Status: active

Through Pain of Heart or Loss of Mind

1

Taylor and I pulled into a small, no name gas station. While she filled up the tank, I walked inside to buy some snacks and drinks to replenish out nearly empty snack bag. I felt myself yawn; needless to say, I was getting tired. Neither of us had a clue where there would be a hotel around, I just hoped we didn't have to sleep in the van tonight. The bell the the store rang just as I got to the counter, and placed the armful on the counter.

"All full up!" Taylor said.

"Alright, cool. Now we just need to find a place for the night." I said to her. My eyes felt heavy. "So tired."

"I am too." She agreed. "Have you seen any signs?"

"No, we'll probably have to hop off the highway to one of the small towns." Taylor was at the GPS on her phone.

"The next exit, right off the road there is a hotel. It's nothing fancy, but they offer free breakfast." The woman behind the counter pipped up.

"Thank you very much!" Taylor and I both said, smiling.

"You're very welcome girls." She handed us our bags. "Have a good trip, stay safe!"

I opened the trunk, and refilled the bag, sliding it to the front on the van. Getting into the passenger side, I opened a bottle of soda, hoping the sugar would give me enough energy until we find the hotel.

"You're in charge of music." Taylor said, hopping into the drivers side, and putting the key in the ignition. I picked up the small bag at my feet and flipped through the cd cases. When I found one, I held it up.

"Avenged?" I asked.

"Is that a serious question?" Taylor gave me the look. "If it's got anything to do with a7x, then no questions need to be asked."

Candy? Check.
Drinks? Check.
Good Music? Check.
Getting thrown into a whirlwind of events that we didn't plan on? Check, check. check.
♠ ♠ ♠
How yah guys doing?!
Taylor and I are back, and going to be better :D
I hope you like the rewrite, and tell all your friends!
Thanks!
Comment/Rec/Subscribe!
-Your Perfect Weapon