on the local News. “Ouch. That one hurt.” he yawned and ran his hand through his hair making it stick up in different directions. It was incredibly attractive. No. No it wasn’t. Because he’s dead. “I’m leaving.” I picked up my bag threw it over my shoulder. “What, I don’t get a goodbye?” Jasper asked from the couch, where he sat wearing that sexy smirk of his. Damn him and his good looks. “Nope.” I answered flatly and locked the door behind me.

“Hey!” a chubby girl with long brown hair chirped at me in lunch and sat across from me at my normally empty table. I noticed her table was empty also. “Hi.” I said shyly. “I’m Violet.” she offered. “I’m Cecilia.” I gave my name back. “I know, Nick told me all about you! Sorry if that sounds utterly stalker like. I am just so stoked there is another artist in this school!” I couldn’t contain my smile. “Do you wanna go to the art room?” Violet asked “We have Mrs. Smith after lunch and she’s not here so we can hang out in the art room.” I agreed to go with Violet. We both had Lunch sixth period. Art after lunch, and English with Mrs. Smith as our last class of the day.

“You’re really good.” she sounded taken back looking at quick drawing I did of a hand. “Um, thanks.” I was very shy when meeting outgoing people like Violet. Also I sucked at receiving compliments, I always did. “So I’ll see you Monday!” Violet yelled running to her mom’s black SUV “See ya!” I yelled back laughing and running to my own black car.

“What are you so smiley about?” Jasper interrogated me as soon as I walked through the front door. He was wearing his normal grimace.“Um, way to get dress today.” I remarked seeing his was still in his pajamas. “Not what I asked, love.” “Not my name.” I ran upstairs and threw my soaked hoodie on the floor. “Wet t-shirt! Jackpot!” Jasper cheered waltzing through the closed door. “Get out, pervert.” I ordered digging for a dry shirt to replace my damp and now see through tee shirt. “Jasper!” I barked causing him to snap out of his trance at my upper body. He grinned not meeting my eyes and waltzed out of the room.

“Where are you pervert?” I asked drying my hair with a fluffy towel. He didn’t answer and I shrugged. I threw the damp towel in the hamper. “Okay, dressed. Now what made you so happy?” he sounded pissed but interested. His life, scratch that, his afterlife must be pretty boring. “I think I made a friend today.” my smile spread across my face. I don’t even know why I spoke to him, all he did was insult me. Jasper raised an eyebrow and sat on the kitchen table. “That’s surprising.” he snorted, receiving a glare from me. “Name?” he asked skeptically. “Violet.” I answered filling my large green mug with water and placing it in the microwave and hit the one button. Jasper thought about that for a moment then scoffed and sat himself on the counter top. “Not real.” he stated.

I muttered angrily as I mixed hot chocolate mix with the mug of hot water. Jasper was equivalent to twelve annoying little brothers. I was ready to pull my hair out after once conversation usually. “So what are we doing this weekend?” Jasper asked picking at his nails, completely uninterested. “Nothing.” I answered sipping my hot chocolate. “Come on! It’s Friday throw a party or something! I’m so bored.” he whined. I was about to tell him I didn’t give a shit if he was bored but the phone ringing cut me off. “Hello?” I answered wonder who could possibly be calling. No one knows us. “Hello Cecilia!” I grinned widely upon hearing Tristan’s voice
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think so far?