Status: Read, Comment, Subscribe, and Recommend!

St. Laurence Academy

Welcome to St. Laurence Academy.

“Boarding school? A BOARDING SCHOOL?” How could I not see this coming? All the signs showed but I had been too blind, so caught up in whatever it was. “Now Blake, there’s no need to scream. Sweetheart, this is all for you.” I didn’t know what was happening, I was shaking pacing back and forth across the wooden floors in my father’s office. They didn’t get it, why the hell would the want to move me the summer before my Senior-fucking year of high school? It just didn’t make sense.

I stopped in my place and stared both of them down. “What’s the catch?” They looked at me like they didn’t know what I was talking about. “Oh please, don’t give me that look. Why am I being sent away for school when I obviously have been nothing but amazing. There’s something else isn’t there? What is it?” I watched as my parents stole a glance from each other and I knew there was something the moment my mother began nibbling on her bottom lip and my dad tapping at his large oak desk.

“I’m getting transferred Blake.” I motioned him to continue. “They’re opening up a branch in Seoul, Korea and well we’re not familiar with the schools there and if you were to come along you’d be pushed back because of the grading difference.” I screamed, I screamed louder than I have ever screamed before.

“You’re telling me that you two are going to be in another country while I rot away in some ”prestigious” boarding school with mindless bobble-heads of our future society? You’re sick, you’re both mentally ill and out of your mind if you even think for one minute that I would agree to this.”

Image


“Please Blake, be kind with us. We promise you, you are going to love it here. St. Laurence is a wonderful academy and look at it this way. You don’t have any required uniform.” Like that helped out any. I continued to ignore them as I watched the scenery pass me by.

The ride from the airport was a long one meaning I wouldn’t be able to make an escape any time soon. “Here” I could here a soft jingle and then a soft thud on my lap. I held up a pair of keys within my fingers. “I don’t need your apology gifts.”

I tossed them back only to have then come flying at me once again. “It’s used, we know how much you hate flashy. It’s to help you get around. We haven’t forgotten how much you enjoy your independence, which is also another reason why we thought that this was going to be okay.” My mom was just in fits.

“I had friends, an established life back home mom.” She sighed. “We know baby, but it’ll be okay.” I wish I could believe them. The rest of the ride was in silence, when we got to the school the three of us attended orientation to only have it followed back registration, getting my room, parking spot, blah, blah, blah.

This was going to be my life… for the next year and I had no choice but to accept it.

Image


My name is Blake Elizabeth Austin. I’m seventeen years old and the daughter of Elliot Austin, CEO of a large production company established in Australia, America, and Europe. Now that they’re branching out even further I’m stuck here in a boarding school ways away from my home.

All my life yeah I had luxuries that not a lot of kids my age get the chance of having, but one thing my parents did do right was teach me about self worth, responsibility, and not letting high class necessities run your life.

I’m afraid. I don’t know anyone… I’m alone because the second I was situated they were gone. It’s a killer. I stared out the window of my apartment like dorm. At least my view was nice. Todays the day of the start of my brand new journey, a new chapter in my life, and you get to follow me. Watch as everything unravels in front of me. I stepped away from the window, lay back in my bed and waited the moment I would meet my roommate. Welcome to hell St. Laurence Academy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope you guys enjoy this story. I'm really excited to be writing it! Let me know in the comments what you think or if you want a part in the story.